Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be the GM of the Packers and Deal with Farve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be the GM of the Packers and Deal with Farve.

I know we've kind of already been talking about Brett Farve stinking up the preseason but I thought I would post this here poll to see what you guys would do if you were GM/HC of the Packers. It's a pretty tough decision considering he's been the face of the francise for so long but I think you might just be wasting a year with this guy. Sooooo...

Deal him, Cut him or Bench him.
    Bench Him...Give the kid a chance to learn
    38.10%
    Cut Him
    38.10%
    Try to deal him to another team for some draft picks
    23.81%

Cut him.

Tell him "I am more concerned with winning than looking bad to fans. You should be too."

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

I guess I left out an option.....stick with him. I wouldn't at this point though. He was done two years ago.

Comment

I voted bench him, but now that I think about it he is just hogging up cap space and they're not going to get anything good in a trade.

Definition of Raider Hater:
        A true football fan, not a band wagon rider, who will always root against the Raiders any time any day. A true Raider Hater can be most recognized by their intelligence and ability to stay out of jail and not riot after losing.

Comment

I say just bench him, let whosit get some playing time.

After this year, Farve will retire.

Kinda saddening though, I was in line to get food last night and the game was on. I told my friend, after seeing Farve get pummeled and forcing throws, that Farve should retire after this season. Then this girl in front of me said "You can't say that about Farve!" and showed her Wisconsin sweater to us.

Its blind love at this point. Kinda like a old dog, you just have to know when to put it down.

Comment

You can't really trade him to another team since he would most likely then retire and the stadium would be ripped apart if he isn't retired as a Packer.

Comment

The best situation would be for him to just retire now. He needs to realize that he no longer has it. Then, it would be his decision, and possibly the Packers could pick up some QB help from other team's cuts.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

I would go with the fourth choice (which you conveniently didn't include in the poll). I would:

Play him - he is the heart and soul of the team. Sure he's past his prime - but he is the person the fans love and is the face of the franchise. You cut or bench him and you will tick off a heck of a lot of fans (example: What Belichick did to Kosar).
                The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Play the HOF'er

He wasn't the best last year but wasn't the worst and imo didn't play that bad with that bad of a team he had.

Comment

Why he has even come back I have no idea...

And Jared, you said it perfectly...

You should be concerned with winning over everything else, quit being a cancer, or your out!

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Do the Packers even have an offensive line?

I haven't seen much of one, that's for sure. If the pass protection is terrible, I'm not sure Rodgers will do much better. And that being the case, might as well let Favre play if that's what he wants... at least for this season.
                      "You can't take the sky from me..."
                      ------
                      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by OC1981
                        I know we've kind of already been talking about Brett Farve stinking up the preseason but I thought I would post this here poll to see what you guys would do if you were GM/HC of the Packers. It's a pretty tough decision considering he's been the face of the francise for so long but I think you might just be wasting a year with this guy. Sooooo...

Deal him, Cut him or Bench him.

The blew it in the offseason, they should have told him to retire. I don't think he would have left for a new team at this stage. They let him have to much leeway

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Native
                          The best situation would be for him to just retire now. He needs to realize that he no longer has it. Then, it would be his decision, and possibly the Packers could pick up some QB help from other team's cuts.
                          I agree. Remeber when T.D. retired after the 2002 preseason when realizing his time had come to an end? I think this would be the best time for Farve to have that revalation. Im not even trying to be disrespectful to Farve, it is just what I think is best for that organization and Brett.

New HC, New Oline, and now time for a new starting QB (Rodgers).

Comment

Working...
                          X