Vick is a good quarterback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vick is a good quarterback

I hate when people claim this guy has no game and is a bad quarterback. He just needs some more offensive power he cant do it on his own.

Originally posted by BetMania
    I hate when people claim this guy has no game and is a bad quarterback. He just needs some more offensive power he cant do it on his own.
    I agree, he needs some recievers that can catch other than crumpler, defenses double him and thier recievers are open, and yet they still can't catch, i can probably be reciever for the falcons right now
    sigpic

Comment

Dawg, I cannot believe what I read in the paper about this guy. He is a solid quarterback. If they want to talk about a crappy quarterback they should talk about Kurt Warner. Talk about a fricking bum

Comment

Dawg, I cannot believe what I read in the paper about this guy. He is a solid quarterback. If they want to talk about a crappy quarterback they should talk about Kurt Warner. Talk about a fricking bum
        He has a SB ring and victory plus one of the best seasons EVER

Comment

Originally posted by Intercooler
          He has a SB ring and victory plus one of the best seasons EVER

Yeah...Greatest Show on Turf...kind of like Randall Cunningham for the Vikings in 1998.
          Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

No kidding, his passes hit his receivers in the hands and they just don't catch them. He might not be the most accurate passer in the NFL, but he certainly has a cannon for an arm and has moves like no other quarterback has ever had. Not to mention the fact that he gives his team a chance to win every game. Just imagine where the Falcons would be without him...
            Me, my friend, and Rod Smith
            Myspace? Who uses that? Now happily accepting friend requests.

Thanks, tnedator!
            We'll miss you more than you could ever know, Darrent and Damien. We already do. R.I.P., D-Will and Damien Nash. :'(

Comment

my god people shut up with this stuff, vick can not pass period. you want proof of a good quarterback who makes up for drops ok here you go Drew Brees. Hes has had more drops by receivers then vicks, many of which cost us points, games, first downs etc. Still they are 7 and 4 and brees is in the mvp hunt. In that game against atlanta, N.O.only had two count it two less drops then Atlanta, don't believe me download a torrent of the game cause i have it on my computer right now! Not to mention that game was the least amount of drops this team has had since week 4! They also had many in their first two games also.

Vick cannot throw past 15 yards with any sort of touch or accuracy, in the short game he just rifles balls and lacks any touch to help his receivers make the catch(yes good receivers should make the catch but look at N.O. again copper and henderson have a hard time catching hard throws over the middle and from brees no less, so the QB puts a little more touch on it and bing they make the same catch they dropped before.). A good quarterback works with receivers and makes bad receivers better and makes good receivers great, vick does neither. He makes poor decisisions and can't read defenses. I heard an intresting fact about Vick and his ability to read defenses presnap. An Atlanta falcons fan, confirmed by many over at saintsreport and checked by me on all the games i have of his, Vick never audibles at the line of scrimmage, something every quarterback is expected to be able to do, vick can't do it. The new orleans game is prime example why his style doesn't work he can run up and down the field for hundreds of yards but you have to be able to make the passing plays to get a TD and be more then one dimensional, he can't do it with his arm.

He lacks the number one thing a quarterback needs to be to get that sort of fighting production out of their receivers and that is leadership. No receiver wants to play for a guy who tells the media he would like to have the colts receivers for a week or every time the game isn't won he spreads the blame to everyone else besides him. Brees could have blamed many loses on the receivers but he took the mature way of doing things like most good qbs do and kept his mouth shut and just worked on improving what he could.

You want to mention his little streak of luck games he had this season with his good passing numbers. just remember last year he claimed he was gonna buckle down and be a pocket passer, a real quarterback who only runs as a last resort, how well did that work out for the team and himself? people need to get of this guy he is not great, not good not even average in the passing game, he is only gonna have a few more years on his body running the way he does and when thats over and he is forced to pass more then run the team will fail worse then it is now because he has not improved in any significant way in the passing game since his first year in the Nfl.
              Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 11-29-2006, 07:41 AM.

Comment

I really don't pay them (critics) any attention when they try to dis Vick. All I have to do is look back at Steve Young's (brief) career with the Bucs, and I can see a young Vick. When Steve Young was with the Bucs, they were 3-16 in his two years with them. 11 (TDs) and 21 (INTS). 600 yards rushing and 6 TDs. Put Steve Young with 49ers, of the 1980s, and BAM!!! His first year with 49ers, Steve Young had 10 TDs!!! Surround Vick with that much talent, O-line, and a top five defense, Vick would be in the playoffs every year and knocking on the door of a Super Bowl.

So, when critics are all over Vick, I don't pay them any attention.

Comment

Originally posted by N.O.Bronco
                  my god people shut up with this stuff, vick can not pass period. you want proof of a good quarterback who makes up for drops ok here you go Drew Brees. Hes has had more drops by receivers then vicks, many of which cost us points, games, first downs etc. Still they are 7 and 4 and brees is in the mvp hunt. In that game against atlanta, N.O.only had two count it two less drops then Atlanta, don't believe me download a torrent of the game cause i have it on my computer right now! Not to mention that game was the least amount of drops this team has had since week 4! They also had many in their first two games also.

Vick cannot throw past 15 yards with any sort of touch or accuracy, in the short game he just rifles balls and lacks any touch to help his receivers make the catch. A good quarterback works with receivers and makes bad receivers better and makes good receivers great, vick does neither. He makes poor decisisions and can't read defenses. I heard an intresting fact about Vick and his ability to read defenses presnap. An Atlanta falcons fan, confirmed by many over at saintsreport and checked by me on all the games i have of his, Vick never audibles at the line of scrimmage, something every quarterback is expected to be able to do, vick can't do it. The new orleans game is prime example why his style doesn't work he can run up and down the field for hundreds of yards but you have to be able to make the passing plays to get a TD and be more then one dimensional, he can't do it with his arm.

He lacks the number one thing a quarterback needs to be to get that sort of fighting production out of their receivers and that is leadership. No receiver wants to play for a guy who tells the media he would like to have the colts receivers for a week or every time the game isn't won he spreads the blame to everyone else besides him. Brees could have blamed many loses on the receivers but he took the mature way of doing things like most good qbs do and kept his mouth shut and just worked on improving what he could.

You want to mention his little streak of luck games he had this season with his good passing numbers. just remember last year he claimed he was gonna buckle down and be a pocket passer, a real quarterback who only runs as a last resort, how well did that work out for the team and himself? people need to get of this guy he is not great, not good not even average in the passing game, he is only gonna have a few more years on his body running the way he does and when thats over and he is forced to pass more then run the team will fail worse then it is now because he has not improved in any significant way in the passing game since his first year in the Nfl.

Are you high? Vick can pass more than 15 yards. Vick can pass over 50 yards. As far ws him being able to make changes at the line, not all QBs have that out. That goes to the coaches, not the QBs. Vick can't QB, Please!!! People were saying the same thing about Drew Brees or any other QB. Give Vick an O-line, a better coach, and some people that can catch, and watch hime take off.

Comment

Originally posted by JellyBean2144
                    I really don't pay them (critics) any attention when they try to dis Vick. All I have to do is look back at Steve Young's (brief) career with the Bucs, and I can see a young Vick. When Steve Young was with the Bucs, they were 3-16 in his two years with them. 11 (TDs) and 21 (INTS). 600 yards rushing and 6 TDs. Put Steve Young with 49ers, of the 1980s, and BAM!!! His first year with 49ers, Steve Young had 10 TDs!!! Surround Vick with that much talent, O-line, and a top five defense, Vick would be in the playoffs every year and knocking on the door of a Super Bowl.

So, when critics are all over Vick, I don't pay them any attention.
                    Young could pass end of story, read my last post, vick will never win a ring unless he has a defense to carry him like baltimore, once vick goes against a team with the ability to stop their running and with good corners Vick will lose everytime, he has no accuracy compared to 80 percent of the other QBs in this league

Comment

Young could pass end of story, read my last post, vick will never win a ring unless he has a defense to carry him like baltimore, once vick goes against a team with the ability to stop their running and with good corners Vick will lose everytime, he has no accuracy compared to 80 percent of the other QBs in this league

Yeah, once he got to a team that could catch his passes, and o-line that could give him time to pass, and remember a defense. And accuracy does not matter if the people can't catch.

Comment

Are you high? Vick can pass more than 15 yards. Vick can pass over 50 yards. As far ws him being able to make changes at the line, not all QBs have that out. That goes to the coaches, not the QBs. Vick can't QB, Please!!! People were saying the same thing about Drew Brees or any other QB. Give Vick an O-line, a better coach, and some people that can catch, and watch hime take off.

read my post yes he can pass fifty yards he has a cannon but HE HAS NO ACCURACY DEEP, NO TOUCH. Their was a reason last season when Espn did a stat, opinion piece with all the old QBs/analysts that vick came in dead last in terms of his deep ball ability. Just look at the N.O. game he had a receiver wide open, I mean 5 yards of seperation and he threw the ball 3 yards to the left of the receiver to where he couldn't even try to catch it. He did this several times in his first meeting with us too and every year prior. I am not gonna even try to argue you because i provided you with the reasons why vick is not good and you just choose to ignore it with dumb well give him receiver comments, as opposed to trying to prove me wrong with real observations stats, game tape etc.
                        Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 11-29-2006, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Yeah, once he got to a team that could catch his passes, and o-line that could give him time to pass, and remember a defense. And accuracy does not matter if the people can't catch.
                          Atlantas defense, is ranked higher then new orleans except in pass defense, thats only because teams can generally run at will aginst them. What the heck do you mean accuracy doesnt matter if they can't catch? even if they can catch, if he has no accuracy why the heck would they be able to catch it then? you really are just talking out your butt here and i am done debating you until you provide some meaningful point as to why vick is a good QB, is it his win record, can't be that! is it his great completion percentage, can't be that, his leadership, cant be that, so what is it that makes him good,his running that hets few TDs, the idea that maybe if he got the perfect team around him he would do well, well you know what they call that, a game manager, not a great or good quarterback. Atlanta has changed coaches, players, ofeense, defense and the only constant in all those things has been Vick still is not completing passes and winning football games! And dont just ignore my first post and argue these opinions and try and dodge my real recourse to your statement. If your argument is blind hope that he may be good then state it as such because all evidence points to the contrary.
                          Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 11-29-2006, 08:06 AM.

Comment

read my post yes he can pass fifty yards he has a cannon but HE HAS NO ACCURACY DEEP, NO TOUCH. Their was a reason last season when Espn did a stat, opinion piece with all the old QBs/analysts that vick came in dead last in terms of his deep ball ability. Just look at the N.O. game he had a receiver wide open, I mean 5 yards of seperation and he threw the ball 3 yards to the left of the receiver to where he couldn't even try to catch it. He did this several times in his first meeting with us too and every year prior. I am not gonna even try to argue you because i provided you with the reasons why vick is not good and you just choose to ignore it with dumb well give him receiver comments, as opposed to trying to prove me wrong with real observations stats, game tape etc.
                            One time, just once, try forming your own opinion of Vick by watching him play
                            through the good and through the bad instead of just reading newspaper
                            clippings.

You have no clue what your talking about, and there is a lil thing in football that
                            doesnt register to you... Its called timing, if a ball was thrown only 3 yards to the
                            side of any WR, he would catch it if its deep. He would have plenty of time. Now,
                            if Vick threw the ball on a rope, it was because it was a timing route.

Meaning the QB and the WR have to be on the same page, and Vick's WRs are
                            terrible. When a WR is supposed to be 10 yards down the field in 2 seconds, and
                            they get there in 4 seconds of course the pass will be bad.

When a WR undercuts a route, the throw will sneak up on him, making once again
                            Vick look bad. When Vick reads cover 2, but the younger Atl. WR's read nothing,
                            Vick is going to make a differnt pass.... say a bullet for an out when the WR thinks
                            think seam will be open. Well obvisouly against the cover 2 the seam route isnt
                            open, but the young WR didnt see that. Once again creating the illusion that Vick
                            made the mistake.

What exactl is Vick supposed to do when his WRs dropped more passes than they
                            caught, I.E. last week? Is he supposed to apply stick-em to their hands, is that also
                            his job in your mind?

Like i said, just quit reading newspaper clippings.
                            Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Last edited by BroncsSB#3; 11-29-2006, 02:02 PM.
                              2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

Working...
                              X