Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More players talking about going out on top.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolhand727
    replied
    Yeah and like we were talking about the other day, Curtis Martin is right in the middle of it right now.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    I think Jerry Rice hung on for a couple years longer than he should of. I think Shanny told him last year that he should retire so he doesn't have to cut the "Greatest Receiver of All Time".

Unitas should have retired before he came a Charger. He looked kinda weird wearing the Bolt instead of Colt.

Leave a comment:

• Coolhand727
    started a topic More players talking about going out on top.

More players talking about going out on top.

From an interview I watched with Tiki Barber from training camp, it is just a small example of how more and more players are looking at not hanging on too long to their careers. In the interview he mentioned a few names of people that have hung on to compile more stats to be able to get into the HOF. John Elway did a perfect job of going out on top to end a great career. MVP of the SuperBowl after a big first win the year before was amazing. Marsahll Faulk was one name mentioned. Tiki said, "He was done two years ago." . Can anyone add to that list? One that stands out to me is Emmet Smith.
    Last edited by Coolhand727; 08-13-2006, 04:00 AM. Reason: Needed better title.
Working...
X