Updated Vid: Ashley Lelie -- 2005 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Vid: Ashley Lelie -- 2005 Season

For you few and far between remanining Lelie fans: I had a video on YouTube for a while on Ashley Lelie, but it was always missing games 1-5 of the regular season because I didn't have those games on file. Well WABronco came along and provided me with the missing games, and of course Brom66an6 provided the highlights of all those 2005 games. Thanks guys.

Anyway here's the video of Lelie's season, EVERY catch/rush that was in Brom's videos throughout the 2005 season is in this video. 30/42 (~71%) of his actual regular season receptions are shown, and all rushing attempts are in there too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmC3djocfmQ

Fun Fact: Lelie attempted 5 rushes during the 2005 regular season, netting 84 yards. That turns out to be a 16.8 yard average. All 5 attempts resulted in first downs for the Broncos.

EDIT: Oh and please no trashing Ashley as a player in the YouTube comments, keep it here please! Thank you.

Edit2: Edited for clarity. Thanks for the info Archimedes!
    Last edited by Double_L; 09-01-2006, 01:29 AM.

Nice Man!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Double_L
      Fun Fact: Lelie attempted 5 rushes (via the reverse play) during the 2005 regular season, netting 84 yards. That turns out to be a 16.8 yard average. All 5 attempts resulted in first downs for the Broncos.

EDIT: Oh and please no trashing Ashley as a player in the YouTube comments, keep it here please! Thank you.
      I only saw a single reverse play in that video. Most of them were end arounds, but I was aware that he was the most successful running WR last year.

I noticed it at the bottom of the footballoutsiders WR page.

He ranked first with a DVOA of 156%.

It's kind of interesting that also on that list was Charlie Adams who also had five runs, but for only 14 yards.

Anyway, I think that Lelie was a good reciever for us. He has excellent hands and is very fast and is very good at adjusting on the fly.

That video also does showcase several throws where he had beat the corner by a ridiculous amount, but was caught because Jake underthrew the ball (It is the safe thing to do really. If he tried to hit him in stride, he'd risk overthrowing him, so instead he underthrows it to guarantee the completion.)

I expect Lelie to be success in Atlanta. I am still very happy with Javon Walker, though. And I'm also excited about Watts and Marshall.

Still, Lelie would have looked very good as a third reciever in three reciever sets.
      My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
      . Post Your Artwork .
      . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

What is that first song in that vid?

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
          What is that first song in that vid?
          Helicopter by Bloc Party.

Comment

Originally posted by Double_L
            Helicopter by Bloc Party.
            cool vid man!!

and i looove bloc party!!!

banquet and this modern love are cool songs!!!

and speaking of lelie...

he was good...

and helped us do well...

but i think javon will do a better job...

or at least i hope so...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X