Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone notice something "Funny" about the Texans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tommy1986
    I respectfully disagree- I think a runner as special Bush can run in ANY style and more importantly, he can create his own holes. Also he is a very good WR.
    I'm not saying the Texans wouldn't have benifitted, I'm saying they wouldn't have gotten anywhere near his full potential. Heck, they wouldn't have gotten half of his potential out with the Denver system, and thus a good DE to help their pathetic defense/pass rush was the better choice.

They already picked up Moulds to go along with Andre Johnson for passing threats, Davis is an ideal back for the Denver system when he gets healthy, they used the first 2 picks in the 3rd round drafting O-linemen to prepare there, and aside from that O-line their weakest area was their defense which was horrible.

Does Reggie Bush have more talent/potential than Mario Williams? Yes. Would he have helped the Texans as much as Williams? No.
    RIP Darrent Williams

Comment

Originally posted by The_Roses_Thorn
      I'm not saying the Texans wouldn't have benifitted, I'm saying they wouldn't have gotten anywhere near his full potential. Heck, they wouldn't have gotten half of his potential out with the Denver system, and thus a good DE to help their pathetic defense/pass rush was the better choice.

They already picked up Moulds to go along with Andre Johnson for passing threats, Davis is an ideal back for the Denver system when he gets healthy, they used the first 2 picks in the 3rd round drafting O-linemen to prepare there, and aside from that O-line their weakest area was their defense which was horrible.

Does Reggie Bush have more talent/potential than Mario Williams? Yes. Would he have helped the Texans as much as Williams? No.

Denver's scheme is any RB's dream, and just because Reggie Bush does a lot of dancing does not mean he can't learn to "one-cut and go". Also you can't just measure Reggie Bush's impact in a football sense, you have to remember that he would have brought an air of excitement around that franchise like no other. Mario Williams will not pack seats and sell jerseys like Reggie Bush can and will.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1986
        Denver's scheme is any RB's dream, and just because Reggie Bush does a lot of dancing does not mean he can't learn to "one-cut and go". Also you can't just measure Reggie Bush's impact in a football sense, you have to remember that he would have brought an air of excitement around that franchise like no other. Mario Williams will not pack seats and sell jerseys like Reggie Bush can and will.
        Swapping Reggie Bush from dancing to one cut and go removes his amazing agility from his skill-set. The only positive Reggie Bush has as a pick for the Texans over Mario Williams is the jersey and ticket sales.
        RIP Darrent Williams

Comment

in all honesty i think the texans did right. While bush would have added a threat i think davis in kubes theme will be awesome. Hell he had 1k seasons multiple years before now with a horrible line. They needed defense and got a good end, one preseason game doesnt entail what a player can do
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by The_Roses_Thorn
            Swapping Reggie Bush from dancing to one cut and go removes his amazing agility from his skill-set. The only positive Reggie Bush has as a pick for the Texans over Mario Williams is the jersey and ticket sales.
            Reggie Bush's explosiveness off the break is rivaled by few. His style of running is drawn out of necessity. He had to dance a lot because of missed assignments in the USC blocking schemes. In Denver he wouldn't have that trouble and would literally explode out of the blocks. His juking would have to come into play in the secondary and IMHO he would break the rushing TD mark in Denver's system in his first year. I'm glad I wasn't the GM having to make that decision though.

Comment

Originally posted by Coolhand727
              Reggie Bush's explosiveness off the break is rivaled by few. His style of running is drawn out of necessity. He had to dance a lot because of missed assignments in the USC blocking schemes. In Denver he wouldn't have that trouble and would literally explode out of the blocks. His juking would have to come into play in the secondary and IMHO he would break the rushing TD mark in Denver's system in his first year. I'm glad I wasn't the GM having to make that decision though.
              sorry but i find it hard to believe that you can blame a whole line on him dancing like he does. Especially a line that has that much talent consistantly. You didnt see white dancing like that and he did fine
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation
                sorry but i find it hard to believe that you can blame a whole line on him dancing like he does. Especially a line that has that much talent consistantly. You didnt see white dancing like that and he did fine
                No I wasn't blaming th o-line but I was thinking of the many times Bush is hurdling a player submarining him because someone missed an assignment or the defenses were throwing the kitchen sink at him to try to stop them. But you have to admit that at the college level, even with top recruits there is a huge learning curve, especially with a free-lance runner such as Bush.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
                  If KC stays injury free Larry Johnson is going to have 200+ yards each game.
                  200+ yards per game? Meaning at least 3,200 yards for the season? Did you attend the Raider Fan School of Impossible Expectations and not tell us?

Comment

Preseason means nothing, Ryan Leaf had a fantastic preseason. Look at what happend to him.

Julious Peppers also was getting destroyed during the preseason and offseason/training camp workouts as a rookie. Look at him now. Just have to wait and see.

My gut feeling tells me he will be solid, Bush will be solid as well. But I dont see him lasting long even though hes Juicing up.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

Comment

If their offensive line has improved, look for Dominac Davis to have a huge year. David Carr will be happy as well. Good luck to them.
                      NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
                        200+ yards per game? Meaning at least 3,200 yards for the season? Did you attend the Raider Fan School of Impossible Expectations and not tell us?
                        LMAO. KC fans and Raider Fans seem to have more and more in common every year. Greatness.
                        Originally posted by Soldier96B
                        i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                          If their offensive line has improved, look for Dominac Davis to have a huge year. David Carr will be happy as well. Good luck to them.
                          Davis will first have to get over his injury.
                          RIP Darrent Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X