Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone notice something "Funny" about the Texans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone notice something "Funny" about the Texans?

Did anybody catch the Texans game?

They looked alot better. And the funny thing is, the offense looked an awful lot like Denver.

They even ran a bootleg one play!! I know alot of teams run a bootleg, but this one almost looked like it was Jake who took the snap!!

Kubes, WHAT ARE YOU UP TO? Get you own plays!!

Carr must really be happy, I think this is the first time in his career he wasn't running for his life on every play.

Good luck Kubes, DAMMIT!!

The Texans looked good but Mario Williams looked horrible, should have drafted Mr. Bush

Comment

I agree--Williams got dominated. When a D-lineman is drafted that high he is supposed to have an IMMEDIATE impact,it is not like QB where one has to learn a lot of plays, etc. DE's simply have to line up and beat their man. He was OWNED by Kyle Turley last night. That Texans O-line blew the "thiefs" right off the line of scrimmage last night--If Denver stays injury free throughout the preseason on the o-line, we are going to beat them like we did last year in week 2. Great job Kubes.........

Comment

I agree, should have picked up Bush.

But it's only one pre-season game, so we'll just wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by 4th Amigo
          Did anybody catch the Texans game?

They looked alot better. And the funny thing is, the offense looked an awful lot like Denver.

They even ran a bootleg one play!! I know alot of teams run a bootleg, but this one almost looked like it was Jake who took the snap!!

Kubes, WHAT ARE YOU UP TO? Get you own plays!!

Carr must really be happy, I think this is the first time in his career he wasn't running for his life on every play.

Good luck Kubes, DAMMIT!!
          One bootleg? They ran 3 in one drive alone! They bootleged all night long, and the Chorfs couldnt stop it once. Sage Rosenfels had a rushing TD, for christ's sake.

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 4th Amigo
            I agree, should have picked up Bush.

But it's only one pre-season game, so we'll just wait and see.
            maybe gary kubiak thinks he can plug any running back back there, who knows, he knows everything about denver, i woudln't doubt it, that it won't work, plus domanick davis is a very good back if he can stay healthy..
            sigpic

Comment

How'd Lenny Walls and Quentin Griffin play in that game?

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
              - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by jvw
                The Texans looked good but Mario Williams looked horrible, should have drafted Mr. Bush
                Can you IMAGINE what Bush could have done in the Denver running system???????

What a mistake!

Comment

I am biased of course (USC alum) but I have a feeling Mario Williams may go down in history as the Sam Bowie of the NFL!

That being said, I am also biased toward the Texans because of Kub so I really hope I am wrong and Mario turns out to be a monster and Kub turns that team around quickly. In fact I hope they become good enough to lose 4 or 5 straight AFC Title Games

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede
                    Can you IMAGINE what Bush could have done in the Denver running system???????

What a mistake!
                    Actually, the Denver running system would've seriously hurt Reggie Bush's playing style. The Denver system uses one-cut backs, and the day Bush becomes a one-cut back is the day pigs are flying through the frozen wasteland known as hell.
                    RIP Darrent Williams

Comment

Originally posted by The_Roses_Thorn
                      Actually, the Denver running system would've seriously hurt Reggie Bush's playing style. The Denver system uses one-cut backs, and the day Bush becomes a one-cut back is the day pigs are flying through the frozen wasteland known as hell.

Exactly.

However, even though Bush may be overkill for "The Denver System", it was still a mistake to pass on him (IMO).

The great thing about Bush is that there's many other ways he could be used.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans offense was identical to Denvers. Proven running game, they have a decent QB, a couple of really good WR's, and it looked lilke someone got a hold of the offensive line for once. They looked like someone actually coached them how to block.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosRPH
                          I agree--Williams got dominated. When a D-lineman is drafted that high he is supposed to have an IMMEDIATE impact,it is not like QB where one has to learn a lot of plays, etc. DE's simply have to line up and beat their man. He was OWNED by Kyle Turley last night. That Texans O-line blew the "thiefs" right off the line of scrimmage last night--If Denver stays injury free throughout the preseason on the o-line, we are going to beat them like we did last year in week 2. Great job Kubes.........
                          The Texans starting O-line didn't blow our starting defensive line off the ball. Plus, Tamba Hali is our starting left defensive end and he didn't even play in the game.

I guess I could say this:

Did you see Kevin Jones run over the Denver defense? If KC stays injury free Larry Johnson is going to have 200+ yards each game.

It's the freaking preseason. Denver didn't look so hot themselves. I expect both KC and Denver to be better than there first preseason showing would suggest.
                          "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
                            How'd Lenny Walls and Quentin Griffin play in that game?
                            Surprise, surprise!!! Walls didn't play.

Griffin didn't do much but he did have one good run. He already had a gain for about 6 or 7 yards. A Houston defender slammed into him for what I thought for sure would be a tackle. Instead, Griffin kept his balance and ran to the right for another 5 or 6 yards.
                            "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Roses_Thorn

I respectfully disagree- I think a runner as special Bush can run in ANY style and more importantly, he can create his own holes. Also he is a very good WR.

Comment

Working...
                              X