Wow, KC rookies looking good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
    How'd former Broncos Lenny Walls and Quentin Griffin do?
    Lenny Walls played in his first game for us on Saturday and he did pretty good. On one play where he was in at right corner the quarterback threw a long pass down the sideline but Walls stuck with the receiver and could have had an interception. Still, he stopped a potential completion. He did pretty good on several other plays as well.

I didn't see Griffin much but he has done pretty good this preseason. IMO he deserves the 3rd runningback spot on the roster. The fact that he isn't too bad on special teams could help him earn a roster spot.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
      Hali was the guy I wanted to Broncos to get if we stayed in the later part of the first round. The guy does look good.
      I was impressed with him. Not saying he is already a pro bowler or that he has done enough to silence all critics but I think any notion that he was too slow was put to rest in that game. He may not have the fastest straight line speed but he is very quick and looks like a linebacker out there. Todd Steussie isn't a bad tackle at all and Hali put a great move on him to get to Bulger for the sack/forced fumble.
      "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
        Lenny Walls played in his first game for us on Saturday and he did pretty good. On one play where he was in at right corner the quarterback threw a long pass down the sideline but Walls stuck with the receiver and could have had an interception. Still, he stopped a potential completion. He did pretty good on several other plays as well.

I didn't see Griffin much but he has done pretty good this preseason. IMO he deserves the 3rd runningback spot on the roster. The fact that he isn't too bad on special teams could help him earn a roster spot.
        Ya Walls looked good, but Q looks to be the 4th RB, even though after Browns performence i would at least give Q a shot. But im liking the way Walls is looking for an assignment kind of coverage.
        Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
          Chiefs | Croyle struggles Saturday
          Sat, 26 Aug 2006 21:52:53 -0700

The Associated Press reports Kansas City Chiefs QB Brodie Croyle struggled in his first preseason game Saturday, Aug. 26. Croyle finished 1-of-9 passing for four yards and was sacked twice.

it's cool GC-- why don't you tell us again how cutler's not going to be that great. . . . . :thumb:
          Croyle's stats were more of a reflection of how bad our backup receivers played then anything else.

His first pass was a 35 yard strike that wasn't caught due to defensive PI. He had another long pass to Webb on the same drive that was caught, but didn't count due to sloppy play by Webb. He could have easily got both feet in, but instead he got one in, and then took a huge step out of bounce. All in all, he only had 3-5 passes that weren't very catchable. He could have easily finished 6-11 with 80 yards or so. Still not great, but he wasn't near as bad as you would think from a 1-9 for yards statline.

One big problem he had was scrambling out of the pocket when he felt pressure from the outside, instead of stepping up into it. Another mistake he kept making was staring down his target. It didn't really hurt him much against second stringers, but I think more NFL savvy would have keyed in on that.

I was pretty happy with his debut considering how little practice time he has gotten due to his injury.

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
            Hey i mentioned in my post that Croyle struggled in his first NFL appearence. And if im not mistaken i dont think a third round pick is supposed to be as good as a first rounder yet

And ya Sammie Parker got lit up, but the sad this is that we had 3 chances to punch it in from teh 2 and we didnt on that possesion. Dee Brown looked terrible last night too.
            Parker got lit up, but at least he held onto the ball after a big gain. That was a big problem for him last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcastro
              Parker got lit up,
              but at least he held onto the ball
              after a big gain. That was a big problem for him last season.
              thats what I was thinking.....him and Trent were laughing about it....
              Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Parker needs to learn how to lower that shoulder pad instead of trying to leap over guys that are way taller than him.
                The guy in my avatar's not even in the league anymore.

Comment

Another great performence by Page and Pollard last night. Man Pollard is looking amazing, he hits like a freaking truck.

They are making the team for sure, and so is that McKenzie Smith i hope, he looked 10x better than Brown and Q.
                  Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Working...
                  X