Another Bengals arrest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogfish
    well, now you can make it eight, as dumbass deltha o'neal just got popped for a DUI. . .

seriously, the bengals are freakin' OUT OF HAND! sorry who, but your boys are wylin' out like they think they're the 1990s dallas cowboys or somethin'. . . .

Those darn ex-Broncos. *shakes fist*

I love how the whole "Bengals are criminals" thing has become a major story. Next thing you know, reports on Bengal parking tickets are going to be coming out.

Now, I know a DUI is a big no-no, and that's not cool. But still, it's not like he ran over a meter maid or got pulled over with an AK-47 or did something to get shot by the police or stabbed someone in the face with a broken beer bottle.
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
      Those darn ex-Broncos. *shakes fist*

I love how the whole "Bengals are criminals" thing has become a major story. Next thing you know, reports on Bengal parking tickets are going to be coming out.

Now, I know a DUI is a big no-no, and that's not cool. But still, it's not like he ran over a meter maid or got pulled over with an AK-47 or did something to get shot by the police or stabbed someone in the face with a broken beer bottle.

i don't think it would be such a big deal if it wasn't the EIGHTH time this year that a bengal had made the headlines for legal troubles. . . .

it's happened so much it's becoming farcical. . . .
      Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

i don't think it would be such a big deal if it wasn't the EIGHTH time this year that a bengal had made the headlines for legal troubles. . . .

it's happened so much it's becoming farcical. . . .
        Meh. I don't like it, but there's not a hell of a lot I can do about it, now, is there?

If you were the Bengals owner, in all seriousness, what would you do about this?

We can't really do anything about the current players unless they're borderline from a gameplay standpoint. We can draft to rid ourselves of a few of them, but the top guys are going to stay, regardless of what they do short of getting thrown in prison. You don't put a team together just so they can be the picture of innocence, you put a team together to win games - and a sad fact is, some criminals happen to be very, very good football players.

I'd probably hire minders, personally. Call them P.R. guys, and send them out with the players to make sure that they behave during the season. I know it's a money sinkhole, but what else can you do?
        HEAR ME ROAR!
        sigpic

Comment

Meh. I don't like it, but there's not a hell of a lot I can do about it, now, is there?

If you were the Bengals owner, in all seriousness, what would you do about this?

We can't really do anything about the current players unless they're borderline from a gameplay standpoint. We can draft to rid ourselves of a few of them, but the top guys are going to stay, regardless of what they do short of getting thrown in prison. You don't put a team together just so they can be the picture of innocence, you put a team together to win games - and a sad fact is, some criminals happen to be very, very good football players.

I'd probably hire minders, personally. Call them P.R. guys, and send them out with the players to make sure that they behave during the season. I know it's a money sinkhole, but what else can you do?

never suggested YOU should do anything but root for your team. . .

as for what management can do about it. . . . not drafting MORE questionable character guys every year would be a wonderful start i would say-- call me crazy! yes, some of those guys ARE good football players-- who can't help you team if they can't stay ON the team. . . . paging odell thurman! you got one really good year out of him and it sounds like he may be gone-- not a good return on a 2nd round pick. . . .
          Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

never suggested YOU should do anything but root for your team. . .

as for what management can do about it. . . . not drafting MORE questionable character guys every year would be a wonderful start i would say-- call me crazy! yes, some of those guys ARE good football players-- who can't help you team if they can't stay ON the team. . . . paging odell thurman! you got one really good year out of him and it sounds like he may be gone-- not a good return on a 2nd round pick. . . .
            Oh, I completely agree with that going forward. Thing is, I don't really expect much of a change until Mike Brown completely steps aside. He's always been a believer in giving people second chances, and he wants to think the best of people. I've seen this before - it goes all the way back to the 80's...

I think we'll see a change in the attitude, though. This team has taken enough heat this year, and it's time for a change. I think the media exposure has been a good thing, at least from that standpoint.
            HEAR ME ROAR!
            sigpic

Comment

I think the Bengals have broke an NFL record... Most players arrested in a single season.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderArmour
                I think the Bengals have broke an NFL record... Most players arrested in a single season.
                Got anything to back that up?
                HEAR ME ROAR!
                sigpic

Comment

Got anything to back that up?
                  No offense but he doesn't need too.

XBL: The1Executioner

Comment

Working...
                  X