Coach of the year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach of the year?

Who, in your opinion, is coach of the year at this point?

Tony Dungy - One misstep vs the Cowboys but otherwise flawless

Lovie Smith - Assembled the best defense in the NFL

Marty Schottenheimer - Smart enough to go away from "Martyball" and switch to "Air Marty"

Brian Billick - Brought in Steve McNair. Fired his O-coordinator when he was inneffective and got his offense on track.

Sean Payton - Wow! What a turn around in the Big Easy. New Orleans is for real.

Other (explain why in a post)
    Tony Dungy
    2.44%
    Lovie Smith
    0.00%
    Mart Schottenheimer
    9.76%
    Brian Billick
    9.76%
    Sean Payton
    68.29%
    Other
    9.76%

Sean Payton.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
    - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
      Sean Payton.
      Ditto. :thumb:
      sigpic

Comment

Sean Payton - Wow! What a turn around in the Big Easy. New Orleans is for real.
        Thanks for the Sig "rjent"sigpic

Comment

Sean Payton...what a turnaround for that city

Comment

I picked Brian Billick.....

bringing in McNair.....turning the team around from all defensive production.....to offensive form.....giving them production on both sides of the ball.....and did that by firing his o-cordinator....that deserves props.....

also winning a division with the Bengals....and defending superbowl champions.....

give props where props are due.....
            "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
            -The best in the business-

Comment

Looking at them, All of the coaches listed are worthy of COTY. It'll come down to which is most successful at the end of they year IMO.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
                Sean Payton.
                Same Sean Payton turned around the Saints and get a nice track going I would't be shocked if he got Coach of the Year.

Comment

If he keeps doing what he's doing then Payton by a mile.

Just think what would have happened if they signed Cullpepper instead

Comment

Sean Payton-Just look at New Orleans. Possible 2nd seed in the NFC.

Honorable Mention: Brian Billick-Proving that he deserves to keep his job. Air McNair, Trevor Pryce, Haloti Nagta... all these aqusitions are proving to be worthwhile. plus the firing of Fassel has really opened up their offense. ( i honestly think we would have lost to them earlier in the season if Billick had been calling the plays as opposed to Fassel, thank god they kept him long enough for us to get the W)

Comment

Originally posted by bruce80_267
                      Same Sean Payton turned around the Saints and get a nice track going I would't be shocked if he got Coach of the Year.
                      Hey, I tried sending you a PM to keep it discreet, Your PM's are full, but you spelled Cutler wrong in your sig.....sorry.
                      :offtopic:
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze
                        Hey, I tried sending you a PM to keep it discreet, Your PM's are full, but you spelled Cutler wrong in your sig.....sorry.
                        :offtopic:
                        I will not laugh but that's just silly

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
                          I will not laugh but that's just silly
                          yea I didnt want to embarrass the guy, but I couldnt look at it for much longer. Sorry.
                          sigpic

Comment

Sean Peyton

Comment

Payton................hands down

Comment

Working...
                              X