how can rex grossman be over rated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can rex grossman be over rated?

how the heck am i starting to hear that rex grossman is over rated? This is his first season where he's played for more than 3 games. The only time he has trouble is when teams apply constant pressure and the o line has trouble. Combine that with the fact that he wideouts are just now starting to play up to their potential. I think Grossman will only get better from here.

So someone please explain how people think he is over rated?
    Glen Haven Fire

Hes overrated for the fact that at first he was tearing it up and people were beginnin to say he is the best thing since sliced bread but now he is playing like a normal qb and people are like WUT HAPPENED...

When nothing really happened: the league has enough tape of him now to mess wit him a lil bit...

If you are lookin at him as the best thing since sliced bread I agree he is overated.

for a first year starter for more than three games however I think he is doin a lil above expected.
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
      Hes overrated for the fact that at first he was tearing it up and people were beginnin to say he is the best thing since sliced bread but now he is playing like a normal qb and people are like WUT HAPPENED...

When nothing really happened: the league has enough tape of him now to mess wit him a lil bit...

If you are lookin at him as the best thing since sliced bread I agree he is overated.

for a first year starter for more than three games however I think he is doin a lil above expected.
      your last sentence is exactly how it really is. As fas as a bears qbs go he is the best thing since sliced bread. Look at his statistics compared to other bears qb's and you'll see why he's one of the best they've had and it hasnt been a complete season yet. People seem to forget that the bears as an organization have never had a stellar qb and that includes their superbowl qb mcmahon.
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I live in Chicago... And they're in the same boat the Broncos are in... They thought their QB was getting wins, but lately its the defence that can pull anything off.

But GOD! Bears fans are annoying... da bears...

Comment

He started hot, now hes really fizzling. The #1 D is carrying him in some games.

Hes got a great arm, that leads to big plays from guys such as Berrian. Yet he makes some stupid mistakes and hes not efficient (56.7% completion this year so far, compare that to Jakes 55.6%).

He just seems to be a big play guy who can be stopped pretty easily sometimes.

Comment

He sucks! When it counts he blows! Griese is better than him and even showed it in preseason. I can't believe they still start him.

Comment

Originally posted by Intercooler
              He sucks! When it counts he blows! Griese is better than him and even showed it in preseason. I can't believe they still start him.

Wow...

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1986
                Wow...
                Just being honest!

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation
                  how the heck am i starting to hear that rex grossman is over rated? This is his first season where he's played for more than 3 games. The only time he has trouble is when teams apply constant pressure and the o line has trouble. Combine that with the fact that he wideouts are just now starting to play up to their potential. I think Grossman will only get better from here.

So someone please explain how people think he is over rated?
                  I dont know. At the beginning of the season he was on fire, and now he's not. He's not over rated by any means though.
                  sigpic

Comment

Packers, Lions, Seahawks, Bills, Niners, Cards? They have the easiest schedule of opposing defenses early on and all year for all that goes.

Vikings- 2 Int
                    Cardinals - 4 Int
                    Dolphins- 3 Int
                    Giants- 1 Int

Other than New England this week and the Vikings one more time they play nobody.

In the games where the defenses are half good he has shown his true colors.

To be "Real" IMO you have to be > 60% completion % and > 2:1 TD/Int %. He doesn't make either.

Comment

Another big game against a decent D and another goose egg. He sucks!

CP/AT YDS TD INT
                      R. Grossman 15/34 176 0 3 Int's

Comment

CP/AT YDS TD INT

Yep, he gift wrapped that game for my Patriots. Most Bears fans don't care for his reckless play and want to see Griese.

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

Originally posted by PatsCrowEater
                          Yep, he gift wrapped that game for my Patriots. Most Bears fans don't care for his reckless play and want to see Griese.
                          Rex was putrid yesterday. Anytime he faces a good defense (Pats and Dolpins), he looks like a turnover machine.

Griese would do better IMHO.
                          NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

CP/AT YDS TD INT

wow so in his first year (thats not even completed) of real play, and he's already getting thrown to the wolves. I think your forgetting that he is a young qb and is maturing. There should not be any comparison to griese or plummer as both of those qb's are experienced vets. I would still consider rex to be a young one. Give the young man a break, he is still learning.
                            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation
                              wow so in his first year (thats not even completed) of real play, and he's already getting thrown to the wolves. I think your forgetting that he is a young qb and is maturing. There should not be any comparison to griese or plummer as both of those qb's are experienced vets. I would still consider rex to be a young one. Give the young man a break, he is still learning.
                              I agree to a point Armed. I am hard on Rex because I see immense talent there.

I was just very upset at his last int. He threw the ball up for grabs. It was not like there was 20 sec left in the game. I was disappointed as I really felt Chicago would win the game. but what do i know
                              NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Working...
                              X