No announcement yet.

Eli Manning=Next John Elway..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet he doesn't hold out and re-enter the draft again next year. Do you know how much MONEY that would cost him if he did??? He wouldn't be the #1 overall pick again, and would cost himself MILLIONS in signing bonuses, not to mention endorsments...fan base... and anything and everything else.

I bet the Colts don't feel that 'drafting and trading' away John Elway was the best way to go. But Eli doesn't have the options that John did. I want the Bolts to draft Eli just for the sake of the draft, but I don't want to have to play against him twice a year for the next 10 either.

Comment

Some people here use the word 'hypocricy' like its going out of style.

Comment

I hope Eli flops, otherwise we're gonna be stuck with a "THE MANNINGS" Reality show on CBS!!
        [QUOTE]
        If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Shut Up About Portis & Manning!

I'm tired of you guys talking about these two how they are babies and such and such. You talk about Clinton Portis being a baby about how much he wants to be paid for his worth. Look you would do the same damn thing. We all know that the average career for a RB is like 3-5 years. I mean I wish he didn't do what he did but he did. What if he would have gotten hurt like TD? Would he able to get the money he has now the next year? No! Perfect example is Ian Gold. He got hurt and can't get the money that he wants because of his injury. This is a game where you don't have real long careers like sorry @$$ baseball. You have to get yours so I don't blame Clinton Portis for doing what he did. He has to support his family too. And just 'cause he maybe money hungry or whatever doesn't mean we all aren't because we all work for that green as well, to do what? Support ourselves and as well as our love ones.

On Eli Manning, I don't want his butt in the AFC West. I don't want him being like Payton Manning and having to deal with him. Let him go to the New York Giants. I want the San Diego Chargers too keep sucking. Be lucky you don't have to play Michael Vick twice a year. Thank God For The Falcons! So all y'all just shut up about it. And I hope Oakland draft Robert Gallery because I don't want to be facing Roy Williams or a Ben Roethlisberger. So as long as the Chefs, ReChargers, and the Chokeland Raiders keep F'in' up I am all for it and if you're a real Bronco Fan you should support this as well. So what sucks for them benefits us.

And if the Oakland Raiders had the first pick in the draft and I was the number one player to be projected to go number one despite what team is picking, you sure darn well I'd be doing a John Elway and an Eli Manning as well because I hate the Raiders and I bleed orange and blue. F THE RAIDERS!

Comment

this was an amazing post guys give it a chance

Comment

only joking

Comment

I don't blame Clinton Portis for doing what he did. He has to support his family too.

You make it sound like 400,000 dollars a year is not enough to support a family.

Comment

You make it sound like 400,000 dollars a year is not enough to support a family.
                  You ever heard of charity? I'm sure he'd want money to start up his own charity or other endeavors to help other people. I know if I was in the NFL or the NBA I'd be pimping either one of 'em for as much money as I can so I can start my own charity and do somethin' to give back to the community.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos28
                    You ever heard of charity? I'm sure he'd want money to start up his own charity or other endeavors to help other people. I know if I was in the NFL or the NBA I'd be pimping either one of 'em for as much money as I can so I can start my own charity and do somethin' to give back to the community.
                    Whenever you see a NFL or NBA player give alot of money to charity, Remember that they get that money back come Tax time!
                    So they are not really giving it away. They are just improving their image. Some do it for the actually charity but all in all, it's just to look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos28
                      What $3,000?At the most!
                      sigpic

Comment

Re: Mannings

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                        Did everyone hear that Archie Manning actually flew to San Diego, talked with the owners of the Chargers, and expressed how he doesn't want them to Draft Eli with the number one Pick?
                        he flew out there at the request by the commissioner who set the meeting up between archie n the bolts owners to discuss this....its not like he did it on his own IMO i wouldnt trust that organation either they've had 2 #1's n a #2 in the past 6 years n nothing to show for it...what i find ironic is eli's agent also represents drew brees n schottiheimer...

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                          Anyone who wants to talk smack about Eli Manning, go ahead, but just realize, that if your a Broncos fan, your being very hypocritical. John Elway did the SAME EXACT THING. It is Eli's choice to play where he wants, and while i don't like it, i do respect it.
                          And it was wrong for Elway to do that, but some of us were -2 years of age when that happened..and that's in '83, this is 2004, this kind of stuff shouldn't happen nowadays..
                          fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoCat
                            Besides Eli is good but there are a lot of really good QBs.
                            Remember John was great but so was Marino. See the list.
                            Where is Eli?

04 Ryan Dinwiddie . . . .Boise State . . . . . . .164.1
                            Sorry, couldn't resist
                            sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Working...
                            X