Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE NO QUINN TO THE raiders!!! Go to LIONS!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    Seriously? Walter???? Man, I tell you what... as a Bronco fan, I hope you guys keep Walter as your QB. That guy sucks.
    Same with Cutler,(keeping him that is) who I believe had a much better line more time to learn the same offense, which is much much more modern than what Oakland has thrown out there.

    Take away Seattle's bad tackling, and he had one lousy game. But hey, it was his first, so slack will be cut.

    Walter is not the problem. Look at the offense he was running. Look at the line that protected him. Look at how long it took him to memorize and learn plays who's names are longer than the verticle routes they dictate Moss to run. You think The Mighty Cutler would do better in that offense given the game learning curve?

    Nope.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by DevilSpawn
      Same with Cutler,(keeping him that is) who I believe had a much better line and slightly better stats and more time to learn the same offense, which is much much more modern than what Oakland has thrown out there.

      Take away Seattle's bad tackling, and he had one lousy game. But hey, it was his first, so slack will be cut.

      Walter is not the problem. Look at the offense he was running. Look at the line that protected him. Look at how long it took him to memorize and learn plays who's names are longer than the verticle routes they dictate Moss to run. You think The Mighty Cutler would do better in that offense given the game learning curve?

      Nope.
      I don't know. I know that I haven't seen enough of Cutler to judge one way or the other. I just have not seen a single thing from Walter that would make me want to keep him if I were a Raiders fan. But hey.. I hope Davis feels the same way about him that you do. Considering how much the Raiders need at this point, they MIGHT not use that top pick on a QB.. however, since you used that last top choice on an OL that hasn't turned out NEARLY as good as his draft position would dictate, I'm guessing Al Davis will want to get better value from such a high pick. That being said, there are only a few positions that justify that kind of money. QB topping that list.

      Comment


      • #33
        Moss most likely will not be on the Raiders next year so you don't have to worry about the Quinn to Moss connection. If the Raiders trade for some O-linemen or some extra draft picks to get O-linemen and draft Quinn before Moss leaves, that might just entice him to stay a little longer. Otherwise hes gone.
        2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

        Comment


        • #34
          I rather raiders get Quinn then "any" other 1st round player.

          Comment


          • #35
            I don't think Quinn will goto the Raiders. I think they'll trade with JAX for Leftwich.
            11/6/11 - The day the Oakland Raiders got raptured!

            Comment


            • #36
              The Raiders have to pick either Quinn or Troy Smith. I think they realize that they actually need a QB



              :salute:

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Bronco_f1
                The Raiders have to pick either Quinn or Troy Smith. I think they realize that they actually need a QB
                I suspect the Raiders will go after Drew Bledsoe. Oakland has shown they prefer to use their # 1 pick on something other than a QB and Drew needs a place he can start without worrying about his back-up taking over.

                IMO, Brady Quinn could easily be the next Rick Mirer. I wouldn't draft him with a high 1st round.


                Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by DBfan187
                  I don't think Quinn will goto the Raiders. I think they'll trade with JAX for Leftwich.
                  Possibility, that crossed my mind.

                  Originally posted by Bronco_f1
                  The Raiders have to pick either Quinn or Troy Smith. I think they realize that they actually need a QB
                  Doubt it, they have Walter, why waste a top pick on a QB that is not set in stone. Plus, if you drive a car but the car doesn't work, do you fix the car or paint the car. The QB is not the issue.

                  Originally posted by PatsCrowEater
                  I suspect the Raiders will go after Drew Bledsoe. Oakland has shown they prefer to use their # 1 pick on something other than a QB and Drew needs a place he can start without worrying about his back-up taking over.

                  IMO, Brady Quinn could easily be the next Rick Mirer. I wouldn't draft him with a high 1st round.
                  Bledsoe came to mind as well, but again if he has the same protection as Walter/Brooks/Tui/Collins had, he is of no use. And I don't want him anyway. Remember, he LOST his job on a better offensive team. What's to say he'll do better here.

                  For that pick, I want a package of role players or key players on defense to make it even strong against the run, like two mammoth defensive tackles. That's what we need to be elite on that side of the ball, me thinks.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by PatsCrowEater
                    I suspect the Raiders will go after Drew Bledsoe. Oakland has shown they prefer to use their # 1 pick on something other than a QB and Drew needs a place he can start without worrying about his back-up taking over.

                    IMO, Brady Quinn could easily be the next Rick Mirer. I wouldn't draft him with a high 1st round.


                    bledslow's still alive?


                    Officially Objectified by the GPA

                    rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by dogfish
                      bledslow's still alive?


                      Very much so. Drew has thrown 15,000 more yards than Jake Plummer and has thrown nearly 90 more TD's.

                      Drew can still get it done and I hope he gets another shot next year.

                      I've always liked Bledsoe and I wish him nothing but the best.


                      Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by PatsCrowEater
                        Very much so. Drew has thrown 15,000 more yards than Jake Plummer and has thrown nearly 90 more TD's.

                        Drew can still get it done and I hope he gets another shot next year.

                        I've always liked Bledsoe and I wish him nothing but the best.

                        so plummer's your standard for excellence now?




                        i do agree with you though-- i'd LOVE to see drew get a shot with the raiders. . . .
                        Officially Objectified by the GPA

                        rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by dogfish
                          so plummer's your standard for excellence now?




                          i do agree with you though-- i'd LOVE to see drew get a shot with the raiders. . . .
                          No Little Doggie. That's not what I said.

                          Plummer's the standard for mediocrity which means Drew is above average.

                          Although I'm not sure why you'd want Drew to play for Oaklnad. He would absolutely pick apart Darrent Williams.


                          Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by PatsCrowEater
                            No Little Doggie. That's not what I said.

                            Plummer's the standard for mediocrity which means Drew is above average.

                            Although I'm not sure why you'd want Drew to play for Oaklnad. He would absolutely pick apart Darrent Williams.


                            lol, he wouldn't be picking anything besides grass out of his teeth if they don't get some better tackles. . . .
                            Officially Objectified by the GPA

                            rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X