Here's something I never thought I'd hear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's something I never thought I'd hear

I don't know how many read Carucci's column, but Drew Brees is currently on course to beat Dan Marion's single season yardage record

Will the New Orleans Saints keep up their pass-happy ways and continue to run away with the NFC South against a San Francisco 49ers team fading fast from the playoff picture?

Yes.

The Saints have the most prolific quarterback in the league in Drew Brees, who has thrown for more than 300 yards in each of his last five games. Brees is on pace to break the single-season record that Dan Marino set in 1984 when he threw for 5,084 yards. With his multiple game-breaking receivers and excellent skills in reading coverages and making decisions with the ball, Brees should be able to put up more impressive numbers against one of the worst pass defenses in the league.
    Burning questions for Week 13 - Vic Carucci

(actually, by my reckoning, Brees would end up about 50 yards short)

But wouldn't that just stick in PM's craw

And I believe that Farve is only 10 TDs shy of Marino, all time.

And LT's in with a real good chance of breaking the rushing (& total?) TD record.

Any other big records that may be broken in the rest of the year?
    The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

I have to say, I've been very impressed with Drew Brees this year.

In fact, the whole team seems to be on the up and up.

Expect them to be a contender for a few years.

Comment

Yeah, it seems that Drew Brees has done a good job giving the Saints a fighting chance. If Drew can stay healthy for the rest of his carrer and have Bush develop into the back that everyone expects, this team will be tough to beat. They a decent Defense right now, if they keep building their team like they did this off season, they could end up being one of the best teams in the NFC.

Comment

186 today, drops Brees further behind the curve
        The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
        BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
        You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Working...
        X