Lelie could be a STUD in Atlanta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lelie could be a STUD in Atlanta

Now alot of you know that I was never really a big Lelie fan when he was here.

That said..

I think Atlanta is a PERFECT fit for him.

Atlanta has the best ground game in the NFC and now they added a deep threat WR that will get more oppertunity's to catch long TD passes than he did in Denver.

Vick has a much stronger arm than Jake. I don't think underthrows will be as much of a problem here. It will look more like 2004 for Ash; maybe even better.

Atlanta's offense is somewhat similair to Denvers. They'll bootleg, rollout and throw the deep strike often to back everyone up. I don't think it will take him long to fit in.

Atlanta plays in a dome. A place I think Lelie excels. He can really turn on the afterburners here.

I think right now they kinda penciled him in as a 3rd but it wouldn't suprise me to see Lelie win a starting job sooner rather than later. He could still start before the preseason is over with.

Anyway, I know I hated on him a little much when he was here (He just didn;t fit anymore IMO) but I do hope he becomes sucessfull. And hopefully he'll take a the little things he learned from Rod and pass them along to the young bucks over there.

I think Atlanta could be rebirth for Ashley Lelie.

Originally posted by The Dark Knight

That said..

Atlanta has the best ground game in the NFC and now they added a deep threat WR that will get more oppertunity's to catch long TD passes than he did in Denver.

Vick has a much stronger arm than Jake. I don't think underthrows will be as much of a problem here. It will look more like 2004 for Ash; maybe even better.

Atlanta's offense is somewhat similair to Denvers. They'll bootleg, rollout and throw the deep strike often to back everyone up. I don't think it will take him long to fit in.

Atlanta plays in a dome. A place I think Lelie excels. He can really turn on the afterburners here.

I think right now they kinda penciled him in as a 3rd but it wouldn't suprise me to see Lelie win a starting job sooner rather than later. He could still start before the preseason is over with.

Anyway, I know I hated on him a little much when he was here (He just didn;t fit anymore IMO) but I do hope he becomes sucessfull. And hopefully he'll take a the little things he learned from Rod and pass them along to the young bucks over there.

I agree TDK...I'm just glad this holdout thing is over.

Comment

As a Panthers fan I can say I'm not pleased about giving Michael Vick a big, fast, and seasoned target in Lelie. Say what you will about Ashley, but he's a ****e sight better than most of the receivers that have been down in Atl the past couple years, and if he gets into shape he could do some damage.

On the flip side, the loss of Duckett gives us one less running threat to guard against. Now we just stuff Dunn and spy Vick. Our home opener against the Falcs should be interesting.
      Don, have you ever thought about why we play football? How many times have you gotten laid strictly because you're a football player?
      I don't know. A few, I guess.

Comment

i also share bennys thought on the subject....

but my only concern is that of his current and yet unnoficial #3 position...

yes he would be great with teh deep ball on run fakes and bootlegs....

but for that to be effective he would need to stay on the field almost every snap...

and i dont know if that will happen...

:2cents:

sigpic

Comment

That said..

Well maybe!?! the Defense in that division ain't no joke at all and he is still listed at 3rd where he belongs too and bottom line he needs to pick up some more weight also.

Comment

I think they have to put him at 1-2 and not 3. I am pretty sure any team going after him knows this and expects to put him in as a starter. It would be kinda pointless if they name him number 3 at the beginning of the season and he just holds out on them.

Comment

He will still be the #3 receiver in Atlanta.
              Dont they have 2 First round pics at WR on the team?
              Michael Jenkins and Roddy White?

Im glad we are done with him and we got some value for him.
              I disagree on him holding out for Atlanta....if he holds out again his days in the NFL are over.

Comment

Gotta disagree.
                He's still a #3 WR, and a #4 option when you also throw Alge Crumpler into the mix.

Add to that the fact that Vick hasn't exactly mastered this offense, and I really don't see how Lelie could be happier in ATL than DEN.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

The name of this title made me think of him chasing tail and rolling with Ron Mexico.

That type of stud may come to fruition.

Of course, his name is Ashley.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                  You should check these guys out

Comment

i completely disagree, and not because im "hating" on Lelie. he's heading to a team that is very unfriendly to WRs as the third option.

"Lelie likely will enter Atlanta as No. 3 guy on the depth chart behind Michael Jenkins and Roddy White in an offense that features an unconventional quarterback who typically rolls out of the pocket and looks for tight end Alge Crumpler."

Last year, Smith and Lelie combined for 127 receptions, 1,875 yards, and 7 scores. Atlanta's leading receiver was Crumpler, and the top two wideouts combined for only 86 catches, 1,119 yards, and five touchdowns." -PFT
                    sigpic

Comment

If Vick goes down and Schaub takes over, completely different story. But as it is, Lelie is going to the place were WR's careers go to die.
                      HEAR ME ROAR!
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

That said..

The problem is Atlanta has the same system in place as denver right they are a run first offense....which is that same problem he had in denver yes
                        sigpic

Comment

That's the thing though, I don't think Lelie will be #3 for long.

I think if they have everyone trying to stop Crumpler, Vick's scrambling, and the Falcon run game, Lelie will be alot more open than he ever was here in Denver.

ESPECIALLY on the deep stuff.

No, Lelie is not a chain mover but he CAN provide a quick strike ability to a team that sorely needs it.

I think adding Lelie really improves their offense.

It was the same idea we had when we had Sharpe, Rod and Portis. That why we drafted Lelie. A deep threat to open up those guys more.

Now he's in Atlanta with Crumpler, Dunn and Vick. He's deep threat WILL open them up more and in turn the damage they'll cause will open Lelie up.

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                            Don't make too much of the fact that Lelie's the #3 receiver at the moment. Michael Jenkins won't stay ahead of him for long, and I doubt Roddy White will ever. Lelie's more talented than both of those guys.

Exactly. Lelie is the third right now.

But probably not for long.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
                              If Vick goes down and Schaub takes over, completely different story. But as it is, Lelie is going to the place were WR's careers go to die.
                              LOL

Lelie will function there similarly to how he has here I think. Sounds like the Falcons play some pretty rough passing defenses this year too, so he may need to run a bit again this year..
                              Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Working...
                              X