What is leinarts beef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is leinarts beef?

They know the saleries of the 9th and 11th pick. Why is he holding out this long. I guess I don't understand his position on this. Is he bitter being picked at 10th?

Originally posted by VADER72
    They know the saleries of the 9th and 11th pick. Why is he holding out this long. I guess I don't understand his position on this. Is he bitter being picked at 10th?
    i guess he wants ' a franchise qb money' sorta like jay cutler.
    sigpic

Comment

Someones already posted this. But It made the most sense. Had he gone into the draft last year when he was given the chance, he would have gone #1 and gotten #1 pick money. Now he's gone lower, but he still wants #1 pick like money. Which he wont get.
      I think he needs to just accept it and get on with his career and show he's worth the higher paycheck.
      "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
      Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Yeah he really screwed himself by staying. Usually I applaud people for staying in school, but it wasnt like he needed a serious class or anything. I think he stuck around because Pete told him he would be the greatest college quarterback ever, and he bought it. It only costs him about $10 million to find out he wasn't.

sigpic

Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

Comment

Is anyone really surprised - this is the Cardinals after all? They have been the absolute cheapest organization in the NFL for years. I'd wager a decent amount of money that less than 25% of their first-round draft picks in the last 25 years have came to camp on time.

It's possible that Leinert is asking for too much money, but it seems to me it is equally possible, knowing their history, that the Cardinals figure he isn't going to play this year anyway so they are trying to low-ball him.

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
            Is anyone really surprised - this is the Cardinals after all? They have been the absolute cheapest organization in the NFL for years. I'd wager a decent amount of money that less than 25% of their first-round draft picks in the last 25 years have came to camp on time.

It's possible that Leinert is asking for too much money, but it seems to me it is equally possible, knowing their history, that the Cardinals figure he isn't going to play this year anyway so they are trying to low-ball him.

So your saying that the Cardinals think that Kurt Warner is going to start and finish all 16 games this year Your right they might not need him week 1, but by week 7 something will be wrong with Warner.

Comment

Originally posted by Fins4Life
              So your saying that the Cardinals think that Kurt Warner is going to start and finish all 16 games this year Your right they might not need him week 1, but by week 7 something will be wrong with Warner.
              I'm not really saying that's the case, I'm just saying that, knowing the Cardinals inept history, it is possible. No one really knows for sure what's going on but the Cardinals have shown an amazing ability to screw things up going all the way back to their Chicago days.

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
                I'm not really saying that's the case, I'm just saying that, knowing the Cardinals inept history, it is possible. No one really knows for sure what's going on but the Cardinals have shown an amazing ability to screw things up going all the way back to their Chicago days.

I agreed with you on the Cards being cheap, I just didnt agree with the fact that they dont think they need him this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fins4Life
                  I agreed with you on the Cards being cheap, I just didnt agree with the fact that they dont think they need him this year.
                  They've sold out every home game already in their new stadium so, using the Bidwells type of "reasoning", they may not think they do need him

Comment

I just don't get why he wouldn't want to be out there yet. I mean, he's got some good tools to work with for WRs there...a lot better than VY has. He should be happy where he's at and I can't believe he's held out this long.
                    Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Leinart's beef is more than likely that the 11th and 12th pick both got signing bonuses more than or equal to the Cardinals last offer (9 mil guaranteed)

I don't like people pissing over money, but in the slot/scale system the NFL has for rookies, he should not get less money than those guys.

Jay Cutler - $11 million guaranteed

Haloti Ngata - $11.9 million guaranteed

Kamerion Wimbley - $9.3 million guaranteed

Brodrick Bunkley - approx. $10 million guaranteed
                      Last edited by Jared; 08-14-2006, 01:40 PM.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                      You should check these guys out

Comment

Leinart and co. are way out of line here.

Cardinals | Green lashes out at Leinart
                        Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:23:18 -0700

During his press conference Monday, Aug. 14, Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green revealed his frustrations over QB Matt Leinart still not under contract and at camp. "When you put $14 million on the table for the 10th pick in the draft, that is a lot more than anyone you've ever heard of for the 10th pick in the draft," Green said. "I think we have been more than generous." Green proceeded to cut the press conference short and left the podium.
                        14 mil? For the 10th pick? Ridiculous.

Glad we didn't pick his sorry Hollywood-ass. PUNK.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco

I agree! I had no idea they offered him that much money. He is a punk. I hope when he finally hits the field he sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco

Well, hell, if it is 14 mil, the yes, my info was wrong and that does make him a punk.

I had read 9 million, which would give some minor, if legit, beef.

But 14 million?

Keep dreaming Matty boy. No one else will offer nest time that if you sit all year. Trust me.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                            You should check these guys out

Comment

Before we all jump (again) in the Bash Matt Bandwagon, let's remember two things: 1 - This figure was put out there by the head coach so who knows how accurate it is 2 - We don't know the specifics. Maybe most of it's not guaranteed or has impossible performance clauses or something.

Again, none of us are in the negotiating room so we don't really know. All we have to go on is history and the history for this particular franchise as it relates to signing first-rounders (and $$$ in general) is abominable!

Comment

Working...
                              X