Pryce a no-show in B-more...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All right you guys,

Is voluntary mini-camp really voluntary though? I mean...they say voluntary, but is it? (joke)

Anyways, I didn't like Pryce as a Bronco either. Not saying he wasn't effective (he was for a nice stretch), but he really began to get on my nerves during the last few years in Denver. He was clearly in decline (before and after his back injury), yet he refused to help the team squeeze under the cap...numerous times. I think he made some sort of arrangement just before camp last year, but I'm not sure. But, the fact is, he had one of the largest cap numbers on the team and he was not putting out. Add on his "whatever" 'tude and obvious lack of desire, and he just wasn't my cup of tea. His clear decline in performance made it a very easy cut IMO. I believe he accounted for nearly 10 mil in cap space...so cya later Trevor!

Anyways, I could go on and on and on. I'm going to continue to bash Pryce, and it may become mtnman-esque...just to prepare y'all.

All right...more to come.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
      All right you guys,

Is voluntary mini-camp really voluntary though? I mean...they say voluntary, but is it? (joke)

Anyways, I didn't like Pryce as a Bronco either. Not saying he wasn't effective (he was for a nice stretch), but he really began to get on my nerves during the last few years in Denver. He was clearly in decline (before and after his back injury), yet he refused to help the team squeeze under the cap...numerous times. I think he made some sort of arrangement just before camp last year, but I'm not sure. But, the fact is, he had one of the largest cap numbers on the team and he was not putting out. Add on his "whatever" 'tude and obvious lack of desire, and he just wasn't my cup of tea. His clear decline in performance made it a very easy cut IMO. I believe he accounted for nearly 10 mil in cap space...so cya later Trevor!

Anyways, I could go on and on and on. I'm going to continue to bash Pryce, and it may become mtnman-esque...just to prepare y'all.

All right...more to come.
      Well, the voluntary camps say voluntary, but I think the Broncos make it mandatory or something? The only no-shows the past couple years have been hold outs of any sort. Lelie didn't show up this year but everyone else did I think.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
      2. Taxes
      3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

My argument here isn't whether he should be there. He should, it would be good for him.

However that being said, he has been a producer for the Denver Broncos for 9 long seasons.

He deserves better than remarks like turd bag, A hole, and lame0.

If he did something as a Denver Bronco that was a major distraction, then maybe you could say things like that. But for the most part Trever has been a class act for Denver.

Show him some respect.

Comment

Originally posted by NuggetFan
          My argument here isn't whether he should be there. He should, it would be good for him.

However that being said, he has been a producer for the Denver Broncos for 9 long seasons.

He deserves better than remarks like turd bag, A hole, and lame0.

If he did something as a Denver Bronco that was a major distraction, then maybe you could say things like that. But for the most part Trever has been a class act for Denver.

Show him some respect.

i agree. good post.

wab, you are bent out of shape over pryce missing a volantary workout--for another team--that a bunch of other veterans also missed? i think you knocked your noggin going over your handlebars.

sure it makes sense for him to get all the practise he can, but he's also a bit long in the tooth. how do you know that he isn't finishing up a re-hab program for his neck and back?

he had some good years here. breathe in the good air, exhale the bad.
          "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16
            Well, the voluntary camps say voluntary, but I think the Broncos make it mandatory or something? The only no-shows the past couple years have been hold outs of any sort. Lelie didn't show up this year but everyone else did I think.
            Not to make a big deal out of it, but that's not quite correct S16. Sharpe never attended the voluntary camps. Neither did Clinton Portis. Just a few examples.

I just don't see the reason for hitting on Pryce for not attending a voluntary camp with another team. He was a good man here. I would bet that if he felt he needed to be there, he would be.

JMHO.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
              i agree. good post.

wab, you are bent out of shape over pryce missing a volantary workout--for another team--that a bunch of other veterans also missed? i think you knocked your noggin going over your handlebars.

sure it makes sense for him to get all the practise he can, but he's also a bit long in the tooth. how do you know that he isn't finishing up a re-hab program for his neck and back?

he had some good years here. breathe in the good air, exhale the bad.
              No, I totally understand that that's a possibility. As a matter of fact, I really don't care about what Pryce does in B-more. This thread started out as more or less of a joke...

But, I stand by my opinions. I thought Pryce was an ass in Denver as well...always have. I respect what he did early in his Denver career, but my loyalty began to wear thin in the years leading up to and after his injury. He gave me a very poor impression as both a person and a player. Though, I'm sure if I had the oppurtunity to meet him in person he'd be nice as heck.

Comment

No, I totally understand that that's a possibility. As a matter of fact, I really don't care about what Pryce does in B-more. This thread started out as more or less of a joke...

But, I stand by my opinions. I thought Pryce was an ass in Denver as well...always have. I respect what he did early in his Denver career, but my loyalty began to wear thin in the years leading up to and after his injury. He gave me a very poor impression as both a person and a player. Though, I'm sure if I had the oppurtunity to meet him in person he'd be nice as heck.

i'm sure you would be too. he's a pretty big boy.
                "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
                  i'm sure you would be too. he's a pretty big boy.
                  Ahhh, I could totally get away from that slow-mo...no worries.

(haha)

Comment

Hardly...

Week 3 was his only consistent performance of the year. He should've done that every week.
                    For the money he was making it should have been this type of performance all year.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                      For the money he was making it should have been this type of performance all year.

Comment

Ahhh, I could totally get away from that slow-mo...no worries.

(haha)
                        Really? He's listed as running a 4.89. Not bad for a big man. So, if you run a 4.90 or higher, you'd better watch for a 280+ pound lineman to be running you down.
                        "You can't take the sky from me..."
                        ------
                        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                          Really? He's listed as running a 4.89. Not bad for a big man. So, if you run a 4.90 or higher, you'd better watch for a 280+ pound lineman to be running you down.
                          4.45 speed...4.45

Comment

Working...
                          X