Top 4 Upset teams this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 4 Upset teams this year?

Who are your top four upset teams this year, the teams that will go good and might even contend for a playoff spot.

1- Im gonna say Arizona. Getting a great RB, they have a very good young QB that needs to the learn the system but its also someone that should be ready to come in for Warner when called on. They the best WR tandom in the NFL yes thier D needs some work but in the NFL i thnk a good offense will get you far.

2- Miami- I know alot of people are saying they will be better, but i think think they go into the second round of the playoffs. That there is a good ball club, with Brown just getting better and better and Daunte throwing the ball now. They have Chambers and McMicheal for two good recieving options. Thier D is still pretty solid, not dominate anymore but solid.

3- Baltimore- With McNair now inplace of Boller. ANd improved help on the D, Nagata, will take pressure off Lewis and will be a big body to run around. With Mason knowing McNair they could be a good team once again. And Clayton should just improve in his second year and become a legit deep threat.

4- Washington OR Tampa- I know both teams made the playoffs last year, but niether team was ready. With both teams improving ever so slightly i think they might be ready to take the next step and become a goo playoff team. Both defenses declined a bit but both offenses inproved. Also another good team that could finally be really good is Alanta. Adding Abraham and hoping (once again) that this will be the year Vick learns to pass. Not holding my breath though. With thier run game and Vicks ever so slight improvement at passing could give them a more balanced attack.

Your thoughts
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

1.Arizona
    2.Cleveland
    3.New Oreans
    4.Oakland(yes, I said it )
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosfreak_56
      1.Arizona
      2.Cleveland
      3.New Oreans
      4.Oakland(yes, I said it )
      Nice picks. I agree mostly with these, except for new orleans. Bush is unbelieveable, but i just dont see that team getting turned around that quick. Next year, i think they'll be scary. Instead id input miami in their spot. Miami will win their division, and possibly the first round of the playoffs. But other than that, i like your picks.
      "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
        3- Baltimore- With McNair now inplace of Boller. ANd improved help on the D, Nagata, will take pressure off Lewis and will be a big body to run around. With Mason knowing McNair they could be a good team once again. And Clayton should just improve in his second year and become a legit deep threat.
        If you are going to hail Ngata like he is the second coming of your lord then you should learn to spell it right.
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandxxRaider
          Nice picks. I agree mostly with these, except for new orleans. Bush is unbelieveable, but i just dont see that team getting turned around that quick. Next year, i think they'll be scary. Instead id input miami in their spot. Miami will win their division, and possibly the first round of the playoffs. But other than that, i like your picks.
          I put NO mostly for their offence, which will be in the top ten, maybe top 5. But it all hinges on how well drew grees does. They have Donte stallworth who can be really good, joe horn who is like rod smith, Duce mcalister who was very good two years ago, but injured last year, and reggie, who will be the rookie of the year, and could have 1000+ yards rushing and maybe receiving. No doubt their offence will be explosive to say the least, but their defence really brings them down...kind of like the colts last year. I see your point though about miami, but they really came on last year, so I wouldnt call them a suprise because most sports writers are really pumping them up.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dawgfan
            If you are going to hail Ngata like he is the second coming of your lord then you should learn to spell it right.
            Im not hailing him, if anything i dont care about him. But he is a big body that will be difficult to get by.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Umm... Any playoff team that does well this year isn't really considered and upset team. And to say the Redskins weren't ready is just plain dumb. Unlike their division winning counterparts, the Giants, they actually won a playoff game. And unlike the Panthers, they didn't get blown out by the Seahawks. So they do not qualify as an upset team and should be favored to win the division this year.

1. Houston Texans - With the addition of Eric Moulds and Kubiak's scheme being introduced, David Carr will develop into a more mobile quarterback. And with a great back in Davis, this team is capable of winning their division. At least, if Pat Buchanon learns how to play football.

2. Buffalo Bills - For all the flack they are getting for their first round picks, I genuinly feel this team is ready to rise back up and be a contender in the AFC East. They drafted defense, and they showed last season they already had one. Look out for this team.

I don't really have much faith in other teams upsetting though.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderArmour
                Umm... Any playoff team that does well this year isn't really considered and upset team. And to say the Redskins weren't ready is just plain dumb. Unlike their division winning counterparts, the Giants, they actually won a playoff game. And unlike the Panthers, they didn't get blown out by the Seahawks. So they do not qualify as an upset team and should be favored to win the division this year.

1. Houston Texans - With the addition of Eric Moulds and Kubiak's scheme being introduced, David Carr will develop into a more mobile quarterback. And with a great back in Davis, this team is capable of winning their division. At least, if Pat Buchanon learns how to play football.

2. Buffalo Bills - For all the flack they are getting for their first round picks, I genuinly feel this team is ready to rise back up and be a contender in the AFC East. They drafted defense, and they showed last season they already had one. Look out for this team.

I don't really have much faith in other teams upsetting though.
                Did you even watch them play in the playoffs?

They didnt belong niether did the Buccs last year. Both teams just werent ready for the competition and that showed in thier sad performences

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

I see a few teams as a suprise this year, Arizona just because the addition of Edge along with Kurt Warner to mentor Matt Leinhart

I see Cleveland as another team thats up and coming, additions on offense along with a Healthy Kellen Winslow Jr (but for how long?)

and finally the Dolphins i think will win their division

Comment

1. New Orleans: Not simply because of Brees & Bush, but because they weren't as bad as their record indicated last year, playing in a total of 0 "true" home games. Sean Peyton will whip them into shape. They will have 8 home games this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they either went 9-7 or spoiled playoff chances for at least two teams in their division alone.

2. Oakland: A rejuvanation is in progress, along with a somewhat easy 4 game stretch to begin the season. If they go 3-1 in this stretch, they will have confidence going into the next 1/4 of the season. Even 2-2 is pretty good. They were another team that was not as bad as their record indicated. A healthy Moss and/or Ronald Curry with an offense that should consume a chunk of the clock, which will cloud a young defense as they continue to try to learn the ropes as a unit.

4. Philadelphia Eagles. They sucked last year because of injuries and suspensions. They are 1 year removed from 4 straight conference championship games. They are an Ashley Lelie away from going back to a 12-4, 13-3 team. And last I remember, their first three conference title appearances were without T.O., and their victory in the 4th game was also without him.

3. Baltimore. McNair alone, even if he plays 10 games, will help take this team to the playoffs.

I did not list Miami, because it would not be a surprise if they excell, nor did I list a fav of mine, arizona, since it seems to be popular to swing on their sacs.

Comment

1. 49ers-- you get beat by them you're upset.
                      2. Oakland- They should be able to surprise some teams looking past them.
                      3. Saints-- They might be very good this year. As long as Drew is OK they will put up some points.
                      4. Rams/ Bills-- No bodies saying much about them. They might hurt a team or two.

;);)

Watch out!!!

Comment

In no particular order

1) St Louis- Stephen Jackson was so misused by Martz. Linehan will use him right as the Rams start playing a more balanced offense.

2) Philly- Last season was an aberration. They'll be much better next year. They do play in a very tough division though.

3) Minnesota Vikings- I dont think they are Superbowl contenders or anything, but I like them to make a run to the playoffs in whats a pathetic division. Brad Johnson's health is key.

4) Thats it, I don't like anyone else.
                        You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
                          Did you even watch them play in the playoffs?

They didnt belong niether did the Buccs last year. Both teams just werent ready for the competition and that showed in thier sad performences

I'd have to agree. They had a total offense number somewhere around 130 yds.
                          Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
                            I'd have to agree. They had a total offense number somewhere around 130 yds.
                            Yeah, but both improved thier offense this year

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

the 49ers

Davis is going to have 2000 yards rushing and 40 tds

Comment

Working...
                              X