Titans Tackle Arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titans Tackle Arrested

Yet another incident of domestic violence!

Starks arrested, misses exhibition game

NFL.com wire reports

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Aug. 13, 2006) -- Tennessee defensive tackle Randy Starks missed the Titans' exhibition opener after turning himself in following a charge that he assaulted his fiancee.

Starks had been slated to start against New Orleans, but Titans coach Jeff Fisher said after the 19-16 loss that he had dismissed the two-year veteran from the game.

"I told Randy there was no place for him here as far as being a part of the team tonight. What follows is a legal issue. Anything is between him and the club. I just felt it was best he did not participate with his teammates," Fisher said.

Don Aaron, a spokesman for Metro Nashville Police, didn't immediately answer messages left by The Associated Press.

WTVF-TV in Nashville reported that Starks turned himself into police about 90 minutes before kickoff after being charged with beating his 25-year-old fiancee at their home earlier in the day. The station cited a police report that said the woman lost some fingernails in the scuffle and had her head banged against a wall.

Starks was released after posting a $2,000 bond. He turns 23 in December and is the youngest of the returning Titans. He has played in 32 games, including 24 starts.

Link
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

it looks like he had more important thing than football tonigh. domestic violence is a common occurance in everyday life so the fact that you hear it involving an nfl player doesnt surprise me, pretty bad how out of hand its gotten these days though
    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
    X