Has the whole NFL gone cheap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the whole NFL gone cheap?

Branch can't get a team to meet his asking price- could the Pats have been right all along?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

LEAGUE CONSENSUS -- BRANCH WANTS TOO MUCH GREEN

Based on our discussions with various league insiders regarding the permission that Patriots receiver Deion Branch has received to seek out a trade, it seems pretty clear to us that no one will be willing to pony up the kind of money that would prompt Branch to spurn the Pats permanently.

As one league source told us, the price tag for signing Branch is "probably too high for anyone."

Can I say "I told you so"?
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

I think the league relizes, what the Ptriots showed in their 41-0 shalacking of the Redskins...Branch needs Brady far more then Brady needs Branch

Comment

Other than an Superbowl MVP Branch really hasn't done a lot though. His numbers are not on par with top receivers yet he wants to receiver money. Considering he is the Pats top receiver I think they should pay him the money but other teams are not going to be willing to do so unless they have a major need at receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
          Other than an Superbowl MVP Branch really hasn't done a lot though. His numbers are not on par with top receivers yet he wants to receiver money. Considering he is the Pats top receiver I think they should pay him the money but other teams are not going to be willing to do so unless they have a major need at receiver.
          I've heard of hometown discounts, but never hometown fees.

Well, if nobody else will pay him the money, then Branch's holdout is a complete waste of time because he's betting that some team somewhere WILL pay him that kind of money. And as we're finding out this week, nobody is willing to pay that much.

Branch and his agent's demands are way too high for ANY team, simply put.

Comment

Originally posted by honestpatsfan

Well, if nobody else will pay him the money, then Branch's holdout is a complete waste of time because he's betting that some team somewhere WILL pay him that kind of money. And as we're finding out this week, nobody is willing to pay that much.

He needs Brady, plain and simple.

It kinds looks like so far Branch needs the Pats more than the Pats need him.
            NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Branch hasn't ever hit a 1,000 yards, has he? That might be a big reason why...

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
              - Carl Sagan

Comment

its not the money thats the problem. It the fact that the patriots are asking a first round draft pick for him which no team will do considering what other wideouts have been traded for
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation
                  its not the money thats the problem.
                  So which team is willing to pay him $8 mil a year?

Comment

So which team is willing to pay him $8 mil a year?

the bears and the vikings but niether of them will part with a 1st round draft pick
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation
                      the bears and the vikings but niether of them will part with a 1st round draft pick
                      you'll need to provide a source that says they're willing to pay the money because I'm not convinced that any team would pay him like Reggie Wayne.

Comment

Working...
                      X