Eli Manning=Next John Elway..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli Manning=Next John Elway..

Did everyone hear that Archie Manning actually flew to San Diego, talked with the owners of the Chargers, and expressed how he doesn't want them to Draft Eli with the number one Pick?

Re: Mannings

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    Did everyone hear that Archie Manning actually flew to San Diego, talked with the owners of the Chargers, and expressed how he doesn't want them to Draft Eli with the number one Pick?
    Holy Crap! Really?

That's pretty crazy! well if it's any consolation, I don't want them to draft Manning either!

Comment

Are you joking? I don't know what to make of that. Do you think Eli ask him to do that or was Archie just doing what he thought would help his son?
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

it was Mortenson giving the report. He said that Archie had first talked to the Chargers through Eli's agent.. but then today (yesterday?) flew out and talked with the owners himself. Mortenson said that Archie feels that the Bolts aren't a 'stable' enough organization and doesn't feel it would be good for Eli to have to play there.

I know Archie went through a tough time playing for the Saints when he was young and throughout his career... but THIS is REALLY over stepping his place. Now the Chargers have to make a choice. They can trade to the Giants (like they were thinking about doing anyway) or they can draft Eli as they might have done if a trade wasn't worked out. But this also puts the pressure on the Chargers to go ahead and draft Eli so it doesn't appear they are being pushed around and manipulated. I think Archie made a HUGE mistake with this move. Its going to put a black-eye on the family's name, when they were looked upon as nothing but class.

Comment

Didn't Jack Elway do something similar for John?

Comment

I don't think so. John simply had the choice of going to go play for the yankees.

Comment

No...wasn't he supposed to go to the Colts or Baltimore?

*answered my own question*

(Although it's from the mane, which I know is not an "official" source, but many of the posters there were older than 2 when Elway was drafted)

Why did Elway come to Denver instead of Baltimore (or, was it Indy already ?) back in '83? Was he simply the benefit of a trade or did he (as I've heard) actively WANT to come to Denver? And, if the latter, why did Elway wish to come to Denver? What was here that wasn't there? What was Elway's motivation to desire Denver over Baltimore, if in fact this was the case?
              You will hear many answers to this question, but the true reason was because John's father, Jack Elway and the Baltimore coach, Frank Kush hated each other. John said if Baltimore drafted him, he would rather quit football and play rightfield for the Yankees.

Comment

lol that's funny
                sigpic

Comment

lol how embarrassing for the Bolts.
                  Eeerrrrrr.......

Comment

Great starting a thread about the overrated Manning family ...

the Manning family isn't worth all the hype, IMHO...
                    fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Peyton is great, and is a class act. Archie has always been nothing but class.... I think this is just a humiliating move by Archie. I bet Eli is just burying his head in the sand after this hit the airways.

Comment

BlueDamsel

I don't know how factual I can take your source..... but if we take the story as they say it, and take what I have understood. John didn't want to play for Baltimore (because his dad didn't get along with the coach) so John said to them that he would play baseball instead of playing for the Colts. But Jack didn't go to Baltimore and tell them that he would rather see them NOT draft John.

This is just embarrassing for the Mannings and the Chargers.

Comment

Peyton is great, and is a class act. Archie has always been nothing but class.... I think this is just a humiliating move by Archie. I bet Eli is just burying his head in the sand after this hit the airways.
                          No doubt they have class but behind that class are average QB's, not great ones ...
                          fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

well.. I'll just agree to completely disagree with you on that one.

Comment

That Manning thing is about the dumbest stunt I have ever seen. (If it is true) I mean come on your the top rated man in the draft everyone is speculating you to go either 1 or 2 and your complaining that you don't want to go to a bad team? HHHHEEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOO!!!!! and the superbowl champs are supposed to have the first pick in the draft? OF course your gonna get drafted by a bad team that is why they are drafting first.

IF he had that kind of attitude then he shouldn't have done good in college, and get drafted at the end of the first round to a "Good Team" that his father wants him to play for.

Getting drafted by the chargers is a good thing. At least Manning will most likely start. if we went to lets say the Patriots, do you think they will let the precious Brady Bunch sit on the bench while Manning gets playing time? No he's gonna end up like Carson Palmer and rider the bench all season long.

OK I am done with my Rant about this whole situation.

Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X