Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
    Yea, that game is over. What's the score now? Last I saw it was 21-0
    Who are they playing now? The Browns? No bash on them, I just assume that they were brought up by you and Dawg for that reason.
    sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
    Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
      Who are they playing now? The Browns? No bash on them, I just assume that they were brought up by you and Dawg for that reason.
      they r playing the lions
      sigpic

Comment

we don't lose to the raiders.. i think they play one more game, so they will go either 4-1 or 5-0
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
          we don't lose to the raiders.. i think they play one more game, so they will go either 4-1 or 5-0
          Notice Brooks has been horrible in most outings and Robert Gallery too. Who knows? Anything can happen, but miracles rarely do happen.

Also browns guys, just watch some Broncos films and you get a healthy view on:

"How to beat the Raiders", Volumes 1, 2 and 3.
          sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

Notice Brooks has been horrible in most outings and Robert Gallery too. Who knows? Anything can happen, but miracles rarely do happen.

Also browns guys, just watch some Broncos films and you get a healthy view on:

"How to beat the Raiders", Volumes 1, 2 and 3.
            incase u forgot/or didn't kno,we beat the raiders last year at there place, i did watch that one snowy game, forgot if it was monday night or sunday night, but langston walker blocked elams' kick and the raiders won..
            sigpic

Comment

incase u forgot/or didn't kno,we beat the raiders last year at there place, i did watch that one snowy game, forgot if it was monday night or sunday night, but langston walker blocked elams' kick and the raiders won..
              That's why there isn't a volume 4.

I didn't follow who beat and who didn't beat the Raiders because it's alot easier to count who didn't beat them. We had a bad game that day, there's a surprise win and a surprise loss for each season for a lot of teams. By the way, the Raiders are one of the few teams who don't have a home field advantage.

Did even Charlie or you think that you would beat the Dolphins 22-0, but coincidentally get shut out 41-0 by the Steelers? Any given sunday, anything can happen. (Not a bash, just an example that works rather well in telling the differences between surprise win and surprise loss).
              sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

That's why there isn't a volume 4.

I didn't follow who beat and who didn't beat the Raiders because it's alot easier to count who didn't beat them. We had a bad game that day, there's a surprise win and a surprise loss for each season for a lot of teams. By the way, the Raiders are one of the few teams who don't have a home field advantage.

Did even Charlie or you think that you would beat the Dolphins 22-0, but coincidentally get shut out 41-0 by the Steelers? Any given sunday, anything can happen. (Not a bash, just an example that works rather well in telling the differences between surprise win and surprise loss).
                well, the steelers were on a roll, they were like on a pretty long winning streak all the way to the superbowl,not to use that as an excuse, however, i kno that won't happen again, i guess the team didn't show up and play that day as well as ur broncos vs raiders (and colts x2)
                sigpic

Comment

All I know is I'm bored as all hell ...

This is just preseason - but I am no Raider fan and I can't even feign watching or listening to a game without the Browns involved in some form or another.

Difference though with that Bronco-Raider game was that it wasn't a blowout like those two Browns games were. But, personally I saw that Christmas game as Pittsburgh's revenge for the Browns destroying them 51-0 on opening day in 89'.

But yes, Any Given Sunday.
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

All I know is I'm bored as all hell ...

This is just preseason - but I am no Raider fan and I can't even feign watching or listening to a game without the Browns involved in some form or another.

Difference though with that Bronco-Raider game was that it wasn't a blowout like those two Browns games were. But, personally I saw that Christmas game as Pittsburgh's revenge for the Browns destroying them 51-0 on opening day in 89'.

But yes, Any Given Sunday.
                    for some reason, i can watch any nfl game, even if its saints vs tenn, i am just a big nfl fan, but i am a bigger browns fan than anything, i really need to move to cleveland and get out of cardinal land...
                    sigpic

Comment

for some reason, i can watch any nfl game, even if its saints vs tenn, i am just a big nfl fan, but i am a bigger browns fan than anything, i really need to move to cleveland and get out of cardinal land...
                      I'm in Colorado surrounded by Bronco fans. But truthfully - I like it here. Born and raised and it is the only real home I know. Though I do plan on visiting Cleveland in the future and seeing some Browns games in person... heck maybe I'll even move there after some time.
                      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

I'm actually pretty excited for the Browns. I can't wait to see how their 3-4 D turns out, either. I really like some of the players, like Willie, Wimbley, and Andra Davis. I think Charlie Frye could turn out to be a very efficient passer, as well.

There's only one game where I'll be rooting against them (unless we meet twice, that is).
                        Go Huskers.

Comment

I'm in Colorado surrounded by Bronco fans. But truthfully - I like it here. Born and raised and it is the only real home I know. Though I do plan on visiting Cleveland in the future and seeing some Browns games in person... heck maybe I'll even move there after some time.
                          Born and raised in Colorado, and you choose to be a Browns fan, of all teams?

Those paint chips must have tasted nice when you were younger.

Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Originally posted by MN-Broncofreak
                            Born and raised in Colorado, and you choose to be a Browns fan, of all teams?

Those paint chips must have tasted nice when you were younger.

Born and raised in Baltimore, yet I support the Broncos?

Must not look as significant to you, but all the people who know me here are like "Why the **** do you support the Broncos?" I like the Broncos because of their class and winning tradition and the Ravens can downright sicken me.

Charlie likes the Browns for their steepled history and grand tradition.

The moral of the story is that it isn't so fantastic for someone out of state, surrounded by football fans of the home town, to like and respect another team.
                            sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

Born and raised in Baltimore, yet I support the Broncos?

Must not look as significant to you, but all the people who know me here are like "Why the **** do you support the Broncos?" I like the Broncos because of their class and winning tradition and the Ravens can downright sicken me.

Charlie likes the Browns for their steepled history and grand tradition.

The moral of the story is that it isn't so fantastic for someone out of state, surrounded by football fans of the home town, to like and respect another team.
                              Yeah...I understand what you are talking about. Of course, I was raised in CO and left when I was 12, and given the fan base there, I will never be a homer for any other team even though I've lived in several states.

Growing up in Denver and liking another team (especially an "underachieving" one) just seems like an incredible anomaly to me. Some people have crappy teams where they grow up, and I can understand them liking a different team a little more (we call it denial). The Broncos are not only consistently good, but also have a very inclusive and intense fan base that would be difficult to break out of.

Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Originally posted by MN-Broncofreak
                                Yeah...I understand what you are talking about. Of course, I was raised in CO and left when I was 12, and given the fan base there, I will never be a homer for any other team even though I've lived in several states.

Growing up in Denver and liking another team (especially an "underachieving" one) just seems like an incredible anomaly to me. Some people have crappy teams where they grow up, and I can understand them liking a different team a little more (we call it denial). The Broncos are not only consistently good, but also have a very inclusive and intense fan base that would be difficult to break out of.

I chose the Broncos mostly because they were childhood figures to look up to. John Elway, Terrell Davis, Steve Atwater etc were from my childhood. Then came the golden years where Rod Smith became another good person to look up to. Classy man, undrafted free agent, you know the deal.

1999 was a bad year for broncos but I remained strong and supportive of the team I swore as my favorite team. A losing season was not going to disuade me.

The climax of being pulled back into the Broncos fan base was Super Bowl XXXV, the Ravens win. Of course I was happy with our win and there were some class fellows to look up to here as well. Ray Lewis, Jamal "the rookie" Lewis, Rod Woodson, Tony Siragusa, Sam Adams, Peter Boulware, etc etc. Hell Trent Dilfer was everyone's favorite QB then. Then the Ravens pulled a dumb move. Trading the superbowl winning QB. Classless. Stupid. Things like that, things like last year's break down during Detroit (Baltimore having all those penalties and fights with the Lions) are what make me support them like the Broncos. I still like them as my home town team, but they aren't to me what the Broncos are. Now a days, we are slowly and surely crawling on back to league superiority with Plummer and soon Cutler paving the way.

Such is how I became a Broncos fan and how I don't support the Jail birds, erm, Ravens the same way.
                                sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

Working...
                                X