Quentin Griffin signed with the K.C. Chiefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 bucks says he gets cut.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
      10 bucks says he gets cut.
      Asian,

Oh you of little faith... I'm not betting against that ... I value my 10 bucks... Arapaho might take you on though...
      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
        Asian,

Oh you of little faith... I'm not betting against that ... I value my 10 bucks... Arapaho might take you on though...

but when i win i prob never get my 10
        sigpic
        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

I knew I could count on you to reply to that. I know you and I have gone round and round on the QG issues.

If you remember right at first I was a QG fan, but over time, I just don't see it. I do admire his heart though and his attitude.
          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

I think if he was a little more confident he would have been a great fit, the Jacksonville game was just the straw that broke the camels back.

I think he is better off with a fresh start and KC will have a great O-line and he will have a good chance to be productive.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev jd
              Being a Sooner fan, I always had high hopes for Q. I thought he got a bad rap from commentators as being a fumbler. If they'd looked at replays, they'd have seen that he held on to the ball as well as anyone. My complaint about his playing wasn't against him, but against our play calling. It seems that Shanahan/Kubiak couldn't understand that a guy as small as Q just can't plow up the middle of a defensive line! Yet that seemed to be what they wanted out of him. Crazy, if you ask me! Anyway, I wish him the best wherever he plays.
              The play calling sucked as did at the time the blocking. We had just shuffled the O-line deck moving lepsis to LT foster to RT and we had a new guard starting also. That meant the the only folks that knew their neighbor on the oline was nalen and neil.

Plus we had a 207 pound full back that was playing out of position. Whose heart IMHO was not in making big blocks for someone else.

Once RD moved into the RB spot KJ came in and became a Griffith look alike. The Oline got to know each other also. RD was tenacious about keeping his feet moving and got the tough yard or two.

Comment

Originally posted by fxblitz
                I think if he was a little more confident he would have been a great fit, the Jacksonville game was just the straw that broke the camels back.

I think he is better off with a fresh start and KC will have a great O-line and he will have a good chance to be productive.

You mean the JAX game that Mikey gave him the GAME BALL.

It was stupid play calling period, trying to beat the strength their TWO ALL PRO DT's. Henderson and Stroud with our revamped O-line. DUMB real DUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                  The play calling sucked as did at the time the blocking. We had just shuffled the O-line deck moving lepsis to LT foster to RT and we had a new guard starting also. That meant the the only folks that knew their neighbor on the oline was nalen and neil.

Plus we had a 207 pound full back that was playing out of position. Whose heart IMHO was not in making big blocks for someone else.
                  Once RD moved into the RB spot KJ came in and became a Griffith look alike. The Oline got to know each other also. RD was tenacious about keeping his feet moving and got the tough yard or two.

whoa, jr, reel it in a bit. you cant knock RD's heart. he definately was undersized for a fullback, but you cant say his heart was not in making blocks for someone else. RD gave every thing he had when he was a fullback.
                  "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
                    whoa, jr, reel it in a bit. you cant knock RD's heart. he definately was undersized for a fullback, but you cant say his heart was not in making blocks for someone else. RD gave every thing he had when he was a fullback.
                    I don't see that Jr is questioning Reuben's heart- just his blocking.

I believed what Jr stated at the time. With more time to evaluate what happened and why. I still believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
                      Do you really know for sure?

If Q can't handle the load. Who was next on the depth chart? Do you really think he was not aware of he was next?

Plus Mikey was asking him to do something that was out of his depth. as emergency FB playing from time to time he did ok, but full time, at a shade over 200 pounds that was a stupid decision by someone.

Inquiring minds have to wonder!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                        Do you really know for sure?

If Q can't handle the load. Who was next on the depth chart? Do you really think he was not aware of he was next?

Plus Mikey was asking him to do something that was out of his depth. as emergency FB playing from time to time he did ok, but full time, at a shade over 200 pounds that was a stupid decision by someone.

Inquiring minds have to wonder!!
                        I agree that RD was not a fullback, but I believe he did give what he had. It just wasn't enough.
                        I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

Comment

Working...
                        X