Raiders looking better and better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kmartin575
    I have a great idea. There was some interest by the Eagles to sign track star Justin Gatlin, the fastest man in the world. Now that he is banned from world track events for 8 years, maybe the Raiders can sign him. He is the fastest man in the world so that should make him a great football player, huh? LMAO
    hmmm....can he catch a football?

seriously dont give Davis any ideas, he's a sucker for speed.

the Jeff George signing is a head scratcher for sure, but again, i doubt he'll be on the roster after 9/10. i'll give Brooks a chance and the benefit of the doubt, especially after seeing what Collins can't do.

a run stuffing DT would be ideal addition, but i think our Defense will be much improved. the secondary is coming along, and the speed of our LBs is already fun to watch. there already is improvements over last year.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silver_black
      hmmm....can he catch a football?

seriously dont give Davis any ideas, he's a sucker for speed.

the Jeff George signing is a head scratcher for sure, but again, i doubt he'll be on the roster after 9/10. i'll give Brooks a chance and the benefit of the doubt, especially after seeing what Collins can't do.

a run stuffing DT would be ideal addition, but i think our Defense will be much improved. the secondary is coming along, and the speed of our LBs is already fun to watch. there already is improvements over last year.
      true, for some reason, i think ur offense took a big step back, and ur defense improved.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
        true, for some reason, i think ur offense took a big step back, and ur defense improved.
        solely based on Brooks? our O-line is a question mark, but they werent good last year. that alone is why i'd rather have Brooks to make a play or buy time. the INTs are gonna come just like they were there with Collins, but now theres hope when the line cant hold.

with Collins if his first read was covered, forget about any checkdowns, and the slightest pressure resulted in INT, fumble, or sack.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
          I can agree with this and even take it a step further and say I prefer it that way. Why? because our offense can put up points against bad teams. And it can shine occasionally against good teams. The defense can be solid across the board and improve at a much faster rate than the offense.

Plus, the most important man for the offense isn't even on offense: Chris Carr. On special teams, he can shorten the field and make the job easier for Brooks & co. It's up to them to score 6 instead of settling for 3 or failing with 0.

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
            They looked better, until they signed Jeff George :doh:
            Ha ha hah ahaha. ROTFLMAO!!!!! Jeff George...... AAAAAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA :idiot: = Raiders
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandxxRaider
              I must say, our game against detroit was a good one. The game against san francisco was good too, but i really liked the detroit game. Moss looked good, brooks looked comfortable, the line held up, and the play was aggressive. Now, i know i probably wont get much positive feedback on how the raiders look, considering its a broncos board, but we look better than we did last year...thats for sure. What are some other opinions?

All I have noticed is that the faiders are the only team in the preseason playing each game as if it is the superbowl. :thumb:
              SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

I must say, our game against detroit was a good one. The game against san francisco was good too, but i really liked the detroit game. Moss looked good, brooks looked comfortable, the line held up, and the play was aggressive. Now, i know i probably wont get much positive feedback on how the raiders look, considering its a broncos board, but we look better than we did last year...thats for sure. What are some other opinions?

Oakland did a good job against Detroit and San Fran. They controlled both lines of scrimmage, cut down on penalties and forced turn-overs. Special team play was solid as well. We will see how things hold up on the 11th

;);)

Watch out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sanluisboltfan
                  Oakland did a good job against Detroit and San Fran. They controlled both lines of scrimmage, cut down on penalties and forced turn-overs. Special team play was solid as well. We will see how things hold up on the 11th
                  indeed, but no doubt the Chargers are a much different test than SF and Det.

cant wait for the 11th.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hold on while i throw up,lol

Comment

The change of scenery may be just what Aaron Brooks needs to have a break out season.

I certainly wouldn't write him off based on his record in NO.
                      The All Blacks, the greatest team on the planet!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD1_puuceg0

Comment

Working...
                      X