Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kirwan's theory on Willie Roaf

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kirwan's theory on Willie Roaf

    Pat Kirwan of NFL.com has an interesting spin on the retirement of Willie Roaf... read on:

    Roaf retires? Maybe not
    Willie Roaf is the starting left tackle for the Chiefs. He announced his retirement the other day and I believe he wants to come back, just not yet.

    Roaf retires to avoid camp in Wisconsin, avoid a $14,000 a day fine and lower the risk of injury by not getting into situations like what LeCharles Bentley did at practice last week. A few weeks from now when the team is back in Kansas City, he could easily return to a Chiefs uniform -- maybe.

    He could stay away, but why didn't the Chiefs sign Adam Meadows to a contract before he inked a three-year deal with Denver? Is Herm Edwards treating Roaf the same way he treated Ty Law last year in New York when Law skipped camp and showed up in time to pick off 10 passes? Why did Roaf tell Will Shields that the new offensive line coach is an excellent coach, especially to long-time veterans. Shields decided to play again thanks to Roaf and now he wonders when Roaf will return. It's only a hunch, but I think it's Aug. 9.

    Talk about playing the system!
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

  • #2
    Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
    Pat Kirwan of NFL.com has an interesting spin on the retirement of Willie Roaf... read on:

    Roaf retires? Maybe not
    Willie Roaf is the starting left tackle for the Chiefs. He announced his retirement the other day and I believe he wants to come back, just not yet.

    Roaf retires to avoid camp in Wisconsin, avoid a $14,000 a day fine and lower the risk of injury by not getting into situations like what LeCharles Bentley did at practice last week. A few weeks from now when the team is back in Kansas City, he could easily return to a Chiefs uniform -- maybe.

    He could stay away, but why didn't the Chiefs sign Adam Meadows to a contract before he inked a three-year deal with Denver? Is Herm Edwards treating Roaf the same way he treated Ty Law last year in New York when Law skipped camp and showed up in time to pick off 10 passes? Why did Roaf tell Will Shields that the new offensive line coach is an excellent coach, especially to long-time veterans. Shields decided to play again thanks to Roaf and now he wonders when Roaf will return. It's only a hunch, but I think it's Aug. 9.

    Talk about playing the system!

    I to think he will be back in uniform for the regular season. I mean how much time does a player like this need to get ready. You have to assume because of his all pro status that he doesnt need much time to gel and get the timing down with the other linemen. If this is what hes doing I think he is smart.

    Comment


    • #3
      This is the word on the Chiefs site as well about Big Willie....

      not the official site....one of the other ones...
      Tony G


      The Chefs

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by KCLadyFan
        This is the word on the Chiefs site as well about Big Willie....

        not the official site....one of the other ones...

        Even if its not the case LJ averaged 150 yards per game when he was out, however that doesnt mean that your QB wont miss him in pass protection. Its much easier to run block then pass protect.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thats where I think it would hurt the chefs the worst is in pass protection. Roaf and Shields made a great tandem together and I just wonder how this will play out. If this is the case, will this become contageous for other veteran linemen?



          sigpic


          Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Fins4Life
            Even if its not the case LJ averaged 150 yards per game when he was out, however that doesnt mean that your QB wont miss him in pass protection. Its much easier to run block then pass protect.
            Well heres hoping that Big Willie finds his way back home to Arrowhead...
            Tony G


            The Chefs

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by KCLadyFan
              Well heres hoping that Big Willie finds his way back home to Arrowhead...

              Well Im just hoping he misses the Miami game

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Fins4Life
                Well Im just hoping he misses the Miami game
                man we gotta play in Miami again this season....when was the last time you all played in Kansas City? I can't remember....
                Tony G


                The Chefs

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KCLadyFan
                  man we gotta play in Miami again this season....when was the last time you all played in Kansas City? I can't remember....

                  To be honest I think it was in 03 I know Fiedler was the QB at the time No wonder we lost.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by KCLadyFan
                    man we gotta play in Miami again this season....when was the last time you all played in Kansas City? I can't remember....

                    2002 was the last time KCL look here

                    Kind of like when the Pats play Denver, most games are in Denver the last one in NE was 2002. (I know I was there ) and they play in NE this season. (I am going as well *smile* (I did this because I know I have too many images bla bla bla, in my post )
                    NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                      2002 was the last time KCL look here

                      Kind of like when the Pats play Denver, most games are in Denver the last one in NE was 2002. (I know I was there ) and they play in NE this season. (I am going as well *smile* (I did this because I know I have too many images bla bla bla, in my post )

                      Why are you highliting that my Fins gave up 48 points







                      Just Kidding Buddy!!! Im starting to be in a better mood as Football gets closer.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
                        Pat Kirwan of NFL.com has an interesting spin on the retirement of Willie Roaf... read on:

                        Roaf retires? Maybe not
                        Willie Roaf is the starting left tackle for the Chiefs. He announced his retirement the other day and I believe he wants to come back, just not yet.

                        Roaf retires to avoid camp in Wisconsin, avoid a $14,000 a day fine and lower the risk of injury by not getting into situations like what LeCharles Bentley did at practice last week. A few weeks from now when the team is back in Kansas City, he could easily return to a Chiefs uniform -- maybe.

                        He could stay away, but why didn't the Chiefs sign Adam Meadows to a contract before he inked a three-year deal with Denver? Is Herm Edwards treating Roaf the same way he treated Ty Law last year in New York when Law skipped camp and showed up in time to pick off 10 passes? Why did Roaf tell Will Shields that the new offensive line coach is an excellent coach, especially to long-time veterans. Shields decided to play again thanks to Roaf and now he wonders when Roaf will return. It's only a hunch, but I think it's Aug. 9.

                        Talk about playing the system!
                        This does not make me happy................now I'm depressed, thanks alot...............I had Roaf dead and burried. And already started the trash talking of the losses of TWO key offensive linemen....................dammit. .................I bet it's true though, sounds pretty damn logical.
                        ...............................................

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Fins4Life
                          Why are you highliting that my Fins gave up 48 points







                          Just Kidding Buddy!!! Im starting to be in a better mood as Football gets closer.
                          Fins you know who I want to win the East. I really hope your team beats the crap out of NE, just to get rid of PRY and his drivel he posts.

                          At least you, Silver_black, boltsownyou, WES and even Gridiron Champ at least are not disgustly biased in their teams.

                          IN PRYs eyes the Pats are 16-0 every year and have won all 40 Super Bowls He is the worst kind of troll here. You cant even joke a bit with him. He has some counteragrguement like Bruschi wrist is fine.
                          Chad Brown and Monty Beisel are good LBs etc.

                          What is funny is that I honestly did not even look at the score. I just looked for Miami and it is no embarassmemt to lost in KC. just ask Denver
                          NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                            Fins you know who I want to win the East. I really hope your team beats the crap out of NE, just to get rid of PRY and his drivel he posts.

                            At least you, Silver_black, boltsownyou, WES and even Gridiron Champ at least are not disgustly biased in their teams.

                            IN PRYs eyes the Pats are 16-0 every year and have won all 40 Super Bowls He is the worst kind of troll here. You cant even joke a bit with him. He has some counteragrguement like Bruschi wrist is fine.
                            Chad Brown and Monty Beisel are good LBs etc.

                            What is funny is that I honestly did not even look at the score. I just looked for Miami and it is no embarassmemt to lost in KC. just ask Denver

                            Its always an embarassment to give up 48 points...I dont care what stadium your in. I remember that game. We couldnt stop anything....it was terrible...me cursing the TV out for 3 hours.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Fins4Life
                              Its always an embarassment to give up 48 points...I dont care what stadium your in. I remember that game. We couldnt stop anything....it was terrible...me cursing the TV out for 3 hours.
                              Trust me I feel your pain. I think in 2004 we lost 45-17 there as well.

                              But with your team this year, I do not think anyone will score 48 on you. I really feel that you and the Pats will fight it out to the end. I hope you guys win. It will be a close call.

                              Same with us, KC and SD. Our division is tough. I expect both teams to seriously contend this year for division or at least Wild Cards.
                              NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X