How long should Haynesworth suspended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    Only to see him sign with another team? Come on. This is a BUSINESS. They are paying him MONEY. They can't just release him.. they can't by the NFLPA agreed upon terms with the NFL, they would still have to pay him. Fischer MIGHT add time... but considering he KNOWS this player personally, has to look him in the eye as a player and as a friend.. and then tell him he's going to suspend him LONGER than what the NFL just did... thats a hard thing to choose. This isn't college. This is the NFL and these aren't boys.

Sometimes when you have friends, and family.. those friends and family members make BIG mistakes. You KNOW they are horrible choices by that person, and you are disgusted with what they did, but at the same time you... you have a friend and/or family member that you know as a PERSON.. and not just highlight on the TV. Some of you just think that the coach can just turn his back and completely shun that player from the organization....but thats not reality. For any of you that think you would simply keep your 'anger and embaressment' that Haynesworth caused the organization and the team, and would simply turn your back on him with no second thought... then I'm would be ashamed of YOU as welll.

NO ONE on the Titans is defending this man's actions. NO ONE is saying its 'alright' or we should just "forget it." But that doesn't mean you should expect them as teammates, and as friends to simply toss him aside as if he's garbage because he made a horrible mistake and sickening action on the field. They know him as a human. They know him from outside the field. They know him on a personal level just as you would your BEST of friends and teammates. Don't fool yourself into believing that shouldn't matter and they should all just kick him away like a dog.
    Okay, I never said any of that should be done in my post so go back and read it again. I never said they should Cut him, release him or turn their back on him. I said they should ADD another punishment to go along with the NFL's to show that they wont tolerate behavior like his.
    Last edited by Chidoze; 10-02-2006, 10:16 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chidoze
      Well thats what Im saying. Vick was kicked off the team for stopming on Dumervile's knee. So shouldnt the Titans do something along with the NFL? I think the Titans would be wise to add their own punishment on top of what the NFL handed out today to hammer the point home that actions like that will not be tolerated by the NFL as well as the team, you know.

The main difference is that NCAA Players have no players association or union to codify discipline rules with the colleges.

Schools can do whatever they want ABOVE the NCAA requirements.

Pro sports are a different animal.

Plus for Vick, that was the last in a series of bizarrely poor decisions he had made over 3 years.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

• Originally posted by Jared
        The main difference is that NCAA Players have no players association or union to codify discipline rules with the colleges.

Schools can do whatever they want ABOVE the NCAA requirements.

Pro sports are a different animal.

Plus for Vick, that was the last in a series of bizarrely poor decisions he had made over 3 years.
        So the players association would likely complain or appeal a punishment if the Titans did something also then?
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chidoze
          So the players association would likely complain or appeal a punishment if the Titans did something also then?

Hard to say.

My guess is yes, if it was an unpaid suspension.

A DNP-Coaches decision would likely not get an appeal.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

• Originally posted by Jared
            Hard to say.

My guess is yes, if it was an unpaid suspension.

A DNP-Coaches decision would likely not get an appeal.

Ah, ok I think I get it now. Yea I remember last year when TO's appeal was rejected after Andy Reid suspended him.
            sigpic

Comment

• They best step up & realize that they will be absolutely scrutinized if they do not give him a “REAL” punishment. Long Suspension & fine.

This was assault.

Comment

• I have something to add here as I'm sure you all know, this is not the first incident this guy has been involved in, he has a past record. He body slammed a QB not sure when or who, he has recently been in a road rage incident as well.
                It looks like maybe there is a pattern developing of an escalating violent nature.

At the very least he should be placed in an anger management class. What's next for this guy? No matter how you slice it team loses, I know I wouldn't want him on my team, even if I liked him as an indivdual, he is bad for the team and this is a team sport.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
                How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

• Originally posted by Day1BroncoFan
                  I have something to add here as I'm sure you all know, this is not the first incident this guy has been involved in, he has a past record. He body slammed a QB not sure when or who, he has recently been in a road rage incident as well.
                  It looks like maybe there is a pattern developing of an escalating violent nature.

At the very least he should be placed in an anger management class. What's next for this guy? No matter how you slice it team loses, I know I wouldn't want him on my team, even if I liked him as an indivdual, he is bad for the team and this is a team sport.
                  I did not know this. And you are right. There is something deeper going on here.

I watched his apology last night "I have disgraced the sport, my team and my last name". This was on NFL Network prior to the Packer/Eagle game. He also stated that he "was not coached or told what to say". I guess his admitance of wrong doing is a step in the right direction but as pointed out here, it is not his first incident.

Time will tell about this guys future I suppose.
                  :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                    I did not know this. And you are right. There is something deeper going on here.

I watched his apology last night "I have disgraced the sport, my team and my last name". This was on NFL Network prior to the Packer/Eagle game. He also stated that he "was not coached or told what to say". I guess his admitance of wrong doing is a step in the right direction but as pointed out here, it is not his first incident.

Time will tell about this guys future I suppose.

I was reading a related article and it mentioned that it was a different player that had body slammed the QB but the rest is correct as far as I know. I guess he also had an incident where he hit one of his team mates with a pole or something like that.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
                    How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

• I would like the suspension to be written so that he would serve x number of weeks after the injured player comes back.

Comment

• For life. He should never play agian.
                        Thanks for the Sig "rjent"sigpic

Comment

• 5 games wasn't enough.
                          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X