Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which *young* RB would you want if you were starting a franchise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the Phins fan in that Maroney is getting a little too much love.

He may look good in spurts or on the highlights, but he's only really had two good games and he's been splitting time all year. That may sound contradictory, but my point is that he hasn't "done it" as a no. 1 yet in his career.

I should keep track of how many times "Laurence Maroney" is said on NFL Live this week. He's everybody's favorite...for sure.

Keep in mind, Shanny also said Kevan Barlow was a beast when he came out...

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
      I agree with the Phins fan in that Maroney is getting a little too much love.

He may look good in spurts or on the highlights, but he's only really had two good games and he's been splitting time all year. That may sound contradictory, but my point is that he hasn't "done it" as a no. 1 yet in his career.

I should keep track of how many times "Laurence Maroney" is said on NFL Live this week. He's everybody's favorite...for sure.

Keep in mind, Shanny also said Kevan Barlow was a beast when he came out...

so WA. . . . are you trying to say that kevan barlow isn't a beast?

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Choosing from that list is hard so I’ve narrowed it down to 3.

Kevin Jones
        Stephen Jackson
        Frank Gore

I’m leaning towards Jackson.
        The All Blacks, the greatest team on the planet!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD1_puuceg0

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
          nah, he doesn't blow-- the rest of that offense blows!

he's still a great natural runner with all the tools to succeed. . . but they can't block worth a damn, and they have no passing game to take the pressure off. . . without a strong-armed QB to stretch the field throwing to galloway, cadillac's their only legit offensive weapon. . . .
          oh agreed... I am actually a fan of Caddy's. My point was that everyone was on his jock last year, now noone cares about him. I think its the same with Maroney. I just havent been that impressed when watching him play...

Dont get me wrong... he is good. I just dont think he is close to the best young RB. I would put him around #5... behind KJones, Ronnie, Stephen Jackson, and Frank Gore...

Comment

For me, its Gore he has no offensive line to speak of and yet he bust out the big one. Plus he's one of the youngest of the bunch.
            Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Bush would have been big in this poll. Anyway, I will take Gore. He is a power in the *ahem* San Francisco offense.....

:salute:

Comment

I'd take Frank Gore, from THE U.
                sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

I don't think you could gor wrong with many of these back's..........but I would chose either S. Jackson or F. Gore.

Jackson is so well rounded in every department.........the guy never needs to come off the field because he can do everything.

Gore...........let me just put it this way.........could anyone that doen't play fantasy football name another offensive threat for the 49ers? This guy has been an absolute beast this year..........and lets not forget this is the guy that was slated to start in front of Clinton Portis and Willis Mcgahee in Miami before he injured his knees.

Comment

Upon further review, I rank these backs as follows:

1. Stephen Jackson -- WHY didn't we draft him? We had to take DJ Williams instead who has been a non-factor most of this and last season. Bad mistake on Shanny's part. Of all the backs on this list, he is the most proven, albeit not by much.

2. Frank Gore -- He was injured a lot at the U, but he was the starter ahead of both Portis and McGahee at one point, as he was Miami's star RB recruit out of high-school. He is living up to his potential in a big way on the big stage right now.

3. Ronnie Brown -- Arguably the most physically-gifted of all the backs on this list, and that's saying something. Has the potential to be a Larry Johnson type back, but needs to stay healthy like Johnson has to prove it. Plus he trucked Champ pretty good the last time the Broncos and Dolphins faced off.

Comment

I agree with Grid.....

Gore's knees scare me too much.

I voted for Ronnie Brown! He's got it all. Plus there isn't a lot of miles on him considering he's shared duties every year except this one.

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                        Maroney actually came into this weekend as one of the NFL's top three backs in terms of average yards after contact.
                        That doesnt mean he gets tough yards...

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                          Maybe not, but it's not exactly the hallmark of a guy who goes down easily either.
                          Agreed. But alot of his yac are ones where he makes a guy miss with his quickness, and the guy only gets a hand on him. When he hits a pile it goes no where...

Comment

Working...
                          X