Odell Thurman speaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odell Thurman speaks

Odell Thurman gives his explanation for what happened.

I very badly want to believe him. Odell was an awesome player last year, and he seems like a good kid when you see him do interviews. The story I've linked is Odell's soliloquiy.

What do you think? Smack-free responses, please.
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals

I very badly want to believe him. Odell was an awesome player last year, and he seems like a good kid when you see him do interviews. The story I've linked is Odell's soliloquiy.

i like your team...

but that article is too long to read at 3:38 am...

so i think ill just hit the hay...

but i will make one point...

i still sorta like therman...

Last edited by anton...; 08-30-2006, 10:45 AM.

sigpic

Comment

He sounds like a pretty good guy. He should have been aware that an absence is the same as a positive. For his sake, being so young and in the environment he is in, I hope it was just a case of a missed test. Sounds like he has a head on his shoulders and his heart is in the right place. May have been a silly mistake, but one that could jerk him back into what's important to him. Good to see the Bengals didn't turn their back on him and he has a good support group around him.
      Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

It was a good read. It sounds like hes a good guy.

P.S. Hows the Ahmad brooks kid doing at camp I know he had amazing talent??

Comment

Originally posted by BF_forever
          It was a good read. It sounds like hes a good guy.

P.S. Hows the Ahmad brooks kid doing at camp I know he had amazing talent??
          I actually had the honor of getting Ahmad Brooks' autograph down at training camp a few weeks ago. He looked pretty good, but he's undisciplined. He still has a lot to learn about Chuck's system, and I think it'll be a few weeks into the season before he sees any PT. But from a physical standpoint, I can't think of better prototype for a linebacker. Dude's 6'4", muscular, fast, and strong. He's got all of the tools to be successful, and he seemed like a pretty bright, respectful guy.

When we were waiting for him to come around, another guy near me said to him, "hey, can you put your number next to your autograph for me?"

He replied, "I don't have one yet. Gotta earn that first."

Good team guy. He'll be a great addition.
          HEAR ME ROAR!
          sigpic

Comment

I actually had the honor of getting Ahmad Brooks' autograph down at training camp a few weeks ago. He looked pretty good, but he's undisciplined. He still has a lot to learn about Chuck's system, and I think it'll be a few weeks into the season before he sees any PT. But from a physical standpoint, I can't think of better prototype for a linebacker. Dude's 6'4", muscular, fast, and strong. He's got all of the tools to be successful, and he seemed like a pretty bright, respectful guy.

When we were waiting for him to come around, another guy near me said to him, "hey, can you put your number next to your autograph for me?"

He replied, "I don't have one yet. Gotta earn that first."

Good team guy. He'll be a great addition.
            that's cool you got his autogragh. I knew he was good becuase in NCAA I would export the drafts and he was a top 5 pick every time.

Earning Jerseys is a great way to motivate teams. My freshman highschool year we had to earn our game uniforms and we ended up going 8-2.

What did he get kicked out of college for though I forgot?

Comment

Originally posted by BF_forever
              that's cool you got his autogragh. I knew he was good becuase in NCAA I would export the drafts and he was a top 5 pick every time.

Earning Jerseys is a great way to motivate teams. My freshman highschool year we had to earn our game uniforms and we ended up going 8-2.

What did he get kicked out of college for though I forgot?
              He was a pot head for a while, apparently. He's clean now, though. Realised he was smoking his career away.
              HEAR ME ROAR!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X