Jr. Seau Possibly out for remainder of year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jr. Seau Possibly out for remainder of year

Looks like he has a broken arm and could miss the rest of the season.
    The Pats are gonna need him in the playoffs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2676780

Patriots LB Seau leaves Bears game with arm injury

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots linebacker Junior Seau, who came out of retirement for one last run at a Super Bowl, left Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears with an injury to his right arm and would not return.

After initially reporting his return was doubtful, the team said in the third quarter that Seau was out for the game.

The 12-time Pro Bowl selection went to the turf with just under nine minutes left in the second quarter after tackling Cedric Benson for no gain at the Chicago 25-yard line. He walked off after a few minutes, waving to the cheering fans with his left hand while a trainer held his right arm still for him. Seau's arm appeared to be wrapped in a soft cast.

Seau played for his hometown San Diego Chargers for 13 years before they cut him loose in 2003. He played three seasons for the Miami Dolphins before reluctantly announcing his retirement this August.

Four days later, he came out of retirement and to New England, where he was reunited with former Chargers teammate Rodney Harrison. They'll get to spend some more time together in the training room: Harrison has missed three consecutive games with a shoulder injury, reportedly a broken bone.

The Patriots also lost offensive lineman Ryan O'Callaghan to a neck injury in the second quarter, and he was ruled out for the rest of the game. Bears linebacker Leon Joe left the game early in the first with a hamstring injury and was not expected to return.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
    sigpic

He'll be back, you got my word on that.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
      He'll be back, you got my word on that.
      Back as in this season? Or you mean he'll come back next season?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze
        Back as in this season? Or you mean he'll come back next season?
        He'll be back in this seasons second season..
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
          He'll be back in this seasons second season..
          Oh, you mean the Playoffs. Gotcha! It's possible I suppose.......:thumb:
          sigpic

Comment

Isnt Seau a grandpa? That old fool doesn't know when to stop. Broken arm will take a long time to heal, possibly he will miss the playoff too since you need arm to tackle.
            XBL: The1Executioner

Comment

Originally posted by The Executioner
              Isnt Seau a grandpa? That old fool doesn't know when to stop. Broken arm will take a long time to heal, possibly he will miss the playoff too since you need arm to tackle.
              Yea, he is really old.

I like your sigs by the way!! You do good work!
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, he was having a very good year before he got hurt. Patriots will miss him.

His arm was broken pretty bad. It looks like his stellar career is finally over.

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

Yeah i saw that, one leg went one way on his arm while the other went the other.

If you weren't looking for it, you wouldnt have seen his arm. It was close to his wrist,
                  but it was still the forearm.
                  Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

It looked like the bone in his forearm completely broke...his hand was just dangling...first thought was that his career is over when you consider he was ready to retire before the year even started. Too bad.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

That was crazy. It looked like he had 2 elbows on his right arm.

I think he's done. That's a shame to. I hate the Pats and the Chargers, but Seau is a class act and was a great player.

Comment

Did you see it. It looked so gross. From what I could see that is nothing that is going to heal quickly.

Bummer I really Like Junior. He is a class act & a nice guy in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Missin#7
                          Did you see it. It looked so gross. From what I could see that is nothing that is going to heal quickly.

Bummer I really Like Junior. He is a class act & a nice guy in person.
                          After the game Belichick asked his team to say a prayer for Junior so the break is very serious.

That was probably the last play of his illustrious career so it should be noted that his last play went for a 1 yard loss!

Junior's the man!

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

A broken arm is bad, but not as bad as a torn muscle or something.

He MAY be back.

But you have to wonder if that is how his career will end.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                            You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                            X