X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MN-Broncofreak
    replied
    Originally posted by The|Snake#16
    It's not a stretch for the Packers to win the division, or even make the playoffs. Look at their freaking schedule, it's cake.

Chicago Bears - It can go either way, let's say L.
    New Orleans Saints - The saints still aren't that good, W.
    @ Detroit Lions - W.
    Mon., Oct. 2 @ Philadelphia Eagles - L.
    Sun., Oct. 8 St. Louis Rams - W.
    Sun., Oct. 15 Open Date
    Sun., Oct. 22 @ Miami Dolphins L.
    Sun., Oct. 29 Arizona Cardinals - L
    Sun., Nov. 5 @ Buffalo Bills - W
    Sun., Nov. 12 @ Minnesota Vikings - W
    Sun., Nov. 19 New England Patriots - L
    Mon., Nov. 27 @ Seattle Seahawks - L
    Sun., Dec. 3 New York Jets - W
    Sun., Dec. 10 @ San Francisco 49ers - W
    Sun., Dec. 17 Detroit Lions - W
    Thurs., Dec. 21 Minnesota Vikings - W
    Sun., Dec. 31 @ Chicago Bears - L

Maybe move some of these around, but it's not hard to see them going 9-7. The Bears, Vikings, and Lions all have similarly average schedules. However the Packers are the ONLY team in this division that i'd say has a talented QB.

The Bears have Griese and Grossman, both of which suck at the game of football.

The Vikings have Brad Johnson, yes the washup from Tampa.

The Lions COULD have something, Kitna is a solid Veteran, and McCown should've started in AZ for the past 2 years, he has potential.

Overall I think the Packers have proven playmakers on their team on both sides of the ball. Don't tell me Donald Driver sucks, because he doesn't and he will have another 1,000+ yard season.

It's just not a huge stretch to see the Packers makes some noise, if they can stay healthy and gel just a little, they have an easy division to walk all over.
    Well, to say the Packers might win the division is a stretch. The Lions have been building potential, and I think it will be a wash between them and the Vikings, with the Bears close behind. I doubt the Bears are able to repeat the season they had, especially with Griese. However, the Vikes actually are looking pretty good. Even with Brad Johnson...what was their record last year once he took over for Daunte? In the future, that Jackson kid they drafted is going to be pretty good.

We'll see how the West Coast offense treats them (they're D is solid), but I see MN going 9-7, with Detroit and Chicago around .500 and GB probably somewhere lingering close by.

That's not just because I am secondly a MN fan after the Broncos...I think that objectively BJ gives them a chance to run that offense correctly, and they're receivers from what I hear are looking pretty good. I think Williamson will pay dividends for them.

I think Favre is great, but he is probably in denial right now.

Leave a comment:

• edog24
    replied
    Originally posted by The|Snake#16
    It's not a stretch for the Packers to win the division, or even make the playoffs. Look at their freaking schedule, it's cake.

@ Detroit Lions - W.
    Sun., Oct. 15 Open Date

Maybe move some of these around, but it's not hard to see them going 9-7. The Bears, Vikings, and Lions all have similarly average schedules. However the Packers are the ONLY team in this division that i'd say has a talented QB.

The Lions COULD have something, Kitna is a solid Veteran, and McCown should've started in AZ for the past 2 years, he has potential.

Overall I think the Packers have proven playmakers on their team on both sides of the ball. Don't tell me Donald Driver sucks, because he doesn't and he will have another 1,000+ yard season.

It's just not a huge stretch to see the Packers makes some noise, if they can stay healthy and gel just a little, they have an easy division to walk all over.
    I don't see them sweeping the vikings or the lions, or anyone for that matter. Their D is insanely bad, which result in more deficits and Favre having to come from behind and we all know what that means...

Leave a comment:

• Nomad Broncofan
    replied
    Last night against the Chargers, they showed Farve they were the best. Farve should pack it up and go enjoy the rest of his life with family and friends. He still has whip in his arm but I don't see this team going anywhere. Could be wrong come regular season, but last night was not a good team.!

Leave a comment:

• The|Snake#16
    replied

@ Detroit Lions - W.
    Sun., Oct. 15 Open Date

Leave a comment:

• Broncodomas
    replied
    he is smoking sum good s***,dang I want some,lol

Leave a comment:

• Fins4Life
    replied
    Originally posted by Medford Bronco
    I disagee with you. I say Chicago just has to show up to win the Bad division. Minny in 2nd, contending for a WC. Det in 3rd and GB with that patetic defense in last. Sorry Brett

I think maybe you are right. I think my logic was leaving the bears out

Leave a comment:

• broncos_mtnman
    replied
    Originally posted by Medford Bronco
    I disagee with you. I say Chicago just has to show up to win the Bad division. Minny in 2nd, contending for a WC. Det in 3rd and GB with that patetic defense in last. Sorry Brett
    So, are you saying that a team that is likely to have Brian Griese as their starting QB is going to win their division?

Watch out!! Here come the "you're crazy" accusations.... LOL!!

By the way, I agree with you....

Leave a comment:

• Medford Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Fins4Life
    The Vikings IMO are by far the best team in that dismal division The Packers are way behind the Vikings...especially on defense!

Leave a comment:

• Fins4Life
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyGFortheTD
    The Packers will be hoping to reach for a Wild Card spot. I think the Bears D will keep the team dominant in the NFC North. After that, it's a crapshoot between Green Bay and the Vikings with the Lions right back into the toilet.

The Vikings IMO are by far the best team in that dismal division The Packers are way behind the Vikings...especially on defense!

Leave a comment:

• TonyGFortheTD
    replied
    The Packers will be hoping to reach for a Wild Card spot. I think the Bears D will keep the team dominant in the NFC North. After that, it's a crapshoot between Green Bay and the Vikings with the Lions right back into the toilet.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBuckeye
    replied
    Just remember anything can happen in the NFL. Remember no one thought the Dolphins would have a 6 game turnaround and only lose their division by one game to the defending world champions.

The Packers have SOME talent, but it definetly isn't near the best they have ever had. Jennings is a good WR to work with along with Driver and they still have a decent TE with Bubba Franks. Green, Davenport and Gado are all pretty good RBs. They have a couple of nice players, but not enough to win the division. I also believe that they won't be near 2-14. I think a record of 5-11 or 6-10 sounds about right. As long as they play as a team, they will win at least 5 games.

Leave a comment:

• broncos_mtnman
    replied
    Originally posted by DawgFanatic
    idk, i still think they will win the north and make the conference, my opinion tho..
    With the turnover by other teams at the QB position, in addition to new HCs, I think it could happen too.

Leave a comment:

• DawgFanatic
    replied
    idk, i still think they will win the north and make the conference, my opinion tho..

Leave a comment:

• Medford Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco-Holic
    LMAO.

They have as much talent as the NY Knicks.................we all know what record they ended up last year.
    as much talent as the Ny Rangers 1998-2004, The highest paid team to NEVER make the playoffs

Leave a comment:

• Bronco-Holic
    replied
    Originally posted by Straz1999
    Still doesnt hide the fact that it was one of their FOUR wins while playing in the XFL North.
    LMAO.

They have as much talent as the NY Knicks.................we all know what record they ended up last year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X