• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cato June Arrested

Sorry if this has been posted but I didn't see it
    http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/IND/9496389
    Colts linebacker June arrested
    NFL.com wire reports

LEBANON, Ind. (June 13, 2006) -- Indianapolis Colts linebacker Cato June was arrested for failing to appear in court on a driving while suspended charge.

June, who was selected as a Pro Bowl starter last season, was released from the Boone County Jail on $500 bond, said a jail staffer who declined to give her name. Boone County is just northwest of Indianapolis.

Additional details about the charges against June were not immediately available.

June was a backup in 11 games as a rookie in 2003. He started every game in 2004 and blossomed last season in his second year as a starter. He had 109 tackles, third-most on the team, returned two interceptions for touchdowns and was voted to the Pro Bowl.

He signed a new contract in April for one year at $1.57 million.
    Why are players getting so dumb and screwing up their lives for little dumb things?
    MMA News
    MMA News 247

Originally posted by champbronc2
    Sorry if this has been posted but I didn't see it
    http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/IND/9496389

Why are players getting so dumb and screwing up their lives for little dumb things?
    Thanks for the info. Its the money that makes these guys feel invincible. Not always, cuz im sure not every single NFL player does stupid things...however, when you make that much money you tend to get a sense about yourself that you're "untouchable". I think coaches need to start being more diciplined on their players in the offseason...especially if their players are jeopardizing not only their careers, but their lives. This has by far been the craziest off-season ive seen....
    "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

[QUOTE=OaklandxxRaider] Its the money that makes these guys feel invincible. Not always, cuz im sure not every single NFL player does stupid things...however, when you make that much money you tend to get a sense about yourself that you're "untouchable". QUOTE]

So are you saying this wouldn't of happened if he wasn't rich, and people with no money don't do anything wrong? The NFL has alot of people in it. It is inevitable that some players get in trouble. Just like normal everyday people. Theres lots of them, and some of them get in trouble.

Comment

[QUOTE=LbloodOjunkieG]
        Originally posted by OaklandxxRaider
        Its the money that makes these guys feel invincible. Not always, cuz im sure not every single NFL player does stupid things...however, when you make that much money you tend to get a sense about yourself that you're "untouchable". QUOTE]

So are you saying this wouldn't of happened if he wasn't rich, and people with no money don't do anything wrong? The NFL has alot of people in it. It is inevitable that some players get in trouble. Just like normal everyday people. Theres lots of them, and some of them get in trouble.
        I agree, but I would imagine that the percentage of NFL players that get involved in these types of things is higher than what it is among the general population
        Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

How many NFL players and upcoming rookies have been arrested this offseason. It seems that there have been a lot of players.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CB Bronco Fan
            How many NFL players and upcoming rookies have been arrested this offseason. It seems that there have been a lot of players.
            Santonio Holmes.
            Poor former Buckeye.

BTW, Did any of you hear that J.J. Red**** was arrested for DUI the other day?

Man if I get that chance someday to be in the NFL, I sure as heck won't mess it up. Some of these players probally take it for granted and like stated earlier, they think since they are so good they can do what they want.
            Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBuckeye
              Santonio Holmes.
              Poor former Buckeye.

BTW, Did any of you hear that J.J. Red**** was arrested for DUI the other day?

Man if I get that chance someday to be in the NFL, I sure as heck won't mess it up. Some of these players probally take it for granted and like stated earlier, they think since they are so good they can do what they want.
              Yeah, Red**** fouled up bad, they sure don't really appreciate the situation they are in, I'd kill to be in their shoes, but half of them don't even get that large of a punishment, or even rarely found guilty, as far as Ray Lewis and Jamal Lewis go

Comment

Some of these guys aren't the brightest. They work so much on their physical game that their inteligence is lacking. Then add "top of the world" to that and you get many of these guys.
                "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

usually these things happen when players a relatively young, too. At least it isn't quite as bad as the NBA, when you have a lot more kids coming out of high school. An 18 year old Millionaire who still thinks they are bulletproof is a scary thing...
                  Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Working...
                  X