Wow, KC rookies looking good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, KC rookies looking good.

Anyone else see the Stl and KC game tonight?

Tamba Hali dropped back into zone coverage a couple times and looked decent doing it. He also had a sack, a couple tackles while helping stuff Steven Jackson in teh backfield numberous times. He also forced a fumble from Bulger.

Bernard Pollard had a pick, looked great in coverage, and had some great big hits. He also had the huge hit sealing the win my popping the ball out of a WRs (McDonald i think) hands with a well delivered hit. The ball then fluttered through the air into Benny Sapp's hands. Who also had a great game on ST and blitzing the QB. Another young player that looked imprssive was Derrik Johnson, he was the first to make contact and get the full tackle on Jackson in the backfield about 3 times. He also i think had a nice pass Def or 2 in the time he saw.

On offense, Brodie Croyle looked pretty normal for a rookie QBs first game, LJ looked like the old for last year, running mad. And Eddy looked to be running some nice routes.

But the most impressive person IMO again was Mr. Kyle Turly. Once again he had another great game with some nice blocks and great pass protection. He has definatly looked better Welbourn so far.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

not to go off topic here, but who was the kc reciever that got slammed down hard like at the 3 yard lines?
    sigpic

Comment

Super Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
        not to go off topic here, but who was the kc reciever that got slammed down hard like at the 3 yard lines?
        150 pound Samie Parker...

Comment

Brodie Croyle had a dissapointing night, but to his credit I don't blame it on him. Our backup offensive line has struggled all preseason and there were probably 3 or 4 catchable balls he threw that the WR dropped or ran the wrong route or couldn't stay in bounds.

-The defense was pretty great, especially the rookies.

-Tamba Hali was all over the field and even lined up at linebacker in some 3-4 packages. He had a sack and forced fumble on Marc Bulger that was recovered by James Reed. He got some good pressure on alot of other plays.

-Bernard Pollard was my player of the game. He had a great interception and a forced fumble where he completely knocked the **** out of a wide receiver.

-If some of the defenders could keep control of the ball we could have had a good 2 or 3 more interceptions. Keyaron Fox, Marcus Maxey, Ty Law, and Derrick Johnson all got there hands on the ball but were unable to make the interception. Regardless, a deflection is much better than allowing a completion.

-
          "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

wasn't this like ur first victory in like 7 preseason attempts?not a bash, just heard someone on espn say that.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
              wasn't this like ur first victory in like 7 preseason attempts?not a bash, just heard someone on espn say that.
              Even worse. Dating back to the 2004 preseason we had lost 8 straight. We lost the last two preseason games in 2004, every preseason game in 2005, and the first two preseason games in 2006.
              "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Preseason means nothing. The raiders are undefeated, that should tell you something.
                sigpic

Seems like forever and a day, don't it?

Comment

Wow, KC rookies looking good.

Chiefs | Croyle struggles Saturday
                  Sat, 26 Aug 2006 21:52:53 -0700

The Associated Press reports Kansas City Chiefs QB Brodie Croyle struggled in his first preseason game Saturday, Aug. 26. Croyle finished 1-of-9 passing for four yards and was sacked twice.

it's cool GC-- why don't you tell us again how cutler's not going to be that great. . . . . :thumb:
                  Last edited by dogfish; 08-27-2006, 02:00 AM.
                  Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Poor Brodie.
                    I know he'll get better and the injuries haven't helped him. who's next for the cheifs?
                    "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                    Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
                      Even worse. Dating back to the 2004 preseason we had lost 8 straight. We lost the last two preseason games in 2004, every preseason game in 2005, and the first two preseason games in 2006.
                      Talk about irony. Last Chiefs preseason win came against the Rams at Arrowhead.

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                        Chiefs | Croyle struggles Saturday
                        Sat, 26 Aug 2006 21:52:53 -0700

The Associated Press reports Kansas City Chiefs QB Brodie Croyle struggled in his first preseason game Saturday, Aug. 26. Croyle finished 1-of-9 passing for four yards and was sacked twice.

it's cool GC-- why don't you tell us again how cutler's not going to be that great. . . . . :thumb:
                        Hey i mentioned in my post that Croyle struggled in his first NFL appearence. And if im not mistaken i dont think a third round pick is supposed to be as good as a first rounder yet

And ya Sammie Parker got lit up, but the sad this is that we had 3 chances to punch it in from teh 2 and we didnt on that possesion. Dee Brown looked terrible last night too.
                        Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Bernard "Bonecrusher" Pollard baby!! Looks like we may have a Chiefs version of Steve Atwater. That hit he put on the lambs reciever was wicked.
                          The guy in my avatar's not even in the league anymore.

Comment

How'd former Broncos Lenny Walls and Quentin Griffin do?

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                            - Carl Sagan

Comment

Hali was the guy I wanted to Broncos to get if we stayed in the later part of the first round. The guy does look good.

Comment

Working...
                              X