Should Favre have come back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Favre have come back?

I know it is only the first week of preseason games but I'm already thinking Favre made a mistake in his decision to come back.

His decision-making is questionable at best and his offensive line looks porous. I think this will be a long season for him... assuming he survives the entire season with all the sacks he'll be taking.

I'm sure he wanted a storybook ending to his career like Elway had but I don't believe he'll come anywhere close.

What do you think? Should Favre have retired? Even more than that, should the Packers give serious consideration to benching him in favor of Aaron Rodgers?
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Originally posted by Javalon
    I know it is only the first week of preseason games but I'm already thinking Favre made a mistake in his decision to come back.

His decision-making is questionable at best and his offensive line looks porous. I think this will be a long season for him... assuming he survives the entire season with all the sacks he'll be taking.

I'm sure he wanted a storybook ending to his career like Elway had but I don't believe he'll come anywhere close.

What do you think? Should Favre have retired? Even more than that, should the Packers give serious consideration to benching him in favor of Aaron Rodgers?
    Well, I think his only way to have an ending like Elway would be to have the NFL roll over for him.

The least he could say is that he's helping Aaron Rodgers prep.
    Go Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon

He wont go out like Elway, but maybe if they can at least post a winning record he could go out better then he would if he left after last year, those guys really sucked last year, green bay installed the run zone blocking system this year and if they can get settled into it and Green stays healthy they could possible pull out an 8-8 record but thats a stretch. even playing 8 at home.
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

The Packers will never and I mean NEVER bench Farve as long as he is playing

Comment

Its weird, cause the last couple of years...it doesn't even look like he has that much fun playing anymore...ever since all of the hardships that beleagured his family.

I don't know if he is still playing because he didn't want to go out with an awful season in which he threw 20+ ints....OR

He really believes that the Packers have a good team ....OR

He just doesn't know what else to do/boredom....OR

He might be padding his stats, playing for the record books...he is closing in on Marino on a couple of stats and also on Elway for career wins...

Personally...I think Elway's record is much safer than Marino's at this point.

Comment

Favre shouldn't have come back.
            The Pack will inevitably stink this year.
            The only thing he is doing is prepping Rodgers.

Comment

he needed to come back...

aaron rodgers...

who is the QB of the future was not ready to take over...

so...

he needed to come back for the sake of giving the packers at least a chance to perform when he retires...

sigpic

Comment

That all depends on who you ask.

For the packer organization and the need to move on to the future, he shouldn't have come back. Aaron Rodgers was ready to take the reigns, but the QB position isn't the biggest issue on the team. The offensive and defensive lines are the main issue.

Once Mike Wahle and Marco Rivera left last year, the packers offensive line went to shambles, their guards were a key component. Mike Flanagan, Mark Tauscher and Chad Clifton are pretty good, but they couldn't do it all on their own. Now you add injuries, loosing 1,000 + yard rusher Ahman Green takes away the running threat, (Samkon Gado wasn't amazingly good), loosing Javon Walker takes away the number 1 receiving threat while two more get lost to injuries in Bubba Franks and Robert Ferguson. That left him with.. what? Donald Driver and a 4th and 5th stringer. The defense was horrendous outside of: Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, Nick Barnett and Al Harris. Cletidus Hunt was out for injury on the D-line as well. Then there was loosing Pro-Bowl safety Darren Sharper to the Vikings. That was not good at all.

With such a quick loss of talent, the Packers were bound to fail that year.

Now loosing Mike Flanagan does not help, but getting a running threat and atleast a half-expierienced receiver in Ferguson back will help. Bubba Franks and Greg Jennings (from the draft) should provide targets for Farve. They have to stay healthy though.

The division is looking tougher for the Packers, and with the NFC South and NFC East being tough, they'll need to beat the Bears, because there won't be a wild card in the NFC North.

Farve just doesn't want to crash and burn, like a 4-12 record. He wants to atleast salvage a winning season and go out positively. Not necessarily on top, but atleast on a positive note.
                sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

I say no,because the Packers I thought were in rebuilding mode don't really care thoe,because I'm a Broncos FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

After 4 weeks of the regular season, Favre will wish that he retired.

Comment

Working...
                    X