T.O. Question Could Soon Be Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.O. Question Could Soon Be Over

hi folks, I was jsut listening to Moving The Chains a radio show on Sirius Satelite radio and apparently it was reported last night that T.O had reached an agreement with the Dallas Cowboys, a report that was denied by his agent Drew Rosenhaus(who I'm sure responded with "next question" lol). Although no official report has been issued this seems to all but seal T.O's destination and it appears it will jsut be a matter of time before a deal will officially be anounced. Personally I feel terrible I really believe that for at least next season he would be a great contribution to the Broncos. The question now remains will Shanahan draft a WR or will the Broncos go out and try and get a player like Moulds who would be a perfect fit in Denver but is still under contract with the Bills. If T.O wants to go to Dallas that would be a big mistake with Drew Bledsoe as their QB and he'll probably have the same sort of season Randy Moss had in Oakland. Just wanted to hear your thoughts on where we can go from here I'm getting a little sick of Denver dragging their heels in free agency. I'm still of the position that we have the tools to win the division but I was really hoping for a explosive addition to our organization that would put us over the top it seems with the loss of Putz and Anderson we're going backwards not forwards.

Originally posted by BroncoCanuck
    hi folks, I was jsut listening to Moving The Chains a radio show on Sirius Satelite radio and apparently it was reported last night that T.O had reached an agreement with the Dallas Cowboys, a report that was denied by his agent Drew Rosenhaus(who I'm sure responded with "next question" lol). Although no official report has been issued this seems to all but seal T.O's destination and it appears it will jsut be a matter of time before a deal will officially be anounced. Personally I feel terrible I really believe that for at least next season he would be a great contribution to the Broncos. The question now remains will Shanahan draft a WR or will the Broncos go out and try and get a player like Moulds who would be a perfect fit in Denver but is still under contract with the Bills. If T.O wants to go to Dallas that would be a big mistake with Drew Bledsoe as their QB and he'll probably have the same sort of season Randy Moss had in Oakland. Just wanted to hear your thoughts on where we can go from here I'm getting a little sick of Denver dragging their heels in free agency. I'm still of the position that we have the tools to win the division but I was really hoping for a explosive addition to our organization that would put us over the top it seems with the loss of Putz and Anderson we're going backwards not forwards.
    there are threads all over the boards about this very topic

Comment

Have you even bothered to look at any of the other thousand threads talking about this? Not exactly a news flash.
      sigpic

Comment

T.O. and Dallas

If it comes to pass that Owens plays for the Cowboys, I think he will be a better fit there than Denver. He likes getting the ball and Bledsoe has one of the best deep arms out there. To me, it's a perfect match. Maybe Parcells can control him. Personally, I think he's one of the most unsportsmandlike and disobebiant athletes in the NFL. I'd be willing to bet he doesn't have a whole lot of former teammates who like him very much. He certainly hasn't left a lot of fans in San Francisco and Phili pulling for him. I like the Broncos players we have. I wouldn't want an excuse to hate the organization because they put selfishness over sportsmanship.

Comment

do you think that they leaked it out to maybe see if other teams were gonna make a pitch for him ..
          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
          While he sits by his hearth at home.
          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
          That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Newest update

Cowboys, Owens have deal in principle

10:48 PM CST on Friday, March 17, 2006
            By JEAN-JACQUES TAYLOR / The Dallas Morning News

IRVING -- The Cowboys have reached an agreement in principle with star receiver Terrell Owens, two sources said Friday night.

The sources said a formal announcement regarding the free-agent receiver is expected in the next few days.

Owner Jerry Jones and club spokesman Rich Dalrymple could not be reached for comment. Owens’ agent, Drew Rosenhaus, could not be reached for comment.

Owens, 32, spent the past two seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles and scored 20 touchdowns in 21 games. But the Eagles deactivated the 32-year-old receiver for the final nine games of last season for conduct detrimental to the team after he frequently criticized club officials and quarterback Donovan McNabb because he was unhappy with his contract.

Still, he finished the season with 47 receptions for 763 yards and six touchdowns.

Owens would give the Cowboys the type of dynamic receiver they have not had since a neck injury forced Michael Irvin to retire after the 1999 season. Until last season, Owens had caught at least 77 passes for at least 1,100 yards in each of the past five seasons and played in the Pro Bowl five of the past six seasons.

Dallas hasn’t had a Pro bowl receiver since Irvin in 1995 and has had just one 1,000-yard receiver since 2000.

The addition of Owens should help an offense that struggled to score touchdowns at times last season. Dallas failed to score more than 14 points in six games, losing each of them. With Owens in the lineup drawing double coverage, it should create more one-on-one opportunities for receiver Terry Glenn and tight end Jason Witten.

And with Owens occupying at least one safety that means one less defender in the running game that Julius Jones has to be concerned about, which should make him more productive.

Owens will be playing for his third team in four seasons because he be toxic within a locker room. He has feuded with his last two quarterback – Jeff Garcia and Donovan McNabb – and each had a Pro Bowl on his resume.

He has thrown sideline temper tantrums when he doesn’t think he’s getting the ball enough and they’ve been directed at coaches and teammates, but there has never been any question about his work ethic or production.

The Cowboys are betting that coach Bill Parcells can handle Owens and prevent him from becoming a problem in the locker room.

Owens problems in Philadelphia began when he wanted his seven-year, $49 million contract restructured after he caught 80 passes for 1,200 yards and 14 touchdowns to help Philadelphia reach the Super Bowl in the first year of the deal.

Owens became Public Enemy No.1 to many Cowboys fans in 2000 when as a member of the San Francisco 49ers he sprinted to midfield and celebrated a touchdown on the star at Texas Stadium. In 2004, he turned in one of the finest performances by a receiver against the Cowboys when he caught six passes for 134 yards and touchdowns of 59, 27 and 16yards in a, 49-21, victory over the Cowboys on Monday Night Football.
            President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
            I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

i think your right..just saw it on ESPN

I still miss the blue background.

Comment

Its A Offical

hes a cowboy
                http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index

Comment