Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haynesworth suspended for 5 games

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2610577

Anybody else see this? What a horrible thing to do to somebody? It's nice he regrets it and all but I don't think 5 games is enough.
    You will always be a Bronco Darrent, R.I.P.

What a moron.
    MMA News
    MMA News 247

Comment

It is too lenient.

He should have been given a harsher penalty. He should be made an example of. Five games is not that significant of a playing time. Especially when looking at drug abuse by players. Ricky Williams failed his third test and was suspended an entire season. This guy purposely smashes his cleated foot into the face of Gurude and gets a 5 game suspension?
      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

While I was open to a season long ban, I also feel like this is too "slappy on the wristy." I saw Fisher on TV talking about how this length of suspension was "unprecedented." Yea, and our punter got 4 for taking ephedra. What gives?

Comment

it was the longest suspension for an on field incident in NFL history. The previous record was jsut 2 games.

Not only will a fine be given.. but he misses 5 game checks. If he makes 640k per year... then he is 200,000 lighter in the pocket (plus the fine that the NFL will levy).

Considering this suspension is 2.5 times BIGGER than any previous suspension given.... its hard to argue that it wasn't enough.
          Last edited by Ravage!!!; 10-02-2006, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Should've been the season.....this was disgraceful and I can't believe he only got 5 games, 100,000.
            Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                it was the longest suspension for an on field incident in NFL history. The previous record was jsut 2 games.

Not only will a fine be given.. but he misses 5 game checks. If he makes 640k per year... then he is 200,000 lighter in the pocket (plus the fine that the NFL will levy).

Considering this suspension is 2.5 times BIGGER than any previous suspension given.... its hard to argue that it wasn't enough.
                Exactly, these players make a lot of money. They shouldn't need to result to actions like this. Yes, he is a lineman, but he is still an NFL player. And kids look up to NFL players, not acceptable. Should have been the season in my opinion.
                You will always be a Bronco Darrent, R.I.P.

Comment

Definately an extremelty dirty play. Not to hijack but did anyone see Scott Fujita's "accidental trip" into Steve Smith's knee in the Saints Panthers game. Not as bloody but I heard on the Mort report that the league was reviewing that play as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                    While I was open to a season long ban, I also feel like this is too "slappy on the wristy." I saw Fisher on TV talking about how this length of suspension was "unprecedented." Yea, and our punter got 4 for taking ephedra. What gives?
                    You know? That's a very interesting point. Good point.

I think that 5 games is enough (Especially since the previous was 2, over twice as much). The key what people don't look at here is money. Since he won't get pay...he's losing a lot of money.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                    2. Taxes
                    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

He should be out atleast as long as Gurode is out for the injury, however long that is.

Oh well, the punishment is done, I would have hoped he would have been gone for the season considering that was some dumb crap. Let's see how Commisioner Goodell would feel if it was his face under the cleet, see how he feels about 5 games.
                      sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                      Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!

Not too bad. I mean for God's sake folks he's rich. I can make do with it If I had to live off $100,000 dollars. Just spend less. NOt as much Cristol and Patron Parties He'll be fine
                        "No one can be told what the Matrix is....You have to see it for yourself"

sigpic

"Playoffs? Playoffs? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a freakin' game!"- Jim Mora- IND Colts

Comment

Haynesworth to be sued???

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9701150

Gurode playing the waiting game now:
                          Adam Schefter

(Oct. 2, 2006) -- The NFL made its call, suspending Tennessee defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth for five games without pay for stomping on Dallas offensive lineman Andre Gurode, and now Haynesworth is trying to make his own call.

Haynesworth spent part of Monday trying to get Gurode's telephone number so the Titans lineman could call and personally apologize for his egregious behavior during Sunday's game.

A person close to Gurode, who spoke with him Monday, said the Cowboys lineman is receptive to Haynesworth's telephone call, but he has one question.

"He just keeps asking, 'Why did the dude did it?'" the person close to Gurode said Monday. "That's what he wants to know."

Once Gurode hears Hayneworth's explanation, he then will decide whether or not to file a criminal complaint with the Tennessee District Attorney's office. "Andre hasn't ruled anything out," the person close to Gurode said early Monday evening.

A spokeswoman from the office said Monday she had not heard from Gurode, nor any of his representatives, and her office would not launch a criminal investigation unless it did.

Meanwhile, Gurode had other more pressing matters to deal with Monday. He spent the day meeting with a plastic surgeon, being apprised of the best ways to deal with the seven lacerations and 30 stitches that Haynesworth left him with. It is still possible that his client could play Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Gurode, just like a pending lawsuit, hasn't been ruled out. At least not as of Monday night, prior to the telephone conversation between Gurode and Haynesworth.

But clearly, Haynesworth has some explaining to do. In 2002, he dropped to the 15th overall selection on the basis of the character questions that some teams had about him. At Tennessee, Haynesworth was known to get frustrated and toss around his helmet.

Then, in the last week of the 2003 season, Haynesworth exchanged heated words with backup Titans backup offensive tackle Matt Martin before hitting him in the back of the head. Head coach Jeff Fisher screamed at Haynesworth, and the verbal sparring continued in Fisher's office after practice. Fisher placed Haynesworth on the inactive list for the Week 17 game versus Tampa Bay.

This past May, Haynesworth was involved in a road rage incident, but those charges later were dismissed.

Explaining his client's behavior, Haynesworth's agent, Chad Alan Speck said: "Albert's had some minor incidents over his career that were not unlike other incidents that other players have had. Anybody who knows Albert knows he's not a thug, not a bad person."

Haynesworth now will have a big price to pay, way beyond the $190,070 he will lose in fines -- $38,014 for each of the five games he will miss -- from this suspension.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Good. They need to send a strong message. Just becasue you are playing football, a physical sport...assualt is NOT ok!

Comment

He should have been arrested on the spot and gone for the season. I was watching the toughman on tv. the guy was getting beat. So he tackled his challenger and started hitting him. He got hauled off by the police. Pretty bad when a low level outfit handles criminals better than the NFL.
                              Wow, manning has us soaring to new heights.

Comment

Working...
                              X