Rothlesberger in motorcycle crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rothlesberger in motorcycle crash

Today at about 11:30 am, Ben Rothlesberger (sorry for the misspelling) was in a motorcycle crash and is injured. He was not wearing a helmet. Details are still coming in, but lets all hope for the best for him.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib.../s_457685.html
    www.drudgereport.com

Ouch, that's too bad. Hope he gets better.

Meanwhile, you may have a cp.
    Go Huskers.

Comment

I hope he's ok but what a dumbass to go on his bike without a helmet!

Comment

link is to slow

Ben you will be in our prayers. God be with you.
        [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
        Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by hemster2
          Today at about 11:30 am, Ben Rothlesberger (sorry for the misspelling) was in a motorcycle crash and is injured. He was not wearing a helmet. Details are still coming in, but lets all hope for the best for him.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib.../s_457685.html
          www.drudgereport.com
          If this is true, I feel bad for him. If his injuries are serious, this could change his career.

I never understood that law. I wrote my representative to vote for helmets, personally.

I will say, that this is a touch of karma, if you believe in that. He was kinda of flippant about it in the 2004 season.

I hope he is ok. Really.

EDIT: Neither link is working......is this real?

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

I couldn't get the original link to work but here's another one:

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...67/detail.html

No word on the extent of his injuries but he went over the handlebars, hit the windshield of another vehicle then hit the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
              If this is true, I feel bad for him. If his injuries are serious, this could change his career.

EDIT: Neither link is working......is this real?
              Check out post 6 for new link. SAdly it is true.

Comment

I remember seeing him on a special about kellen winslow and his crash and was saying he drives safe does not wear helmet because of law etc., so this tells you regardless of how well and safe you drive.. etc., etc.,

Hope he is alright

Comment

Woah, what's the law on helmets in the US? It's compulsory here I believe...(for bikes and motorbikes)
                  sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Damn When are they gonna learn. Winslow, Williams, and now ben . I thought most Pro teams had things in their contracts that provent players from riding motorcycles...

Comment

Originally posted by muse
                      Woah, what's the law on helmets in the US? It's compulsory here I believe...(for bikes and motorbikes)
                      Helmet laws are state by state. There is no Federal helmet law to my knowledge.
                      [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                      Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Depends on where you are. Here in Nebraska you have to have a helmet. Some states don't make you and others do.

Comment

Roethlisberger in motorcycle accident!

Ben Roethlisberger ran into a truck on his motorcycle this morning!

I wasn't able to find any updates on this status of his condition, but apparently Big Ben has said that he prefers not to wear a helmet when he's out on his bike.

Yikes! Steeler nation is probably freaking out right now.

Get well soon, Ben - I'd rather have you out on the field when my team whoops you guys.
                          HEAR ME ROAR!
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

--- Aren't these type of activities specifically forbidden in most NFL contracts ?

--- Best for Big Ben !!!

---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                            The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                            http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                            My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

It's a state by state decision. I know in TN it's required, but not here in Indiana, or in KY.

I'm a big believer in helmets and seat belts. While some states say its legal not to wear a helmet, and most states say you dont have to wear your seatbelt in a pick-up...my hubby said it best last week to me:

"Just because it's the law doesnt make it right, or save someone when they crash."

I really hope Big Ben is okay. That accident sounds serious. Motorcycle vs. Car is never good...
                              sigpic
                              Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                              -Sean Payton

Comment

Working...
                              X