No announcement yet.

Chargers could be our toughest opponent this year in the AFC west

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just as a Broncos fan would say losing to Lions is not a big deal because it is only preseason, the Chargers beating the Packers is not a big deal because it is preseason. Alex Smith looked great too and lit up a good Chicago secondary. Former Chiefs QB looked great in preseason in 2004 and lit up opposing defenses. Todd Collins obviously is not that good but some players do good in preseason. I still think KC and Denver are the two best teams in the division.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
      Just as a Broncos fan would say losing to Lions is not a big deal because it is only preseason, the Chargers beating the Packers is not a big deal because it is preseason. Alex Smith looked great too and lit up a good Chicago secondary. Former Chiefs QB looked great in preseason in 2004 and lit up opposing defenses. Todd Collins obviously is not that good but some players do good in preseason. I still think KC and Denver are the two best teams in the division.
      I don't know. It is only preseason, so it is hard to tell. But the Bolts only real question this year was Rivers. If he is as solid as he looked against the Packers then it could be a three team race. Add in SDs easy schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBrOnCoS16
        Well for the Chargers sake, I would hope Rivers is doing well. If he were to be subpar or average you would have to wonder about their coaching staff. He's been there for 3 years now so he should be able to pick up where Brees left. What i'm not concerned about is the rest of their Offense. Other than LT and Gates, what do they have on offense? Nothing special is what I see. AFC West Champs 2 years in a row for us!!
        Did you see the second year WR Vincent Jackson play last night? The guy is monsterous. He's 6'5 and built like TO. He was tossing aside the Greenbay corners and safeties like they were children. He will be a big part of our passing game this year. Especially since Philip Rivers already developed chemistry with him last year when they practiced together on the second team offense.

Comment

I thought that was funny, he said "other than LT and Gates, what do they have on offense?"

Denver has no one even in LT or Gates class. Mike Bell, Tatum Bell, Ron Dayne? Stephen Alexander? I'll give you guys credit though, you do get it done with a bunch of no names.

Comment

Originally posted by DanFouts
            Denver has no one even in LT or Gates class. Mike Bell, Tatum Bell, Ron Dayne? Stephen Alexander? I'll give you guys credit though, you do get it done with a bunch of no names.

You don't need great individual players when you have a coach that knows how to implement a system that works.

Comment

Originally posted by LightningBolt
              Did you see the second year WR Vincent Jackson play last night? The guy is monsterous. He's 6'5 and built like TO. He was tossing aside the Greenbay corners and safeties like they were children. He will be a big part of our passing game this year. Especially since Philip Rivers already developed chemistry with him last year when they practiced together on the second team offense.
              yea well when Jackson has numbers like T.O. then call me so I can think about starting to worry about him, O.K.? Great thanx buh bye

Comment

cuple things. one, THE CHIEFS? larry johnson, trent green surtain, and law? second, he did good against the packers. bottom 5 in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos74310
                  cuple things. one, THE CHIEFS? larry johnson, trent green surtain, and law? second, he did good against the packers. bottom 5 in the league.
                  I think the Chiefs are better than the Chargers but we will see. The Chiefs did not play well overall in our first preseason game but we did have alot of guys that didn't play and we played a very, very vanilla gameplan. Tamba Hali will have more success against the bootleg than stupid Eric Hicks. Also, I did like what I saw out of our cover 2. We gave up too many plays underneath but I think that can be fixed. However, the Chiefs were making plays on the ball and got there hands on the ball several times. The only thing that killed us was the short slant which is one way to beat a cover 2. I think film study and more practice can fix that. However, we will see how everything turns out. KC, Denver, and San Diego all have the talent to win the division. This will be a good season.
                  "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by LightningBolt
                    Even though I'm a diehard Bronco fan...I hope Vince has a great career (as long as he struggles against us)...I went to high school and played football and basketball with him. I even threw my first high school td pass to him when I was a sophomore and he was a senior. He really is a great talent and a great person. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns into an all-pro receiver

I owe Jaws a CP..

Comment

Originally posted by GoBrOnCoS16
                      Well for the Chargers sake, I would hope Rivers is doing well. If he were to be subpar or average you would have to wonder about their coaching staff. He's been there for 3 years now so he should be able to pick up where Brees left. What i'm not concerned about is the rest of their Offense. Other than LT and Gates, what do they have on offense? Nothing special is what I see. AFC West Champs 2 years in a row for us!!
                      LT and Gates make it easier for the rest of the offense. Watch out for Mcardell, too. I think the Chargers will be the top challengers along with KC this year...

Comment

Working...
                      X