The reason Leinart wont sign with the Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The reason Leinart wont sign with the Cards

Matt Leinart holding out until Pac-10 teams are placed on the Arizona Cardinals’ schedule

Arizona Cardinals draft pick Matt Leinart remains the only first-round draft pick without a contract today, as emerging details from the negotiations suggest that it’s not money that is the stumbling block, but the former USC star’s insistence that Pac-10 teams fill the bulk of Arizona’s schedule.
    “Matt has no desire to play against NFL defenses,” said Tom Condon, Leinart’s agent, “as they actual are defenses and can cover people, and tackle and intercept passes. None of that plays to Matt’s strengths, which is getting the ball to talented teammates who can then make plays against overmatched opponents. And if we see that’s not going to happen here, then we’ll sit out the whole season if we have to.”
    As much as the Cardinals want to get their top draft pick into camp, the team says Leinart’s insistence of playing against the likes of Cal, Oregon and UCLA in the NFL is not a contract demand they can meet.
    “God knows we’d love to play all those lousy teams, too,” said Cardinals head coach Dennis Green. “That would give us a better chance of finally making the playoffs. But this is the NFL, so you have to play NFL teams. And while I know getting exposed as a mediocre quarterback scares Matt, he needs to step up and face his fears like a man.”

Quick: I haven't had my ass whipped in a while. Probably been since like...1911?
    Sugar Ray: Yeah, thats when you were born and the doctor slapped you on the ass.
    Quick: Yes, thats the last ass whipping I recall. And I'm looking for him.

Originally posted by thesaint
    Matt Leinart holding out until Pac-10 teams are placed on the Arizona Cardinals’ schedule

Arizona Cardinals draft pick Matt Leinart remains the only first-round draft pick without a contract today, as emerging details from the negotiations suggest that it’s not money that is the stumbling block, but the former USC star’s insistence that Pac-10 teams fill the bulk of Arizona’s schedule.
    “Matt has no desire to play against NFL defenses,” said Tom Condon, Leinart’s agent, “as they actual are defenses and can cover people, and tackle and intercept passes. None of that plays to Matt’s strengths, which is getting the ball to talented teammates who can then make plays against overmatched opponents. And if we see that’s not going to happen here, then we’ll sit out the whole season if we have to.”
    As much as the Cardinals want to get their top draft pick into camp, the team says Leinart’s insistence of playing against the likes of Cal, Oregon and UCLA in the NFL is not a contract demand they can meet.
    “God knows we’d love to play all those lousy teams, too,” said Cardinals head coach Dennis Green. “That would give us a better chance of finally making the playoffs. But this is the NFL, so you have to play NFL teams. And while I know getting exposed as a mediocre quarterback scares Matt, he needs to step up and face his fears like a man.”
    For a second, I thought this was serious!

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint

Dude, that is pretty damn funny...but it may be a little to smackish for this area.

Comment

You know, it is pretty screwy that he hasn't signed yet. I mean, the job would pretty much be his and you'd think his ego already had enough damage from dropping the the draft as far as he did. He should be in there playing to get things rolling for himself.
        Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Leinart is only hurting himself not being in Camp. I feel he has a chance to really special but he cant even show us in the preseasn by holding out. Pretty
          NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

1 - I think this is absolutely a crack-up! Very clever and a cp headed your way!

2 - Before the Leinert bashing gets out of hand, let's remember the team he is dealing with. They are notorious for being the cheapest team in the NFL. Someone with some time (not me) and some internet search savvy (definitely not me) should go back and see how many times in the last 20 years they've gotten their first-round pick into camp on time. My guess is it's less than 25% of the time.

Comment

I have a friend who's coworker's girlfriend went out in a club in Chicago Leinart and was flirting with her friends (this was pre-draft). Guess he tried to grope one of them. They even sent a couple of pictures of them with him over the net. Pretty weird stuff, even though it was just hearsay...but they did send the pic of them with him.
              Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Working...
              X