Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dante Hall hoping this is the comeback year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theshiverman
    replied
    Originally posted by GridironChamp
    Just a little link here on a local sports radio station.

Link

I really hope he comes back to being a big playmaker again, we need it this year. :dance:
    He hasent done anything in so long , maybe he has been putting so much effort in trying to be a better wr that he has lost his focus on returning Kicks.

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by Pipes7
    I know what he was referring to......

However, with KC's pathetic wr corps...and Hall's athleticism....I think saying he can touch the ball between 5-10 times ONLY is harsh.

Everyone knows about KC's losses in the ol and fb...so running the ball MIGHT be harder this year.

If it is, then I would think that Dante's abilities should be maxxed out this year.
    No, IMO Dante Hall is the worse WR in the NFL(3rd WR or better). He doesnt run routes well, he cant catch, and he doesnt understand how to read coverages. But he does have the raw talent, but that can only take you so far.

I want him fresh, and if you make it a goal to get him the ball, you then disrupt your rythem with unneeded plays and failures. He is good with a couple touches a game, but he doenst need to be imvolved all the time like he is now.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied

However, with KC's pathetic wr corps...and Hall's athleticism....I think saying he can touch the ball between 5-10 times ONLY is harsh.

Everyone knows about KC's losses in the ol and fb...so running the ball MIGHT be harder this year.

If it is, then I would think that Dante's abilities should be maxxed out this year.

The thing is Pipes Hall has been used quite a bit in there offensive schemes and it has had effect on their return teams. He's not a very big guy and imo with as much work as the Chiefs have given him he's worn down.

The other things as a 3rd receiver he does ok, Green has a difficult time finding him when its not a play he's in open space. Atleast that is what I read sometime back.

Leave a comment:

• Lorcust
    replied

It's not like the passing game has been having many shortcomings though, since the last 3 years Trent Green has been putting up 4,000+ yard seasons.

Like I said though, it's a balance between keeping him fresh for what he does best and putting his athletic skills onto the field to help the receiving game.

Leave a comment:

• pipes
    replied
    Originally posted by Lorcust
    He's referring to keeping him reserved for kick/punt return duties so he doesn't wear Dante out too much by running routes and taking hits.

You want to keep him fresh so that he can do the most for what he is best at personally, but his athletic abilities cannot be ignored. So you throw him out there for a few plays to stretch the field and provide an extra target that Trent Green can utilize. Mainly, it's the balance between using his athletic skills and keeping him fresh for special teams, is what he is referring to.

Leave a comment:

• Lorcust
    replied
    [/COLOR]

Dude, are you serious?

If I have a guy like him...lightning quick/exciting...I want to get him the ball!!!
    He's referring to keeping him reserved for kick/punt return duties so he doesn't wear Dante out too much by running routes and taking hits.

You want to keep him fresh so that he can do the most for what he is best at personally, but his athletic abilities cannot be ignored. So you throw him out there for a few plays to stretch the field and provide an extra target that Trent Green can utilize. Mainly, it's the balance between using his athletic skills and keeping him fresh for special teams, is what he is referring to.

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Thank You!!!!

Originally posted by Elway=Goat
    That year he was returning all those TD's, was a bunch of crap. I have never seen so many blatant no calls in my life.

On that kick-off return against the Broncos one guy literally got TWO clips on ONE block. That whole Dante Hall/NFL lovefest was a disgrace. Talk about an asterisk! :brick:

Leave a comment:

• pipes
    replied
    Ya, Vermiel tried to hard to involve him in the offense. I think he should never touch the ball more than 5 times on offense, and not be in more than 10 plays, EVER.

Dude, are you serious?

If I have a guy like him...lightning quick/exciting...I want to get him the ball!!!

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    Elway=Goat and Nomad Broncofan, I hear what you're saying but it is in the record books, there is nothing we can do about it.

That being said, this what he does best. I don't think he'll ever be a great receiver and if Herm uses him to much on offense he'll wear down like has the past couple of years.
    Ya, Vermiel tried to hard to involve him in the offense. I think he should never touch the ball more than 5 times on offense, and not be in more than 10 plays, EVER.

Leave a comment:

• KCLadyFan
    replied
    GO DANTE..............

Leave a comment:

• Nomad Broncofan
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    Elway=Goat and Nomad Broncofan, I hear what you're saying but it is in the record books, there is nothing we can do about it.

That being said, this what he does best. I don't think he'll ever be a great receiver and if Herm uses him to much on offense he'll wear down like has the past couple of years.

You're right, too! I know can't blame refs for everything and poor tackling has a lot to do with it with some good blocking. Dante does have incredible balance and speed,but I think the game has caught up to his speed. So Dante is old news.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nomad Broncofan
    replied
    Originally posted by Elway=Goat
    That year he was returning all those TD's, was a bunch of crap. I have never seen so many blatant no calls in my life.

You're right! I don't know if the refs have gotten any better. Dante Hall is old news.

Leave a comment:

• Elway=Goat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DawgFanatic
    replied
    Just a little link here on a local sports radio station.

Link

I really hope he comes back to being a big playmaker again, we need it this year. :dance:
    i hope he has 5 touchdowns in week 1 vs the bengals (i hope)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X