X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs trade for New Orleans RB Michael Bennett

Chiefs | Team acquires M. Bennett
    Tue, 1 Aug 2006 20:59:52 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Kansas City Chiefs have acquired RB Michael Bennett from the New Orleans Saints for what is believed to be a future draft choice. Paperwork must still be filed with the NFL office and the deal is contingent on Bennett passing a Chiefs' physical exam. Passing the exam is not expected to be an issue because Bennett is already practicing with the Saints.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Nice pickup. Unfortunately.

He will be a good backup.

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
      Nice pickup. Unfortunately.

He will be a good backup.
      This could be a sign that Priest Holmes is done.
      "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
        This could be a sign that Priest Holmes is done.
        That's what I was thinking, too.

That's sad. Even though he was a Chief, I still liked Priest. And it's always sad to see injury end a fine career.
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Hopefully this signals the end of Quentin Griffin in KC. The runningback depth chart should look like this:

Larry Johnson
          Michael Bennett
          Derrick Ross

Comment

Ross has been looking good in camp, but I think he makes it on the practice squad this year.

Chances are it'll be LJ, Bennett and Q-Tip.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGFortheTD
              Ross has been looking good in camp, but I think he makes it on the practice squad this year.

Chances are it'll be LJ, Bennett and Q-Tip.
              Not a good idea. We thought Samkon Gado would make it on the practice squad last year and look what happened. If we had kept Gado we might not have needed to trade for Michael Bennett in the first place. I think Derrick Ross could be a good NFL runningback and if I were the Chiefs I wouldn't risk losing him.

Comment

Not a good idea. We thought Samkon Gado would make it on the practice squad last year and look what happened. If we had kept Gado we might not have needed to trade for Michael Bennett in the first place. I think Derrick Ross could be a good NFL runningback and if I were the Chiefs I wouldn't risk losing him.
                He did make it onto the practice squad and was eventually released.

Gado was unable to make the Chiefs active roster in part due to an injury suffered during training camp, and was eventually waived from the practice squad after the first month of the season.
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samkon_Gado

Derrick Ross will be on the practice squad this year.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2536868

Yes,I agree that Holmes is done,they wouldnt trade a pick if he was comming back..
                  sigpic

Comment

Hopefully this signals the end of Quentin Griffin in KC. The runningback depth chart should look like this:

Larry Johnson
                    Michael Bennett
                    Derrick Ross
                    Thats what the chart would like like to me. I really thought Ross was going to step up and be #2 guy now with Bennett. It should have a good tandum with LJ and w/his speed for a change of pace

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGFortheTD
                      He did make it onto the practice squad and was eventually released.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samkon_Gado

Derrick Ross will be on the practice squad this year.
                      I guess we will just have to wait and see. I think Derrick Ross is already better than both Griffin and Brown.

Comment

bennett is good as long as he doesnt handle the bulk of the work load. If he does then he gets injured one way or another. Bennett is fast and has decent moves...that is if he is in pads on the field
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation
                          bennett is good as long as he doesnt handle the bulk of the work load. If he does then he gets injured one way or another. Bennett is fast and has decent moves...that is if he is in pads on the field
                          And that will be the situation he is in this year.

Comment

Bad news for the Broncos... Now the Chiefs have a good speed/3rd down threat-- Bennett can flat out fly, now they've got their own lightning & thunder..

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                              Bad news for the Broncos... Now the Chiefs have a good speed/3rd down threat-- Bennett can flat out fly, now they've got their own lightning & thunder..
                              And Larry Johnson is pretty damn fast himself. Last year in preseason Larry Johnson ran off a 95 yard touchdown run against Seattle. Cornerback Marcus Trufant was about 10 yards behind him and could not gain a step on him the whole way.

Comment

Working...
                              X