Best of the NFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best of the NFC

We had this discussion on my Carolina Panthers board and then I saw a similar one on the Falcons board. Be interesting to get some non-biased opinions (cause we know no one ever just blindly votes for their favorite team... )

The debate was over who would win the NFC south, and then it spun into who has the better defense in that division. We'll keep it simple: In your opinion, who will win the NFC South and why?

Cheers.
    Don, have you ever thought about why we play football? How many times have you gotten laid strictly because you're a football player?
    I don't know. A few, I guess.

Originally posted by RandyFloyd
    We had this discussion on my Carolina Panthers board and then I saw a similar one on the Falcons board. Be interesting to get some non-biased opinions (cause we know no one ever just blindly votes for their favorite team... )

The debate was over who would win the NFC south, and then it spun into who has the better defense in that division. We'll keep it simple: In your opinion, who will win the NFC South and why?

Cheers.
    Panthers. They are the better team on both sides of the ball.
    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

I would agree, but then again they're my team. Atlanta fans seem to think that they have really upgraded their D, which I will admit they have to an extent, but in my mind they won't win with Vick under center. Not to mention he has NO ONE to throw to save Alge Crumpler.

Bush and Brees are the future of New Orleans, but they're not there yet.

The Bucs could put up a fight, but I still think Chris Simms has some work to do.
      Likely due in part to his Laizzez Faire upbringing (at least according to Steve Young)
      Don, have you ever thought about why we play football? How many times have you gotten laid strictly because you're a football player?

Comment

Originally posted by RandyFloyd

Cheers.
        The Panthers should be the favorites, with Tampa in second.

Atlanta did not do anything on the offensive side of the ball, and while improving their defense, didn't do as drastic an improvement at their fans would like to think.

I have no idea who will actually win though. No crystal ball.

Any team is one major injury away from falling or rising in any division.

Except for Arizona. Their defense still sucks.

And the 49ers. Who are just horrible.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

Its a 2 team race between Carolina and Tampa Bay.

I'm concerned about Joey Galloway's age, but I think the offense will be better with a more seasoned Chris Simms and Carnell Williams. Thier defense proved last year that they are still among the best.

Carolina is very deep now, I love the DeAngelo Williams pick. He'll make an impact this year.

I think Vick needs to growas a passer in Atlanta and I have no reason to believe that he will, and the jury is out on Sean Peyton in New Orleans.
          You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

I like the Panthers in the NFC South but they are not my favorites to advacne to the Superbowl.

That team would be The New York Football Giants!

Comment

The Panthers.

Why? Michael Vick.
              Go Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7
                The Panthers.

Why? Michael Vick.

Comment

The Bucs

Thier defense played well last year and I wouldn't expect them to play as good or even better this year.

The offense looked really impressive with Williams and Simms didn't look bad at all in the games he's started.

Comment

Alanta, just like i say every year. IDk if Alanta woudl quit with the west coast scheme they would really have the legitimate chance of winning the NFCS.
                    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

i know this isnt on topic but an afc team will still win the superbowl. I would still take tampa's defense over vick until vick can prove otherwise
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Carolina. That team is just so well built. Atlanta and Tampa will battle with the east for a wild card spot.

Comment

Well, the Lelie trade changes things a bit, but I still agree with Gridiron:

if Alanta woudl quit with the west coast scheme they would really have the legitimate chance of winning the NFCS.
                          Michael Vick cannot seem to get a hold of the WCO. He just can't seem to pick it up for whatever reason. And until they make some offensive changes down there I honestly think that the Panthers and Bucs will duke it out with the Falcs going 8-8 or maybe 9-7.

Nas: Carolina is very deep now, I love the DeAngelo Williams pick. He'll make an impact this year.
                          I love this pick too. The fans have been getting down on him a bit for dancing behind the line and not making decisive cuts, but he's a rookie. He'll be solid once he realizes that he has to commit to a hole earlier and just go. I watched Reggie Bush do the same thing Monday night.

Comment

Atlanta just might have over-taken Carolina in terms of the best Defensive Line in all of football.

I actually really think Chris Simms is gonna step up and lead the Bucs to the division title.

That's not to say that they should be the favorites to win it...I think that title belongs to Carolina.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Working...
                            X