No announcement yet.

Wow, Tiki Barber blasted ESPN

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
    Tiki and Ronde were on NFL network last night. That was a hilarious interview when they were smack talking each other about this weekend's game.

It was great. I really like those guys.
    I was watching that too, I thought the interview was great and hilarious. Especially them arguing over who their mom liked better
    Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

About time somebody said something about Irvins dumb ass. He is terrible.

Comment

Yes, Barber is SO much of a quitter that he leads his team in yards from scrimmage.

He is such a distraction that all the other players resent him for retiring.

I think what you have here is two ex-athletes who have never done anything outside of sports related work, completely clueless as to why someone would willingly walk away while still able to physically perform.

Not that it is anyone's business.

But, maybe, just maybe, at 31, he knows the end is near anyway. He would rather NOT risk a seriosu injury by hanging on too long.

And maybe, just maybe, having gone to UVA (not exactly a diploma mill/football factory...he had to earn that degree), he seeks mental stimulation elsewhere.

I salue any player for knowing when to walk way and being resolute in that decision.

It's not like he quit right before training camp or anything. The Giants have lots of time to decide what to do at RB.

Where's Irvin calling Favre an idiot for waiting soooooooo long to decide what he wanted to do?

Where's Jackson calling T.O. a distraction?

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

My Two Cents

Originally posted by Jared
          Yes, Barber is SO much of a quitter that he leads his team in yards from scrimmage.

He is such a distraction that all the other players resent him for retiring.

I think what you have here is two ex-athletes who have never done anything outside of sports related work, completely clueless as to why someone would willingly walk away while still able to physically perform.

But, maybe, just maybe, at 31, he knows the end is near anyway. He would rather NOT risk a seriosu injury by hanging on too long.

And maybe, just maybe, having gone to UVA (not exactly a diploma mill/football factory...he had to earn that degree), he seeks mental stimulation elsewhere.

I salue any player for knowing when to walk way and being resolute in that decision.

It's not like he quit right before training camp or anything. The Giants have lots of time to decide what to do at RB.

Where's Irvin calling Favre an idiot for waiting soooooooo long to decide what he wanted to do?

I couldn't agree with you more! Tiki is one of the most articulate and well rounded individuals that has graced the NFL Field. I don't want to make this about race, but it is good to see a black athlete not living down to the stereotype that so many of us do. I was not dissapointed in Tom Jackson. He is entitled to his opinion as a journalist. Even if I disagree I don't judge him for his opinion. As far as Irvin is concerned I think he is an arrogant pompous ass who couldn't string together a decent sentence if his life depended on it. Who is he to call anyone out on matters of moral aptitude. I say good job Tiki for being your own man!
          Broncos! When it absolutely, positively has to be delivered by ground over night!

Officially Objectified by the GPA! I am moving Up!!!!

Comment

HYPE is what Mark Packer calls ESPN on the sports talk station down here. I'm not surprised to hear anything their commentators say. I did think it was strange timing on Tiki's part. I respect him and can understand why he did it. He doesn't owe anyone an explanation.

Comment

He didn't blast ESPN he blasted the idiot michael irvin.

And he had every right to.

Why isn't Irvin fired yet?
              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I like Tiki, hes a class act and so is Ronde

I dont see hows hes being a disraction, ever since he said that they have been winning

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver
                  He didn't blast ESPN he blasted the idiot michael irvin.

And he had every right to.

Why isn't Irvin fired yet?
                  what i meant by ESPN was, the fact that 3 of the people he blasted are affiliated with ESPN in the first place, and a majority of thier NFL people got blasted, the people that specialize in NFL and only NFL...

Comment

Originally posted by Jared

Jared I only chose part of your quote to address.

Yes TJ is an ex-athlete but to say he did nothing since his career ended I have to disagree with. I believe IMO that he has done a good job as anylist next to Boomer on the desk for 10+ years now. I understand you are saying that "outside of sports" is your topic but at least TJ as kept it real.

Michael Irvin is in no way related to or can be compared to TJ and what he has accomplished as a respected opinionist.

I think that Jackson as well as all the others avoided the TO subject like I wish everyone would.

They claim that TO "held the NFL hostage"

In who's eyes? If TO fell off the face of the earth I would give a rat's ass.

I was a little surprised to see so much negative talk about our beloved TJ. I thought the guy was pretty level headed about his analysis each week.
                    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by robertmcleod123
                      I like Tiki, hes a class act and so is Ronde

I dont see hows hes being a disraction, ever since he said that they have been winning
                      I agree those 2 are very classy guys. You dont see them in the news getting busted with cocaine at their birthday party *hint hint* Michael Irvin or get pulled over with drug paraphernalia and say oh it was my friends, it was my brothers. and I was going to throw the pipe away but I forgot.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎