Favre sees 'most talented' Packers team of his tenure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straz1999
    This guy is going to experience nothing but pain all year long. He will realize by week 4 that he made a huge mistake. This team has nothing. No line, no receivers, no experience worth a crap on D. There is a reason that they were the worst team in the worst division last year. Its because they just suck. They would have been better off letting Rodgers get his feet wet this year. And Brett Favre doesnt look like he could even run to the end of his driveway without losing his breath. He looks like he's in terrible shape.

I agree with you...this team has zero depth no star power. The list could go on and on. Wasnt this the same team that got destroyed at home by the Saints last year. I bet Packer fans were seriously sick watching that game. I dont really respect Farve right now...I mean he plays games about retiring...talks trash on his WRs and blames all his bad decisions on his surroundings. I think the org made a huge mistake by not letting Rodgres got his licks this year so they have something to build on for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fins4Life
      I agree with you...this team has zero depth no star power. The list could go on and on. Wasnt this the same team that got destroyed at home by the Saints last year. I bet Packer fans were seriously sick watching that game. I dont really respect Farve right now...I mean he plays games about retiring...talks trash on his WRs and blames all his bad decisions on his surroundings. I think the org made a huge mistake by not letting Rodgres got his licks this year so they have something to build on for next year.
      um, no 52-3 they won
      sigpic

Comment

I think Favre needs to lay off the drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
          um, no 52-3 they won

Did they???? I thought it was the other way around. My bad

Comment

um, no 52-3 they won

Still doesnt hide the fact that it was one of their FOUR wins while playing in the XFL North.

sigpic

Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

Comment

haha and a day later....

Anyone watching a couple days of Green Bay practices will tell you that quarterback Brett Favre hasn’t looked very sharp. One local reporter said he’s been completing about 53 percent of his throws in 7-on-7 drills and in team drills. He went one stretch on Wednesday where he completed only one of five passes, including one batted down at the line of scrimmage.

“Brett and the offense really isn’t in rhythm right now,” said first-year head coach Mike McCarthy. “We’re installing plays into our offense while the defense has been playing a lot of man coverage. What I mean is that we’re not running plays to beat what the defense is throwing at us and so they’ve looked better a lot of times. But it’s way too early to be jumping to any conclusions about Brett and the offense.”

The Packers have been holding Ahman Green out of drills and expect to keep it that way for another week or so. GM Ted Thompson said he hopes that Green can see some live action in the third preseason game, Aug. 28, in Cincinnati against the Bengals.

Meanwhile, Samkon Gado and Noah Herron are receiving the bulk of the work in camp. Gado even got drilled by No. 1 pick A.J. Hawk near the sidelines and took a few seconds to gather himself.

A very young team, Green Bay appears to have had an excellent draft when you consider that two rookies, Daryn Colledge and Jason Spitz, are projected to be the starters at left and right guard, respectively. I realize it is early but second-round pick Greg Jennings from Western Michigan looks as good as any returning veteran at wide receiver. He may end up being the best receiver in this year’s draft.

On the downside, special teams could be looking for a kicker. Billy Cundiff hasn’t impressed anyone and there’s a very good chance that Jon Ryan from Regina, Canada could beat out former third-round pick B.J. Sander for the punting job.
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Straz1999
                Still doesnt hide the fact that it was one of their FOUR wins while playing in the XFL North.
                LMAO.

They have as much talent as the NY Knicks.................we all know what record they ended up last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco-Holic
                  LMAO.

They have as much talent as the NY Knicks.................we all know what record they ended up last year.
                  as much talent as the Ny Rangers 1998-2004, The highest paid team to NEVER make the playoffs
                  NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

idk, i still think they will win the north and make the conference, my opinion tho..
                    sigpic

Comment

idk, i still think they will win the north and make the conference, my opinion tho..
                      With the turnover by other teams at the QB position, in addition to new HCs, I think it could happen too.
                      sigpic

Comment

Just remember anything can happen in the NFL. Remember no one thought the Dolphins would have a 6 game turnaround and only lose their division by one game to the defending world champions.

The Packers have SOME talent, but it definetly isn't near the best they have ever had. Jennings is a good WR to work with along with Driver and they still have a decent TE with Bubba Franks. Green, Davenport and Gado are all pretty good RBs. They have a couple of nice players, but not enough to win the division. I also believe that they won't be near 2-14. I think a record of 5-11 or 6-10 sounds about right. As long as they play as a team, they will win at least 5 games.
                        Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

The Packers will be hoping to reach for a Wild Card spot. I think the Bears D will keep the team dominant in the NFC North. After that, it's a crapshoot between Green Bay and the Vikings with the Lions right back into the toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGFortheTD
                            The Packers will be hoping to reach for a Wild Card spot. I think the Bears D will keep the team dominant in the NFC North. After that, it's a crapshoot between Green Bay and the Vikings with the Lions right back into the toilet.

The Vikings IMO are by far the best team in that dismal division The Packers are way behind the Vikings...especially on defense!

Comment

Originally posted by Fins4Life
                              The Vikings IMO are by far the best team in that dismal division The Packers are way behind the Vikings...especially on defense!

I disagee with you. I say Chicago just has to show up to win the Bad division. Minny in 2nd, contending for a WC. Det in 3rd and GB with that patetic defense in last. Sorry Brett
                              NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                                I disagee with you. I say Chicago just has to show up to win the Bad division. Minny in 2nd, contending for a WC. Det in 3rd and GB with that patetic defense in last. Sorry Brett
                                So, are you saying that a team that is likely to have Brian Griese as their starting QB is going to win their division?

Watch out!! Here come the "you're crazy" accusations.... LOL!!

By the way, I agree with you....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X