No announcement yet.

What is leinarts beef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it's not a matter of "what", but "where".

What is he thinking??? Actually, I don't want to know and now I don't care.

I'm just glad - like so many others here - that he's not in a Broncos uniform (as if )
    Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
      Leinart and co. are way out of line here.

14 mil? For the 10th pick? Ridiculous.

Glad we didn't pick his sorry Hollywood-ass. PUNK.
      Thanks for the info. Doesn't surprise me much
      Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Check this out:
        http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...cardinals.html

Comment

Article on the situation

What a tool....

Originally posted by MN-Broncofreak
          Doug Haller
          The Arizona Republic
          Aug. 14, 2006

For most of training camp, Cardinals coach Dennis Green stayed clear of Matt Leinart’s contract negotiations. He wanted the team’s prized first-round pick to get a strong deal.

That changed today.

After an intense morning practice, Green fumed about Leinart’s absence, saying the Cardinals offered a contract that includes $14 million guaranteed last Monday.

“I’ve said something real simple,’’ Green said. “For Larry Fitzgerald and the third pick, for Antrel Rolle and the eighth pick, we’ve made some outstanding offers in the past. The offer we got on the table right now, it’s an outstanding contract. … When you put $14 million on the table for the 10th pick of the draft, that is a lot more than anybody you’ve ever heard of as the 10th pick.”

Green said the contract’s total value is similar to the contracts received by those taken with the first five picks.

“I look forward to going to New England (on Saturday,)’’ he said. “ I look forward to Kurt Warner going on the field and looking across at Tom Brady, who was not the 10th pick of the draft. … It will be a shame if Matt Leinart is still sitting there as the only (drafted) player who is not in the National Football League.”

Comment

One more article on the situation where Green states that it is guaranteed and that the total value is top 5 money. I doubt he'd come out and do that publicly without some actual validity to it.

Not gonna look good for good ol Matt
            azcentral.com
            Aug.14, 2006

Day 11
            Green addresses Leinart's absence
            Coach Dennis Green expressed frustration today about Matt Leinart's absence. He laid out some details of the ongoing contract negotiation.

He suggested there should be results, saying,, "when you put $14 million dollars on the table for the tenth pick in the Draft. That is a lot more than you've ever heard of at the tenth pick in the Draft."

He addressed rumors that the Cardinals organization was not willing to guarantee a high enough amount, saying, "It's a $14 million dollars guarantee, so all this stuff about 'the Cardinals won't guarantee' (is not accurate)."

He continued to emphasize Leinart's placement in the Draft and gave hints on the total of the contract, saying it, "is in the top five. (Leinart is) getting top five (in Draft placement) money at the tenth pick. I think we've been more than generous."

He talked about the reps taken by big players Kurt Warner and Edgerrin James in preseason in preparation for the regular season.

"Matt Leinart has missed all that," Green said.

In response to the how the team played on Saturday, Green said, "There are a lot of improvements we've got to make."

He also addressed Karlos Dansby's toe. He had no additional information, but expressed disappointment.

"You want guys under contract to be able to help," Green said of players like Dansby and Kenny King.

Chike Okeafor did not participate in practice this morning. Green said his knee injury "is nothing serious." Okeafor is expected to practice tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
              Leinart and co. are way out of line here.

14 mil? For the 10th pick? Ridiculous.

Glad we didn't pick his sorry Hollywood-ass. PUNK.
              Whoa Whoa buddy. C'mon buddy, I've had the opportunity to get to know Matt and he's a good guy. This was purely a business move. I think he did a smart thing by getting a quality rookie contract. With that said, he got a great deal and his mini holdout did not last long. He won't even think about starting this season anyways. Very smart move by he and his agent hardballing for a good contract. They got the deal up from 9 million to 14 million.

Comment

He won't be much than a Kerry Collins type player. has talent, but it will never be what he had at USC. He will drown in the NFL as Heath Schuler type QB.

Comment

He's too hollywood,if you ask me

Comment

Originally posted by VADER72
                    He won't be much than a Kerry Collins type player. has talent, but it will never be what he had at USC. He will drown in the NFL as Heath Schuler type QB.
                    Maybe, but in my years of coaching, he does have the best field vision I have ever seen out a college quarterback. Countless times have I seen him go through 4 progressions, then hit Reggie on the wheel route putting spin on a spiral that would tail over his outside shoulder. It was a beautiful thing to see.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel80111
                      Maybe, but in my years of coaching, he does have the best field vision I have ever seen out a college quarterback. Countless times have I seen him go through 4 progressions, then hit Reggie on the wheel route putting spin on a spiral that would tail over his outside shoulder. It was a beautiful thing to see.

I'm sorry, are you an NFL coach? I'm sorry, but field vision on the type of players he was around on a college level opponent wise as is not close what he will face in the NFL. Maybe I'm too much of a noob here to know better. No offense, but twice i see you as saying you're a scout , now a coach. Not saying the kid won't be good, but is he really worth what he is being paid now? Time will tell and I know Jay did great the other Night, but not even Vince was close to production in a FIRST game and he was taken 7 spots before Matt. Think Matt is going to get beat up for a bit just due to his play.
                      Last edited by VADER72; 08-14-2006, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VADER72
                        I'm sorry, are you an NFL coach? I'm sorry, but field vision on the type of players he was around on a college level opponent wise as is not close what he will face in the NFL. Maybe I'm too much of a noob here to know better. No offense, but twice i see you as saying you're a scout , now a coach. Not saying the kid won't be good, but is he really worth what he is being paid now? Time will tell and I know Jay did great the other Night, but not even Vince was close to production in a FIRST game and he was taken 7 spots before Matt. Think Matt is going to get beat up for a bit just due to his play.
                        No, I'm not in the NFL.

In college football the scouting is done by the coaches...if that helps you out at all. There really is no point in in arguing why I believe Matt will be the best quarterback in this year's draft. It's not exactly a bold claim or declaration I am making by projecting him to have the best pro career. It's a toss up, but you make it sound like it's a sure thing that Cutler will be the best. You know what Cutler could be the best, so could Vince.

But you're basicallly giving Leinart nor Young any chance to be better than Cutler. Countless times I stated Cutler's strengths. Yet you can't admit to one of Leinart's strengths. What else did he have to do in college? Win 3 straight national titles? Whenever I say that Cutler has trouble reading the field, all I get is that he didn't have any talent and his wide receivers dropped a lot of passes. When I say that Leinart had great field vision, people such as yourself will say he was surrounded by loads of talent. While both of this is partly true, my observation(I have watched more football than any fan will ever watch) and stats say otherwise, that Matt passed with incredible efficiency. Plain and simple.

My definition of a QB projecting in the NFL is probably quite different than yours. My main priorities are leadership, pocket prescence, reading the field(throwing into single coverage), accuracy, and ability to make "NFL passes." This isn't the only thing I look at, but these are the key categories I believe will develop a winning QB. Ok, so, Cutler has an advantage in arm strength. I give them a tie in pocket prescence, you're probably saying to yourself "how could this be? Cutler is so much more mobile." While that is true, Leinart has pocket prescence like Tom Brady, the ability to slide around in the pocket when feeling pressure. Cutler has Jake like pocket prescence, the ability to escape pressure situations with his legs and throw on the run.

I respect yours and others opinions on this board that Cutler will be the best QB out of the 3. I disagree. This is a Broncos message board and I understand the homerism, but please think before you shoot down someone's legitimate opinion of why they believe something. If anything in this post seems absolutely crazy in my reasons for why Leinart will be the best, please let me know. For the record, I have NEVER shot down Cutler's physical tools. It just becomes difficult when all I hear is "Matt had this, Matt had that." Just in case some don't know, Matt made his wideouts look great, not vice versa. Mike Williams was a great wide receiver, when he left, Dwayne Jarrett (a freshman at the time) caught 13 TDs from him. This isn't one sided folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                          Leinart's beef is more than likely that the 11th and 12th pick both got signing bonuses more than or equal to the Cardinals last offer (9 mil guaranteed)

I don't like people pissing over money, but in the slot/scale system the NFL has for rookies, he should not get less money than those guys.

Jay Cutler - $11 million guaranteed

Haloti Ngata - $11.9 million guaranteed

Kamerion Wimbley - $9.3 million guaranteed

Brodrick Bunkley - approx. $10 million guaranteed

Your correct. The original offer was 9 mill guarenteed. I dont know why he held out after he was offerd 14 mill.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

Comment

Well, with him now signing, anyone wanna blast him for the ridiculous amount he has gaurenteed? I know I do.
                            I have to agree with daniel, the guys got possibly the best chance of a quick transition into the NFL, I like Cutler but the college he comes from just doesn't match USC. The Pro style offense Leinart had around him will be benificial. Now he's signed lets see him proove he's worth what they have paid him.
                            "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                            Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by daniel80111
                              No, I'm not in the NFL.

In college football the scouting is done by the coaches...if that helps you out at all. There really is no point in in arguing why I believe Matt will be the best quarterback in this year's draft. It's not exactly a bold claim or declaration I am making by projecting him to have the best pro career. It's a toss up, but you make it sound like it's a sure thing that Cutler will be the best. You know what Cutler could be the best, so could Vince.

But you're basicallly giving Leinart nor Young any chance to be better than Cutler. Countless times I stated Cutler's strengths. Yet you can't admit to one of Leinart's strengths. What else did he have to do in college? Win 3 straight national titles? Whenever I say that Cutler has trouble reading the field, all I get is that he didn't have any talent and his wide receivers dropped a lot of passes. When I say that Leinart had great field vision, people such as yourself will say he was surrounded by loads of talent. While both of this is partly true, my observation(I have watched more football than any fan will ever watch) and stats say otherwise, that Matt passed with incredible efficiency. Plain and simple.

My definition of a QB projecting in the NFL is probably quite different than yours. My main priorities are leadership, pocket prescence, reading the field(throwing into single coverage), accuracy, and ability to make "NFL passes." This isn't the only thing I look at, but these are the key categories I believe will develop a winning QB. Ok, so, Cutler has an advantage in arm strength. I give them a tie in pocket prescence, you're probably saying to yourself "how could this be? Cutler is so much more mobile." While that is true, Leinart has pocket prescence like Tom Brady, the ability to slide around in the pocket when feeling pressure. Cutler has Jake like pocket prescence, the ability to escape pressure situations with his legs and throw on the run.

I respect yours and others opinions on this board that Cutler will be the best QB out of the 3. I disagree. This is a Broncos message board and I understand the homerism, but please think before you shoot down someone's legitimate opinion of why they believe something. If anything in this post seems absolutely crazy in my reasons for why Leinart will be the best, please let me know. For the record, I have NEVER shot down Cutler's physical tools. It just becomes difficult when all I hear is "Matt had this, Matt had that." Just in case some don't know, Matt made his wideouts look great, not vice versa. Mike Williams was a great wide receiver, when he left, Dwayne Jarrett (a freshman at the time) caught 13 TDs from him. This isn't one sided folks.
                              thoughtful, but this thread was about the holdout. IMHO, he got a little greedy and I doubt he is worth the top 5 escalators that they included for playing time.

Comment

Working...
                              X