Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would TO be even better converting to CB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would TO be even better converting to CB?

Obviously he is very talented. The thing is, wouldn't he be a great corner? I bet if some of the elite WR's decided to do that, they'd be superstars. Just a random thought, but I would like some opinions about it. I am pretty sure the money is better at WR, but sometimes I think about how small corners are typically and what would it mean to have a beast like TO there...
    Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

No,He isn't Fit to be CB.

Comment

I think TO makes a much better WR than he would a corner.

Comment

No. Why switch a position you master to another position that you don't even know.

Elite Wide receivers are elite receivers. They are two different positions. It's not like going from corner to safety. You have to back peddle, switch your hips, tackle and read the QB. And, believe it or not, T.O. is not fast enough to be an elite corner. He'd get burned periodically. His skills are to play the receiving position. Playing corner and being an elite one, or even a great one, or even a constistently good one, takes plenty of time. T.O., at this stage in his NFL life, doesn't have that time.

Someone may mention Deion Sanders. Well, it's easy to go deep on a sideline route and catch a ball. Ask him, or any corner dying to play wideout, to take a catch up the middle with a hard hitting safety waiting to launch. Not gonna happen. Just like T.O. covering a Randy Moss with success. Never.

Same goes for Moss covering T.O.

Comment

yeah he is an awesome wr, but just imagine him in there covering someone, it would be insane I think. yeah overall wr might be better, but this is just hypothetical

Comment

Originally posted by MN-Broncofreak
            yeah he is an awesome wr, but just imagine him in there covering someone, it would be insane I think. yeah overall wr might be better, but this is just hypothetical

He would get burned on every play.

He's WAY too big to play corner.

You need quickness and quick recovery speed to play that position.

With his weight, he would not be able to recover from a mediocre juke.

He'd get burned on every play.

Comment

Obviously he is very talented. The thing is, wouldn't he be a great corner? I bet if some of the elite WR's decided to do that, they'd be superstars. Just a random thought, but I would like some opinions about it. I am pretty sure the money is better at WR, but sometimes I think about how small corners are typically and what would it mean to have a beast like TO there...
              isn't the right size, hes huge

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
                This is what I am talking about. You don't think he's quick? I mean, maybe it wouldn't be ideal, but I remember Champ getting burned by some bigger, elite WR's. Could someone bigger do a better job?

Comment

This is what I am talking about. You don't think he's quick? I mean, maybe it wouldn't be ideal, but I remember Champ getting burned by some bigger, elite WR's. Could someone bigger do a better job?
                  that is a good example

however, T.O. has been known to have an attitude that he doesn't want to bend over for what the coach wants and he will just do whatever he wants
                  i don't think he would be motivated to make the switch, could he play the posistion? possibly, unfortunatly we may never know

Comment

who cares........if denver had a 400 pound cornerback and he did a good job i wouidnt care
                    "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos86
                      who cares........if denver had a 400 pound cornerback and he did a good job i wouidnt care
                      thats probobaly impossible, what i meant by HUGE is the fact that it's harder for him to make the cuts that a smaller Corner can make like Champ, he won't be able to move as well

do you really think you could just plug anybody in at any spot? it's not that simple, people get wayyyy too caught up in this hypothetical crap
                      Last edited by str8jacket; 06-15-2006, 07:30 AM.

Comment

There are certain postions you can't switch. I found out this week you cannot switch from Fullback to TE...................I'll have to ask the experts if it's possible to switch from WR to CB.

Comment

NO!!

TO is built for the perfect WR. He is fast, but not quick. You need quickness and mobility to play CB.

Watts on the other hand, might make a decent CB.

Comment

that is a good example

however, T.O. has been known to have an attitude that he doesn't want to bend over for what the coach wants and he will just do whatever he wants
                            i don't think he would be motivated to make the switch, could he play the posistion? possibly, unfortunatly we may never know
                            We definitely will never know. I just was throwing it out there. It'd be nice to have a 6'3-6'5 corner sometime, because usually smaller corners can get outreached by these monster WR's that are out there...

Comment

6-3 cb , wasn't Lenny Walls that tall

Comment

Working...
                              X