Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone notice something "Funny" about the Texans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheerful
    replied
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans offense was identical to Denvers. Proven running game, they have a decent QB, a couple of really good WR's, and it looked lilke someone got a hold of the offensive line for once. They looked like someone actually coached them how to block.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Roses_Thorn
    Actually, the Denver running system would've seriously hurt Reggie Bush's playing style. The Denver system uses one-cut backs, and the day Bush becomes a one-cut back is the day pigs are flying through the frozen wasteland known as hell.

Exactly.

However, even though Bush may be overkill for "The Denver System", it was still a mistake to pass on him (IMO).

The great thing about Bush is that there's many other ways he could be used.

Leave a comment:

• The_Roses_Thorn
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoStampede
    Can you IMAGINE what Bush could have done in the Denver running system???????

What a mistake!
    Actually, the Denver running system would've seriously hurt Reggie Bush's playing style. The Denver system uses one-cut backs, and the day Bush becomes a one-cut back is the day pigs are flying through the frozen wasteland known as hell.

Leave a comment:

• Calif. Bronco
    replied
    I am biased of course (USC alum) but I have a feeling Mario Williams may go down in history as the Sam Bowie of the NFL!

That being said, I am also biased toward the Texans because of Kub so I really hope I am wrong and Mario turns out to be a monster and Kub turns that team around quickly. In fact I hope they become good enough to lose 4 or 5 straight AFC Title Games

Leave a comment:

• BroncoStampede
    replied
    Originally posted by jvw
    The Texans looked good but Mario Williams looked horrible, should have drafted Mr. Bush
    Can you IMAGINE what Bush could have done in the Denver running system???????

What a mistake!

Leave a comment:

• NameUsedBefore
    replied
    How'd Lenny Walls and Quentin Griffin play in that game?

Leave a comment:

• DawgFanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by 4th Amigo
    I agree, should have picked up Bush.

But it's only one pre-season game, so we'll just wait and see.
    maybe gary kubiak thinks he can plug any running back back there, who knows, he knows everything about denver, i woudln't doubt it, that it won't work, plus domanick davis is a very good back if he can stay healthy..

Leave a comment:

• Inkana7
    replied
    Originally posted by 4th Amigo
    Did anybody catch the Texans game?

They looked alot better. And the funny thing is, the offense looked an awful lot like Denver.

They even ran a bootleg one play!! I know alot of teams run a bootleg, but this one almost looked like it was Jake who took the snap!!

Kubes, WHAT ARE YOU UP TO? Get you own plays!!

Carr must really be happy, I think this is the first time in his career he wasn't running for his life on every play.

Good luck Kubes, DAMMIT!!
    One bootleg? They ran 3 in one drive alone! They bootleged all night long, and the Chorfs couldnt stop it once. Sage Rosenfels had a rushing TD, for christ's sake.

Leave a comment:

• 4th Amigo
    replied
    I agree, should have picked up Bush.

But it's only one pre-season game, so we'll just wait and see.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosRPH
    replied
    I agree--Williams got dominated. When a D-lineman is drafted that high he is supposed to have an IMMEDIATE impact,it is not like QB where one has to learn a lot of plays, etc. DE's simply have to line up and beat their man. He was OWNED by Kyle Turley last night. That Texans O-line blew the "thiefs" right off the line of scrimmage last night--If Denver stays injury free throughout the preseason on the o-line, we are going to beat them like we did last year in week 2. Great job Kubes.........

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    The Texans looked good but Mario Williams looked horrible, should have drafted Mr. Bush

Leave a comment:

• Anyone notice something "Funny" about the Texans?

Did anybody catch the Texans game?

They looked alot better. And the funny thing is, the offense looked an awful lot like Denver.

They even ran a bootleg one play!! I know alot of teams run a bootleg, but this one almost looked like it was Jake who took the snap!!

Kubes, WHAT ARE YOU UP TO? Get you own plays!!

Carr must really be happy, I think this is the first time in his career he wasn't running for his life on every play.

Good luck Kubes, DAMMIT!!
Working...
X