Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archimedes Owl
    replied
    Well, people put too much stock into QBs sometimes I think.

They consider the Pats good because of past success and because they have Brady.

Everybody considers Baltimore very good because they have McNair and suddenly the Dolphins are a Super Bowl threat because they have Culpepper. Now this is fair to a degree because the QB is the most important player on offense, but even so, he's still only one player.

I think that every team in the AFC West is ranked low. Even the Raiders weren't as bad as their record suggests. After going 0-6 in a pretty tough division, it's not so bad. I mean, they did beat Dallas and Washington and played close games to the superbowl teams in the first couple of weeks while both were pretty healthy. Their worst loss was to the Jets, but they were experimenting with Tui and they had already resigned to having a losing season.

In another division, they could have been a mediocre 8-8 team.

The Panthers did find somebody opposite of Smith to play reciever in Keyshawn Johnson which is important for them because they were so weak there last year, but despite their strong defense, I wouldn't rank them that high.

I can give them a little leeway between ten and twenty because there are some tough choices in there. We'll have to wait to see how everybody pans out to really get an idea of who has really improved.

Leave a comment:

• MN-Broncofreak
    replied
    I think it is funny that they mention Denver as NOW having a deep threat even though we just got rid of Ashley...

Sick of NE always going so high

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by Chidoze
    I cant believe the colts are in the top 5. 10-15 is where they should be. Same with the pats. :hammer:
    Well who did the Colts loose that will make them drop down that far? Yes Edge is good but when you have Manning you wont drop down 10 ranks. And they do have Rhodes who ran for over 1,000 yards when James went down a couple years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Chidoze
    replied
    I cant believe the colts are in the top 5. 10-15 is where they should be. Same with the pats. :hammer:

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    I actually think Pittsburgh is going to lose their hunger and take it down a notch.

Plus I see everyone coming at them with their best game, especially division foes and especially the Bengals.

I've already marked down 2 loses for the Steelers against the Bengals this year.

They are going to be pissed!

Also, McNair in Baltimore gives them a whole nother bag of trouble.

The AFC North is going to be a great division to watch this year.

------

New England is fine where it's at and Miami could be a bit higher.

The both have CAKE schedules. Buffalo twice, Jet's twice, Houston, Green Bay (Detroit for Maimi) and Tennesee!

Denver would go undfeated with that schedule.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncosfreak_56
    what is it then
    Already done - edited into the previous message.

Leave a comment:

• Broncosfreak_56
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Brown
    No that's not it.
    what is it then

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncosfreak_56
    Then ill say it for you...cleveland deserves to be higher.
    No that's not it.

But since there have been inquiries into what I want to say it is:

I'm surprised that ESPN didn't have the Browns at #32. Simply because it is the Browns and no matter what the Browns do - whether it be something good or bad, the media (especially ESPN) will make a spin on it to make the Browns look worse than they really are. When the Browns were undefeated at home at some point during the season (I believe it was 2 years ago). Despite that being something positive, Sean Salisbury spinned it and made a mockery of the Browns. ESPN loves showing the bad times in Browns history with shows such as: "The Drive in High Definition", "Red Right 88 in High Definition", "The Fumble in High Definition", and "10 Reasons you can't blame Art Modell".

Furhtermore, they have crazy "Top 10 Lists" where they constantly talk bad about the Browns. I dispise the media for their treatment of the Browns. They are in league with Modell because Modell was one of the creators of NFL Films who are their business partners. So, they are pushing for Art Modell to get into the NFL HOF. All of this is evident by watching ESPN and its affiliates.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 09-01-2006, 03:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Broncosfreak_56
    replied
    Because if I don't post - it is as if I never read this thread. By posting it is clear that I read the thread and the link - but choose not to respond. Just to say that I acknowledge what was discussed, but that I choose not to respond for fear that it will get out of hand.
    Then ill say it for you...cleveland deserves to be higher.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by GridironChamp
    So out of curiosity why make this post? Not trying to flame, but why post about how you wont post?
    Because if I don't post - it is as if I never read this thread. By posting it is clear that I read the thread and the link - but choose not to respond. Just to say that I acknowledge what was discussed, but that I choose not to respond for fear that it will get out of hand.

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    No Comment

If I say anything I'll be flamed. So, I choose to say nothing.
    So out of curiosity why make this post? Not trying to flame, but why post about how you wont post?

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    No Comment

If I say anything I'll be flamed. So, I choose to say nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Blazindro
    replied
    Originally posted by GridironChamp
    IMO KC is too low, but i guess when the media doesnt love you, you dont get anything.

I also think Seattle is way to high, i dont think they will come close to last years success.
    I agree with the Kansas City bit, they should at least be ahead of the San Diego Chargers and maybe even in the top 15.

Also Seattle should be number 2 IMO while the Super Bowl Champs should be at number 1.

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    IMO KC is too low, but i guess when the media doesnt love you, you dont get anything.

I also think Seattle is way to high, i dont think they will come close to last years success.

Leave a comment:

• WhoDeyBengals
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick7
    Atlanta is too low, IMO
    I'd agree with you, but Michael Vick's their starting quarterback. I'd rank them higher if Schaub had the job. Also, they can't stop the run, and that's a big problem for a team that can't score in bunches.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X