Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    sure it will : )
    Just like your defense will be any good with that pathetic defensive line of Denver's. : )
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
      Maybe you should put it this way instead. I wouldn't look at his entire seasons stats. I would look at what he did in those 9 games and spread them out over an entire season:

In his 9 starts he averaged:

150.1 yards per game
      29 carries per game
      5.18 yards per carry

Spread that out over an entire season and that equals:
      2401.6 yards
      464 carries

Yes that is a heavy workload but Larry Johnson has not been pounded alot in his career as he did not play alot in college until his senior season and he did not play much in KC until 2005. I doubt he reaches 2400 yards but 2000 seems easily attainable for him.

I wouldn't factor in the loss of our tackles too much. First of all, John Welbourn was never supposed to start at right tackle last year. Kevin Sampson was supposed to be the starter but he got injured in preseason and had an asthma attack in the bye week. Those two events effectively ended his season. Also, the loss of Roaf really doesn't affect Larry Johnson too much. Larry Johnson't production was about the same with or without Roaf in the game last year. Kyle Turley did very well in Houston on Saturday and will help out alot more than Jordan Black did last year. Our tackle situation is not near as bad as everybody thinks.
      So what you're saying is that the first seven games don't count? That would be ignorant to say the least. Reality check for you Kmart, you make all the hypothetical projects you want unless he actually played those seven games you have no idea what he would have done.

Well Raiderjoe, whoops I mean Kmart if you really think your tackle situation is not a concern then I was right when I said you don't much about your team.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

how did larry johnson do against the broncos without roaf

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
          Larry Johnson ran over the Chargers #1 rush defense for 131 yards and a 4.1 average. Larry Johnson ran over the Broncos #2 rush defense for 140 yards and a 4.7 average. He will not have any problems with doing that again this year.

I have him on Fantasy Football so I hope he does well except against Denver
          NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
            So what you're saying is that the first seven games don't count? That would be ignorant to say the least. Reality check for you Kmart, you make all the hypothetical projects you want unless he actually played those seven games you have no idea what he would have done.

Well Raiderjoe, whoops I mean Kmart if you really think your tackle situation is not a concern then I was right when I said you don't much about your team.
            Damn, some of you Donkey fans are idiots. I don't know much about my team because I don't think our tackle situation is a concern? No, you don't know much about the Chiefs because if you did you would know our tackle are just fine. Kyle Turley is going to do great in pass protection but will suffer somewhat in run blocking. We can live with that. Kevin Sampson is going to be a good right tackle and would have been the starter last year if he had not been injured.

No, the first seven games don't count because Larry Johnson didn't start those games. Considering he will be starting all 16 games this season barring injury, what matters is the 9 games he started in.
            "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16
              how did larry johnson do against the broncos without roaf
              The whole team didn't do too well that game. Again, he didn't start that game so that shouldn't be a good indicator of how he would do this season.

Comment

Kmart-
                Some quick points.

LJ is a great back, not going to deny you that... but living in KC, it seems like everyone here assumes he's a 2k back. I know, I know... IF he had started last year... etc, etc.

Look- he had as good of a 9-game run then I can remember in recent memory... I'm sure he'll be a top 5 back this year... but there's a reason only 5 backs have ran for 2k... there are lots of obstacles.

Also... Even with his great run... guess who led the AFC in rushing (team)... in fact, only once in the last 4 years is KC ahead of Denver. Without Roaf, it's going to suffer.

AFC Rank-
                Den KC
                2005 1 2

2004 3 4

2003 2 6

2002 3 2
                sigpicWe da Champs... you da Chumps.
                Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII and 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                X