Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domonique Byrd--Face Stabber!

ANOTHER PLAYER ARRESTED

Maybe the NFL's theory is to get enough players arrested to make the fans and the media numb to it all.

We're being facetious (we think . . . and thanks, Tiki). But there's got to be an explanation for this rash of arrests. Or, more accurately, for the inability of the NFL and its 32 member teams to persuade its employees to not engage in behavior that might get them arrested. Or get other people hurt. Or worse.

The latest guy in handcuffs is Rams rookie tight end Dominique Byrd, a third-round draft choice out of USC. The charge? Stabbing a bar patron in the face with a broken bottle in the wee hours after the team's home loss to the Cardinals.

Nice. God rest ye merry gentlemen, or something.

Dear NFL, please don't let incidents like this kill the sport we love. Plenty of guys can play football at a high level. The league needs to find a way to improve this situation before the folks who are spending their time and money following football find something else on which to spend their money and time. And they will. Just ask the NBA, which is trying its damnedest to force the toothpaste back into the tube, and getting toothpaste all over the place in the process.

Profootballtalk.com
    Once a ******, always a ******.

Originally posted by WABronco
    Once a trojan, always a ******.
    Word.

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien
      Word.
      We could've drafted this dope too...

Comment

There could be more to the story, i think since they are athlete people forget they
        are also people.

I dont care who you are, sometimes incidents are unavoidable.
        Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

this is one reason we think KC (and others) play so bad on the road. away from home and family and these after hours antics. these guys do party hardy thru the night before games. I assume this happened in st louis ???? I used to see lots of players in the hotel bar here across from the staduim. man they had a good ole time till it closed.

Comment

Originally posted by kcvet
            this is one reason we think KC (and others) play so bad on the road. away from home and family and these after hours antics. [B]these guys do party hardy thru the night before games. I assume this happened in st louis ?[/B]??? I used to see lots of players in the hotel bar here across from the staduim. man they had a good ole time till it closed.
            It was after the game. And yes, it was in St. Louis.

The latest guy in handcuffs is Rams rookie tight end Dominique Byrd, a third-round draft choice out of USC. The charge? Stabbing a bar patron in the face with a broken bottle in the wee hours after the team's home loss to the Cardinals.

Comment

Working...
            X