Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TO taken to hospital (merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Snk16
    THis was an interesting case and odd story for the day. We do not know all the details. Until I get more details, I'm going to take TO's word for it and say that he did not commit suicide.
    I think we can agree. He definitely did NOT commit suicide

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Ravage!!!
      I think we can agree. He definitely did NOT commit suicide
      My mistake, I should have said attempted.

      But I think there are some descrepencies. If people said that he took 35 pills, then obviously they're uninformed. 35 would surely have killed him. So yeah...

      I'm gonna wait until all the facts are all sorted out.

      sigpic

      Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

      There are three things you can expect in life:

      1. Death
      2. Taxes
      3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

      Comment


      • #93
        I havent read through all of these posts yet but i feel that i want to churn in with my opinion on this. I for one was always an advocate of not wanting him in Denver and generally thought this guy just wanted attention all the time was a cancer and I never looked at it much deeper than that. However after today i am pretty convinced that this guy did indeed try to commit suicide. I saw the reports and decided to look into what his past waslike and I came away shocked.

        http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...1.html?cnn=yes

        Besides that i read how he grew up not knowing his father, and his mother was pregnant at fifteen. His Grandma who he was raised by only, left one light on in the house and he was never allowed to watch tv or read anything other then his homework. for one of his birthdays He received a bike when he was in his teens but could only ride it to the mailbox and back, he was rumoured to also be abused by her. In his teens he became intrested in a girl across the street from his house. The girls father didn't like owens and the idea of him dating his daughter. After a while of them seeing each other the father felt they were gonna get heavily involved so he confronted owens and dropped a bomb on him. He told him he was his father whom he never met and the only reason he told him was because he didn't want his daughter and him commiting incest. After that confrontation though his father never wanted to speak to him.

        I for one feel for this man and think he needs some people around him to push him to get help and needs to step away from footbal for a season. i think this was a cry from a man who desperatly needs help. Again though this is just my opinion

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by N.O.Bronco
          I havent read through all of these posts yet but i feel that i want to churn in with my opinion on this. I for one was always an advocate of not wanting him in Denver and generally thought this guy just wanted attention all the time was a cancer and I never looked at it much deeper than that. However after today i am pretty convinced that this guy did indeed try to commit suicide. I saw the reports and decided to look into what his past waslike and I came away shocked.

          http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...1.html?cnn=yes

          Besides that i read how he grew up not knowing his father, and his mother was pregnant at fifteen. His Grandma who he was raised by only, left one light on in the house and he was never allowed to watch tv or read anything other then his homework. for one of his birthdays He received a bike when he was in his teens but could only ride it to the mailbox and back, he was rumoured to also be abused by her. In his teens he became intrested in a girl across the street from his house. The girls father didn't like owens and the idea of him dating his daughter. After a while of them seeing each other the father felt they were gonna get heavily involved so he confronted owens and dropped a bomb on him. He told him he was his father whom he never met and the only reason he told him was because he didn't want his daughter and him commiting incest. After that confrontation though his father never wanted to speak to him.

          I for one feel for this man and think he needs some people around him to push him to get help and needs to step away from footbal for a season. i think this was a cry from a man who desperatly needs help. Again though this is just my opinion
          Wow, if this is all true, he definitely needs help. Sounds like his growing up years were very hard.


          Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

          Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

          Comment


          • #95
            No he didnt try to committ suicide - he has 25 million reasons to live - unfortunately and typical TO style none of those reasons include his family, friends or anything besides the almighty $$$$$ - yet I was wrong for saying this guy is a selfish ignorant moron

            Comment


            • #96
              Do you guys really think that someone who is depressed enough to kill themselves would be at work the next day?

              Comment


              • #97
                I was listening to ESPN radio on my way home from work. Apparently, TO's long time personal trainer had some insight on this whole mess.

                I guess Monday was his son's 7th birthday. He couldnt see him, and the trainer said he was "distraught". Then I guess the day after that, his fiance of 3 years broke off their relationship.

                The next day he accidently swallows 5 or 6 generic vicodin....

                sigpic
                Adopted by: Peanut

                "You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                -Sean Payton

                Comment


                • #98
                  He tried to kill himself.
                  Wow, manning has us soaring to new heights.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by jhns
                    Do you guys really think that someone who is depressed enough to kill themselves would be at work the next day?

                    Yes...what is he going to do? Everyone knows what he tried to do so of course hes going to act like it didnt really happen (since he failed at it). Anyways if he got his stomach pumped, he wouldnt really feel the effects of anything.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Bronco T
                      Yes...what is he going to do? Everyone knows what he tried to do so of course hes going to act like it didnt really happen (since he failed at it). Anyways if he got his stomach pumped, he wouldnt really feel the effects of anything.
                      I wasn't saying because he would feel sick still. I was saying that someone who is sad enough to kill themselves, most likely wouldn't make it a point to go on about their lives, and work, when they don't have to. He is injured right now and he could take the next week or two off with no consequence.

                      Also, I don't see how it could be a suicide attempt when two people where at his house at the time. Maybe it was a cry for help, but there is no way he could have thought he was going to die. If that was the case, he would have found a much quicker method that those people couldnt interfere with.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jhns
                        I wasn't saying because he would feel sick still. I was saying that someone who is sad enough to kill themselves, most likely wouldn't make it a point to go on about their lives, and work, when they don't have to. He is injured right now and he could take the next week or two off with no consequence.

                        Also, I don't see how it could be a suicide attempt when two people where at his house at the time. Maybe it was a cry for help, but there is no way he could have thought he was going to die. If that was the case, he would have found a much quicker method that those people couldnt interfere with.


                        Im not trying to figure him out (which nobody can) but I do think he returned to work because he didnt want the media and fans to think he was depressed (and maybe suicidal). If he didnt return then people would automatically assume the reports were right. And like I said in another post, I will believe sworn officers more then TO and a very dumb publicist any day....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Bronco T
                          Im not trying to figure him out (which nobody can) but I do think he returned to work because he didnt want the media and fans to think he was depressed (and maybe suicidal). If he didnt return then people would automatically assume the reports were right. And like I said in another post, I will believe sworn officers more then TO and a very dumb publicist any day....
                          The same sworn officers that hand a report to the media for attention?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Denver Native
                            Wow, if this is all true, he definitely needs help. Sounds like his growing up years were very hard.

                            Damn, that's some crazy ass stuff...

                            sigpic

                            Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

                            There are three things you can expect in life:

                            1. Death
                            2. Taxes
                            3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X