Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denver Broncos run game weaker than in the past?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Broncos run game weaker than in the past?

Now before anyone starts spouting off with "wrong forum" crap read the whole post plz.

So we all know last week, KC's Defense shut down the Denver offense, and stopped them cold in the rushing game. It looked like we found the pefect way to beat the zone blocking scheme (more farther down) but stuffing the run play after play.
    Now then i watch last nights game and i see Denver running wild over the Pasties D. Im talking huge wholes left and right. Bells arent being touched till 5-10 yds down the field. Now, with all that said... back to my question just with the rest of it. Is Denvers run game weaker than in the past, OR is KC's run D that much better?

IM not talking about just the stats, KC was getting thier Defensive linemen to hit the Bells at the line of scimmage or in the backfield. I noticed that the few good runs Tater had in the KC Denver game was mainly on the plays when KC's DE's didnt get up the field. When Jared Allen and Tamba Hali were getting 2-3 yards into the backfield on runs, they were taking out 2 blockers at a time by themself, allowing clear holes for Mitchell, Johnson, Bell, and even Reed and Edwards to slide over and take the hole up untouched. Then watching the NE game, the DEs were hardly making it up the field because of the 3-4 scheme IMO.

I didnt notice this last year, so is it something knew that Denver has to figure out why someone can be as succesfull as KC was doing something soo simple, or did KC's D just really figure out the Denver offesne after all these years?
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Can't be judged yet. The past few season the Bronco's have looked pretty pathetic at the beginning of them. Including the run game. I would say wait a few more weeks before we start jumping to conclusions like this.

Also, now that we have a primary back this all could be drastically changed.

How exactly did you guys shut down our run game? Have you checked the stats lately or even tried to pay attention to a game?
    Last edited by jhns; 09-25-2006, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Not sure if you KC "shut down" the running game. Denver had 145 yds vs. KC who had gameplanned entirely to stopping the run. KC stacked the box and had many run blitz packages.......that SHOULD have been neutralized with a few bootlegs (not going to discuss that again).
      Give KC credit, but at this point Denver has 150 y/gm avg and 4.7 per carry overall. Not too bad.

Comment

Good lord...enough please.

What part about ranking 2nd overall in total rushing says "weaker running game." SHUT UP

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
          Can't be judged yet. The past few season the Bronco's have looked pretty pathetic at the beginning of them. Including the run game. I would say wait a few more weeks before we start jumping to conclusions like this.

Also, now that we have a primary back this all could be drastically changed.

How exactly did you guys shut down our run game? Have you checked the stats lately or even tried to pay attention to a game?
          I was referring to the Broncos RB's 3.8 yard average per rush. Not to mention, Bell had 2 runs over 15 yards in the last half of the 4th quarter. That is shutting down a run game, but i guess you would call that something else

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
            I was referring to the Broncos RB's 3.8 yard average per rush. Not to mention, Bell had 2 runs over 15 yards in the last half of the 4th quarter. That is shutting down a run game, but i guess you would call that something else

????

Denver's backs are averaging 4.7 yards a carry.

So what are you talking about?

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by cswil
              Not sure if you KC "shut down" the running game. Denver had 145 yds vs. KC who had gameplanned entirely to stopping the run. KC stacked the box and had many run blitz packages.......that SHOULD have been neutralized with a few bootlegs (not going to discuss that again).
              Give KC credit, but at this point Denver has 150 y/gm avg and 4.7 per carry overall. Not too bad.
              Hm, Javon with 21 yards and Kyle with 18 yards.... KC wasnt planning on them running the ball, nor does the Broncos run game account for those. Those were great coaching calls, your RBs had a whopping 110 yards and a 3.8 yards per carry that is pretty bad for the second best rushing team in the NFL. I would also like to you answer the question, Did KC just figure out how to stop them, or did Denvers run game drop off thsi year?

Seeming for the last 2 years Denver had over 200 yards rushing out of thier RBs against KC in Denver.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                ????

Denver's backs are averaging 4.7 yards a carry.

So what are you talking about?
                The Chiefs game

Originally posted by WAbronco
                Good lord...enough please.

What part about ranking 2nd overall in total rushing says "weaker running game." SHUT UP
                Do you know what forum you are in? and i suggest you at least read the first line of my thread before posting random crap.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

And as many people pointed out, i didnt research this it was just all over GD, during the Rams game most of the rushing yards came off a few runs in the second half while STL was playing in pass defenses. From what i saw in the last 2 games and heard about in the first game sounds to me as of right now that it is just NE either getting dominated or KC and STL found something that works.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

And as many people pointed out, i didnt research this it was just all over GD, during the Rams game most of the rushing yards came off a few runs in the second half while STL was playing in pass defenses. From what i saw in the last 2 games and heard about in the first game sounds to me as of right now that it is just NE either getting dominated or KC and STL found something that works.
                    You didn't research yet you think you're still making a valid point. Right...

Comment

The Chiefs game
                      Denver backs had a 4.2 YPC in week 2, and a total of 131 yards. That does not count Walker's and Plummer's runs.

Do you know what forum you are in? and i suggest you at least read the first line of my thread before posting random crap.
                      Your implications are incorrect, and I said so. KC didn't find some magic way to stop the run, they just loaded the box and took advantage of Denver's inconsistent offense.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                        You didn't research yet you think you're still making a valid point. Right...
                        Another great post by someone that cant even argue... Buying time so you can think of something clever?

No i havnt gone and looked at play by play for that game, cuz seeming my question is do you feel KC stopped your run game or do you feel your run game stopped themselves i dont see how anyone would need me to look that up...

But i guess there are a few arrogant posters that dont understand that out there, *cough, cough* obvisouly you *cough, cough*

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Denver backs had a 4.2 YPC in week 2, and a total of 131 yards. That does not count Walker's and Plummer's runs.
                          Guess you didnt note the RB part did you

Your implications are incorrect, and I said so. KC didn't find some magic way to stop the run, they just loaded the box and took advantage of Denver's inconsistent offense.
                          Oh but you are off base, we didnt "stack the box". We played our LBs close most of the game, but who doesnt? We hardly ever had the FS or SS play up in the box, and we hardly ever had all 3 LBS playing right on the DL's rears... So no we didnt "stack the box".

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Guess you didnt note the RB part did you

Oh but you are off base, we didnt "stack the box". We played our LBs close most of the game, but who doesnt? We hardly ever had the FS or SS play up in the box, and we hardly ever had all 3 LBS playing right on the DL's rears... So no we didnt "stack the box".
                            Sammy Knight spent most of his time near the LOS. You also run-blitzed on numerous occasions.

Comment

Sammy Knight spent most of his time near the LOS. You also run-blitzed on numerous occasions.
                              You do know Sammy Knights number right? Guess not seeming for the second week in a row he blew about 3 coverages again...

And last time i checked run blitzes are used alot, and we laid off run blitzes as the game went on, still stopping your RBs.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Working...
                              X